It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has you people convinced about 2012?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trams
It's come to my attention that there are people on this site and many others who believe they are "awake". They believe that of course they are "awake", and that they are so "enlightened", but the majority of people are "asleep", and ignorant. Can I ask you "awaken" what it really means to be awake?

It's a responsibility. Once one knows more than the sleepers than one is expected not to conflict with others that are awake. That's the oversimplified way to say it. Imbalances in reality happen and those that are awake either try to re-balance it or usually know how to find a greater power to help. Most of this is talked about and explained in public review with no need to stay secret about events, yet sometimes to explain the events to someone that doesn't have an awareness like the awakened could took quite awhile. The awakened usually gain sense (a tolerance) when it is best to just be quiet about things and let things appear to happen as if it were by magic.

This isn't the only 'Earth'. You can go into any real biblical text and they all claim that also, so this shouldn't seem like some new revelation to hear that from me.

The progress on this Earth is behind. Many people are in pain because of it. Changes have been made to 'fix' this. The more it looks like magic, the better. We need to heal that pain. We need to learn how to use Earth resources properly without wasteful efforts to drag Earth resources all over the galaxy. That is one step to heal.

Consider 2012 more of an effect of a confirmation rather than start of a cause. Maybe you've heard it this way before "this is not the end, this is the beginning, this is the end of a beginning"

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

i actually belive in the power of intention. i think so many people will believe something will happen, that it will make it happen.
that is a veryshort explanation of what i believe.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
There will be an awful lot of out of work prophets, gurus and book writers desperately seeking out ways to bilk the "easily led" out of a portion of their money.
Starseeds and Indigo children will realise that there is no money in it....and become "spiritual guidance counsellors".

Also the Galactic Federation of Light will "announce" their intentions to wait until the new hyperspatial bypass is installed delaying the admittance of Earth by [insert x amount of months/years].

In other words just another day here on this crazy planet.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by EdCase512]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I have given my oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. I intend to fulfill that oath.. 2012.. as most people I laughed it off as only another possible y2k scare...even the planetary alignment scare.. Well.. Sumerians wrote of Nibiru... Mayan ... the Red star and the 7 mountains.. The Kolbrin Bible the Rosetta Stone of Planet X!" . These prescient accounts of the Egyptian and Celtic authors clearly describe a brown dwarf. Well is it really out there....Where is the evidence..

By Thomas O'Toole, Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, December 30, 1983 ; Page A1
Possibly as Large as Jupiter;
Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered
The correct figure is 50 billion miles. It also might be a Jupiter-like star that started out to become a star eons ago but never got hot enough like the sun to become a star. which is so cold it casts no light so close to the sun it would be part of the solar system....there was some speculation that it might be moving toward Earth Cal Tech's Neugebauer said. "I want to douse that idea with as much cold water as I can." ...."All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is," Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief scientist for California's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director of the Palomar Observatory for the California Institute of Technology, said in an interview.

NASA BAFFLED BY UNEXPLAINED FORCE ACTING ON PROBES\

The New York Times
Sunday, January 30, 1983
Clues Get Warm in the Search for Planet X
John Noble Wilford
Something out there beyond the farthest reaches of the known solar system seems to be tugging at Uranus and Neptune. Some gravitational force keeps perturbing the two giant planets, causing irregularities in their orbits. The force suggests a presence far away and unseen, a large object that may be the long-sought Planet X.
Evidence assembled in recent years has led several groups of astronomers to renew the search for the 10th planet. They are devoting more time to visual observations with the 200-inch telescope at Mount Palomar in California. They are tracking two Pioneer spacecraft, now approaching the orbit of distant Pluto, to see if variations in their trajectories provide clues to the source of the mysterious force. And they are hoping that a satellite-borne telescope launched last week will detect heat “signatures” from the planet, or whatever it is out there. The Infrared Astronomical Satellite was boosted into a 560-mile-high polar orbit Tuesday night from Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA. It represents an $80-million venture by the United States, Britain and the Netherlands. In the next six or seven months, the telescope is expected to conduct a wide-ranging survey of nearly all the sky, detecting sources not of ordinary light, but of infrared radiation, which is invisible to the human eye and largely absorbed by the atmosphere. Scientists thus hope that the new telescope will chart thousands or infrared-emitting objects that have gone undetected – stars, interstellar clouds, asteroids and, with any luck, the object that pulls at Uranus and Neptune.

