It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benefits of alot of greens in diet....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I was not sure where to post this as there is no area just for alternative or natural health.
Greens are good for survival and can be grown anywhere but this is not the point. I want to educate on the importance of greens in one's diet. Especially on brain health, heart health and overall physical health and mental energy. Make sure you buy local or grow your own as the government is trying to irradiate greens.

Victoria Boutenko is the founder of the green smoothie revolution, who wrote the book 'Green for life'. She found a way to get people to eat their greens and have it taste delicious too.
Her website:
www.rawfamily.com...
Just some Health benefits of green smoothies:
The health benefits of green smoothies are:

1. According to Vitoria Boutenko in her book, 12 Steps to Raw Foods, "when blended well, most of the cell walls in the greens and fruits are ruptured, making the valuable nutrients easy for the body to assimilate. Green smoothies literally start to get absorbed in your mouth."

2. They are full of fiber which is very important for good colon ecology and elimination of waste.

3. They are chlorophyll rich. Chlorophyll is the blood of the plant and it is the molecule that most closely resembles human blood. It purifies our blood. It fights bad breath and bad body odor. It is an immune enhancer. It can help to correct anemia. It will rejuvenate your body.

4. They give you much more than the minimal requirements of fruits and veggies recommended by the American Cancer Society.

5. They are high in antioxidants and phytochemicals.

6. They will help to bring down the acidity in your pH and make you more alkaline. Cancer does not grow in an alkaline body. In fact, most disease grows in an acid environment.

More information:
www.squidoo.com...
vitalself.typepad.com...
gotgreensrevolution.com...
www.growingraw.com...
www.ehow.com...
You can google more free information and recipes online.

Some videos:

(one for the kids, independant cartoon)

Just type in green smoothie on youtube and you will find tonnes of videos.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Applesandoranges

Dang it. And I just decided to go without lettuce on my sandwiches tonight.

Thanks for this thread. I know I can at least make the smoothies. I just need to buy a juicer and I will have the best of both worlds.

Very informative videos. The woman in the second video is definitely in tuned with how to get people accustomed to the taste. Although, I would not advise anyone to eat random clover on the ground.

Thank you. I will now try out the smoothie idea as soon as possible.

ttyl

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Chlorophyll is the blood of the plant and it is the molecule that most closely resembles human blood. It purifies our blood.

Really bad science here. Chlorophyll is not the "blood" of the plant. It is a molecule designed to absorb specific light wavelengths useful for photosynthesis.

Human blood is not a molecule, it is a water based fluid of many different cells. It does not in the slightest resemble chlorophyll.

Chlorophyll doesn't purify our blood, either. That's a nonsensical claim.

Cancer does not grow in an alkaline body.

I like how they sneak this one in there. The cure to cancer huh? Unfortunately it is another nonsensical claim.

Greens are plenty good for the body, they don't need unscientific and misleading HYPE.

join