It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The More Strapped We All Get The Harder We Get Screwed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I truly don't understand the reasoning behind a lot of what I see going on around me! Take for instance, my credit union. Nowall of a sudden, if I walk in and ask for a statement... its $2.00... if I need a cashiers check or two... they are now $3.00 each. These are newly implemented fees. Gas is not 4.00 + anymore, but groceries are still skyrocketing... How many of you have been told that due to the economic situation there will be no raises in your near future? How many of you have had your hours cut? How many of you have seen your fake ass credit score plummet? How many of you have seen your insurance rates go up due to no fault of your own? How many of you work for a company that has decided it can no longer afford to offer you benefits, but your so grateful to have a job, you can not afford to complain? How many of us have watched our 401ks get looted to the point that we will have to work for the rest of our lives?

I could go on and on but I am sure that you get the point!!! The thing is, what can we do about it.... I assume nothing!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I think in election year 2010 we should vote out every incumbent. If that don't send the message we do the same in 2012. Regardless of whether their democrat, republican, or independent.

Invest in Vaseline.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by jam321]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

That is a good idea, but then again, can we really trust elections anymore either!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

jam321, I would appreciate if you started a thread on that. we could DIGG it, make it news, start a grass-roots movement and get it done.

Get rid of every damn (pardon) one of those people.

I would also like to apoligize to regular "people". I don't mean to associate those of you with those other kinds of life forms.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

School buses. And all those time-shares. That's where we could send them.

Then, when someone asks where all the pols went, we can blame Area 51 or the Indigo's.

Point is, just send them SOMEWHERE.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I hear you OP, this is getting ridiculous. Last year when the gas went so high and food prices went up with it I knew they would not come down if gas went back to less than a dollar a gallon.

How nice for our seniors and people like me that worked but are now permanently disabled that we get no increase at all for two years in the pittance we are allotted from Social Security that we paid into.

Everything is getting more costly and wages are stagnant, just like you said, people are so desperate that they just suck it all up.

I agree with jam321, vote these idiots out every year until something changes. Except Ron Paul of course.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I am so frustrated right now, I can not even express it here for fear of being kicked to the curb! Gas here in town has jumped 10 cents a gallon to 2.59 this past week.... Why? You know what, I want my handouts too, but by golly I get up everyday and go to a job that I hate and with a muscle disease too! There are days that I get out of bed and have to stand bent over for a few minutes before I can move...but I go... I go so that others can lay up on their able bodied read ends and let me and others support them and in the mean time I am stuggling just to keep my bills paid!
Sorry, I am ranting... but I am upset about all of it!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

I hear you! It is very upsetting! I see more and more seniors that have had to go back to work! And yet, there are young people out there, spitting out baby after baby, not hitting a lick at a snake and getting everything handed to them on a silver platter! Its disgusting! I am all for helping someone who is in need, what I have a problem with isthose that take advantage of the system!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

The reason your bank is just now starting with all of the fees you listed is because they do not want you as a customer anymore. One good way to tell your customer you do not want business with them anymore is to raise prices without negotiation.

As for the workplace that cuts benefits I see it as they are not offering what a person is looking for and people will have no choice but to fire their boss.

I have fired many bosses in my lifetime. One time they screw up they are out the door.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Welcome to being poor.

When your poor everything costs more. The worse off you are the more stuff costs.

It's a sad fact.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
How nice for our seniors and people like me that worked but are now permanently disabled that we get no increase at all for two years in the pittance we are allotted from Social Security that we paid into.

Everything is getting more costly and wages are stagnant, just like you said, people are so desperate that they just suck it all up.

I highly recommend you vote with your wallet.

If you have access to land your family owns, start a garden group,
or if you have a big backyard or a family member does.

Use Heirloom or open pollinated seeds.

The ppl that don't work much, get percentage based on how much
they help in the garden.

Planting, watering, weeding, pest control, picking.

Agree as a group on the tasks, and those who do most of the work
get most of the crop.

Look for things you can do without, such as cable TV,
start a hunting group an get some rabbit, squirrel, and deer.

You can make jerky from the meat if you do not want to rely
on freezers as the grid may go down, and gas may skyrocket
during a mideast war.

Make a solar dehydrator for most of the veggies and meat.

Do every damn thing you can to not give "them" a penny.

If enough ppl do it, "they" will feel it in time, and you become
self sufficient.

Pool your resources, but do your best to NOT look like a militia,
or your going on a list.

If you have neighbors nearby you trust, have one keep their
internet access and the rest of you turn it off and Coop pay the
one that is on.

Anything your group can do for themselves and save money
start doing it now.

Decide what ppl your group needs and go recruit them, or
hand out the needed tasks to the ppl in the group.

Don't protest, don't raise hell, think out of sight is out of mind.

Watch "The End of America" on youtube by naomi wolf.

She was referring to Bush mostly, but it is just as true of if not
more so now.

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

All great ideas. The thing is, how do you know who you can trust anymore? I am being serious!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Watch... Labor day is coming up, what do want to bet the gas prices will go up at least a dime in the next week!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Darlin/Señorita/Ma'am,

My heart goes out to You, and all People feeling this debacle currently being perpetrated on us by the Elite. I cannot say for everyone, but there are a great deal of us who will be there for People as the need becomes more evident.

S&F

top topics

join