John P. Bagby has now introduced a new piece to the puzzle of solar-system cyclic behavior. While searching for possible perturbations of the planets due to a tenth major planet or a dark massive solar companion (MSC), he discovered that the perihelia of the outer planets (orbital points closest to the sun) were being disturbed with an average period of 11.2 years. This is almost exactly the sunspot period of about 11 years ( or half the period of solar magnetic field reversals of about 22 years). He suggests two possibilities:
(1) Mutual resonance effects between the planets
(2) The effects of a massive solar companion.
...If this Dwarf Star is coming .. reports on the net say it will be as close as Mars in June 2012 .. and will be south of the sun .. moving toward north as it finishes its orbit in December 21 2012 .. to then again continue it’s roughly 4970 year orbit around the sun... its gravitational force could reach as far as Jupiter.. and when it is as close as Mars or possibly In 2011 we will see it and know it is there. Would make since it being a star would also align with the galactic center of the galaxy. The Chandler wobble is a small motion in the Earth's axis of rotation coincided with the galactic alignment with the galaxy roughly every 26 thousand years. Our Solar System orbit’s the black hole of our galaxy roughly every 26000 years as well ends in 2012. The Dark Plane a line running more or less through the center of the Milky Way Galaxy the Densest Portion of the spiral arm. Our solar system moves through this region periodically over a great time span. This region is heavily packed with stars, especially those that go supernova, Type II. Type I Supernova are observed in all galaxies. But type II are limited to the very "dense or star-packed regions of the arms of the spiral galaxies, such as our Milky Way. Because type II supernovae are so violently explosive, they present a grave and severe threat to every star system close to them. This motion has brought us into one of the most dangerous supernova-producing regions of our entire galaxy." We are now approaching this area. The gravitation field of the Galactic Plane can cause solar-like winds to behave like steering currents on comets and other objects . The Earth has been pounded in the past, The very sparse, hot gas of the Local Bubble is the result of supernovae that exploded within the past two to four million years Thirty-four thousand years ago (34,000), the second part of a supernova explosion, the shock wave portion, hit the earth. The first shock wave comparatively did not disturb the Earth– It was rather unnoticed. Nothing happened, such that the inhabitants of the Earth would have become alarmed. Nothing heavy plummeted to the planet. They may have noticed a large array of ‘shooting' stars coming into the high, rarefied air. This cosmic castoff from the supernova with cosmic substances in the cosmos were pushed onto Earth. Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event was picked up 1992 by Eleusis space craft interstellar origin Micro meteorites coming from outside solar system They were caused by ions and small particles, all heavily laced with near to microscopic iron. Signs of evidence inside ice sheets over 35 thousand to 72 thousand years old Zodiacal belt shows Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event These toxic radioactive particles would later cause havoc. Man, animals, and plants suffered with radiation sickness. Mutations occurred. Tests of archeological finds show that man then had one blood type: O, some 100,000 to 40,000 years hence. After the supernova influence, humans started showing up with blood types A and B; and O continue to express itself also. Blood types A or B did not exist thousands of years ago. According to some scientists, if we possess those blood types, we are "blood brothers/sisters" to a supernova in the not too distant past. God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform. . Some have even claimed to find evidence of periodic mass extinctions that might be explained by a single (as-yet-unidentified) star in an elliptical orbit around the sun. A diagram appeared in the 1987 edition of the "New Science and Invention Encyclopedia", published by H.S. Stuttman, Westport, Connecticut, USA. The article was discussing the purpose of the Pioneer 10 & 11 space probes. Clearly shown is "Nemesis", a popular name for our sun's binary companion, a dead star. (Binary solar systems are apparently the rule in our galaxy, not the exception.) The solar system may not be a nice round shape, but rather a bit squashed and oblong, according to data from the Voyager 2 spacecraft exploring the solar system's outer limits, scientists said. Walter Cruttenden of the Binary Research Institute is that local gases are fairly uniform and the shape derives from the trajectory of the solar system through local space -- possibly in its orbit around a companion star. This binary companion would cause the sun's orbit to curve, and would explain the Precession of the Equinox by the way in which the Earth's rotation was affected by not one, but two stars. Yes, that’s right, if the data is correct our solar system is curving through space (carrying the earth and spacecraft with it of course) so rapidly that the only way to explain it is if our sun is gravitationally bound to another nearby star. Every Myth .. has a hidden truth behind it....It was recently reported by NewScientist that Gravity Probe B received an “F” from the U.S. Government and the project would receive no more funding. But after netting out the spacecraft and earth orbit motions the remaining signal was far larger than anyone expected. In fact, it is so large it either means there is some unforeseen problem with the gyros or that our sun is part of a binary star system. The Rich like Bill Gates .. seems to believe there is something to worry about when it comes to.. his building of the Dooms Day Seed Vault “ Norway's ark-Doomsday CNN- 2012 Planet X ?”
The biggest problem is life is full of surprises like the Web Bot Project computer oracle program predicts a major event in 2012. As you read this, several planets are experiencing global warming. Saturn, for instance, has changed 30 percent. If this had occurred on the Earth, all life as we know it would be gone.
Seems allot is to unfold in the next few years for mankind...the Spiritual enlightenment to come is to begin at the end of 2011... in the Maya Calendar very good subject...DNA activation .. All these events are to take place in the coming years seems to be all connected in some way... .. "COME and SEE"

