It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents Revolt, Fire 5 City Employees

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well, that's just a poorly written article. It describes the event as a "revolt" and a "coup", but doesn't really explain why. A noisy town meeting does not necessarily constitute a "revolt". Sounds like a simple case of news media sensationalism to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
While I do applaud this, reality unfortunatley will come slamming back down. The courts will overturn the firings, and once overturned the police and legislators will use every means at thier disposal to single out and deal with those that did this. This is going to get real ugly real quick.

Sadly, I agree. Governments have laws to keep this sort of thing from sticking. Notice those that were fired are already seeking injunctions.

I expect we'll see more of this sort of thing as we all ride the Death Spiral of the American Empire.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It is interesting that they can file injunctions to keep from being fired, must be nice. I was under the impression that when your employer leveled a pink slip your direction, that was it, you look for other means. Only in politics could they have something as asinine as those types of laws. 'Cause of course, the gov. put those laws there for 'our' protection, meaning them the government! "Can't fire us! We'll sue!"

Chrono

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

Yeah, that sort of thing is happening in Memphis as well. The mayor recently resigned, well the appointees that didn't leave with him found themselves asked to leave by the mayor pro tem. At least one has leveled a lawsuit at the mayor pro tem. Pretty sad state of affairs.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This is in my opinion the democracy at its best. We should have all that power but we give it away(Patriot Act) IF we stood up more our country would be a whole lot better. People should not have to fear goverment the goverment should fear its people

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
WHat!?!

We are on page two of this thread and nobody has noticed that according to the article the US is 800 years old?

Citizens like Less Holte says its "Justice. And the town of Gallaway has finally been delivered back to the citizens of the town of Gallaway, like it should have been a long time ago." Bad blood has divided the tiny town of roughly 800 for years.

Not that I am not a fan of the article but they should source check their historical facts me thinks...

My real wonder is if the Mayor will be fire too... from the article I would suspect him to a certain degree.. Maybe he is not involved with the reasons the others were fired but he should respect the locals as a local representive...

My thoughts anyways

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsoul2009
reply to post by Vitchilo

We're going to quote Timothy McVeigh now in a patriotic manner? MoFo was a domestic terrorist

McVeigh was a Patsy.

The government attacked itself.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

It's probably because everyone else correctly read the sentence. It is saying the the town's population is 800.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The people have, or should have, the option of recall. Just because they elected a politician for a certain length of time does not mean they should have to be stuck with bad decisions, mismanagement, or corruption until the next election cycle. They should be able to fire the politicians at will, with due cause, at any time.

And any appointed public servants also serve at the whim of the people.

Don't be a wuss. Take back your gov't. You will not succeed in every case, but you will learn from every incident and thus be that much more prepared for the next instance. Plus, you will get these bums to finally wake up and serve the people instead of themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join