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
On a lighter note, many people may be hung up on 2012 for one very good reason. Have you ever tried talking to a random cute woman at a bar about 2012? Pure gold I tells ya!

Heh. What? 2012 is some urban legend? Started by some ancients who wanted to mindf*** the people of the future? That's funny.

Conversation from 1200 A.D. in Yucatan Peninsula:
"Hey Xatulma, let's make up a story about there being no future. People will think it's the end of the world and get all crazy."
"Have another shot of cocoa."
"Dude"
"Dude"

[edit on 20-8-2009 by JJay55]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Humanity is fascinated in the unknown. Christianity has its millennium predictions, Nostradamus has his predictions, and the Mayans have their nightmarish myths. According to what I have read, the Mayan calender itself is coming to an end. Even though there is no connection specifically, I think some people created Armageddon theories to profit from.

When it hit 12:00 am on January 1, 2000, many people were looking for some type of revelation. Someone predicted a disaster caused by the millennium bug, and others were looking for a biblical revelation. I am not personally fascinated by the 2012 mythology, but I am interested in the factor that there are multiple revelations for this century. I think humanity will revisit this phenomenon in the year 2999. Since the Christian bible does not use specific years, the book of Revelation can be connected to any millennial ending.

Someone in between now and 2999 will also make Nostradamus type of predictions. 2012 is driven by a fascination with mythology, and how a certain unknown factor can be interpreted.

Since 'all' of our lives are in a state of flux, the real revelation can happen at any moment. Someone gets hit by a car daily. Someone falls down a set of stairs. No one can predict fate.

If I had to make a prediction for this century, I would bet that all of our current chaos is from feeling rejected. Since many people were searching for some type of millennial based revelation, they felt rejected and let down by participating with certain religions. As a result of feeling rejected by one religion, they are seeking out another for answers.

Mayans, Egyptian, and many other cultures are dead and gone. If you think about how they all faded away, they did meet their revelation many decades (or centuries) ago. Other words, there predictons have already come true.

Christianity and Judeo religions are still waiting, for the believers live throughout the world. If they were located in one locations and their civilization disappeared, we would be talking about the Christian-Judeo mythology.

Something to think about.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
You all have to remember.What ever happens in 2012 weather its good or bad the human race on this planet will continue.Nothing will stop that.Weather half the population of the earth is wiped out in a nuclear war or major asteroid impact.The human race will go on.Weather the earth fips its poles and wipes out 75% of life on this planet.The human race will go on.If the yellow stone park super volcano exsplodes and wipes out half of canada and the united states and puts the earth into a nuclear winter for 50 years.The human race will go on.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

Tell that to the dinosaurs. hehe.
Actually the alligator is a dinosaur so yes, like cockroaches, humans will still be around... maybe we won't mess it up the next time around.
It would be really nice if there was a warning though... so we could just have a giant party and not go out with a black cloud. Too bad that humanity isn't so great afterall, but glad that Mother Nature reigns supreme.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trams
There are so many theories on what will happen in 2012, its almost impossible for one of them not to be correct.

I think what you meant was, "There are so many theories on what will happen in 2012, it's almost impossible for not one of them to be correct"

This raises sort of a chicken and the egg question. What will happen in 2012? Perhaps nothing naturally, i.e. asteroid, pole shifting, etc. But maybe the simple fact that a large amount of people believe something will happen is enough to MAKE something happen. Spiritualists believe that our consciousness can affect the events that unfold in the universe around us...perhaps the collective consciousness of humanity will cause something to happen in 2012? Is something going to happen in 2012 that is affecting society's consciousness, or is society's consciousness affecting what will happen in 2012?

The fact is, NOBODY knows what will happen. Not even the "almighty" Mayans. The future is not set in stone...humanity always has the power to change what happens.

FYI I myself do not believe anything particularly amazing will happen on or around that date. I believe it will come and pass as many a predicted "humanity ascension" date has.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Okay, since this thread is about trying to understand where believers are coming from I thought I should speak up.

After a lot of time spent reasearching the topic I have come across a lot of compelling and, well, not-so-compelling arguments on the legidimacy of predictions for 2012. But in the end I have found that there is an overwhelming amount of evidence that does suggest something huge will occur before, on, and following December 21st, 2012.

Geological evidence- The Atlantic(and Mid-Atlantic) ridge is a giant scar that extends downward from iceland, through the atlantic
Magma explodes out of the earth's mantle along this ridge, expanding the ocean floor. The weird thing is that while mapping the ridge, scientists discovered that each time the magma became part of the crust, the magnetic polarities were recorded in the rock itself.
What they saw while scanning this, was a striped zebra pattern of positively charged and negatively charged volcanic material.
This means the earth has changed it's polarities dozens of times before.
The approximate time between these reversals was found to be 2600 years, this is eerily close to the proposed 2300-odd-years the the Mayan Calendar, and other sources predict.

Biblical relevance- This is an obvious one, Noah's Ark, apocalyse, fire, brimstone, etc.

Astrological evidence- The procession of the Equinox is very important to consider because, as previous posts have said we are moving out of Pisces and into Aquariaus. Although this sounds new-agey, it's actually based on the planetary alignments. For your viewing pleasure:

www.woodstockstory.com...

Every "age" is approx. 2300 years long, and the 12 signs of the zodiac change every 26,000 years. Dec 21st 2012 happens to be in the midst of this transition from one sign(constellation) to the next.

Astrophysical evidence- There was a gravitational pull detected in both the late 80s and early 90s (I reccomend the documentary 2012: Science or Superstition for this and much more) coming from the far edge of our galaxy. The reports indicated that the pull was increasing over time, suggesting that there was a planet or star that was heading in our direction, and quickly.
This coincides with another theory that our sun is actually part of a binary star system. This means that two stars continually circle each other, increasing speed as they approach each other, then dosey-do-ing around each other, shooting away from each other again and decreasing speed as distance increases. Leaving a large gap in time until they reach the end of their course and pull each other back in. It's proposed that the type our sun is linked with is a brown dwarf. Once again, I love visual aids:

scienceblogs.com...

This very well could make sense of all that planet X/Nibiru talk...

It is also very much true that the galactic alignment will occur around, you guessed it, Dec 21st 2012. This is the earth lining up with the sun, lining up with the milky way and ultimately the black hole at the center of our galaxy that scientists believe may in fact be the origin of all physical matter that made up our solar system, and galaxy. There is also Mayan and Aztec art that depicts this alignment, giving rise to a the theory that they may have in fact witnessed one, which could be why they had such incredibly precise astrological knowledge.

Ancient sources- The Mayan calendar is relevant not only because of when it ends, but because of it's amazing accuracy. They actually calculated the sun's trip around the earth within decimals of today's calculations. They also believed that time is fluid, there is no past, present, future. They are all one indivisible mass simultaneously happening all around us.

I'll write more based on if I'm boring you all to death or not...lol

-Sunseeker

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Nostradomus says alot about 2012, actually go to google video and type "nostradomus 2012" Its a 1-2 hour documentary about his predictions that tie in with the other ancients.

Deebo

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Zippy,

If you change 51 to 49 then that would be my post exactly. With absolutely no changes.

- PM

Originally posted by zippy1958
I have been thinking about this alot lately. First let me say that I do believe that something is happening, something is changing, something is different.

About a year and a half ago, I was driving in my car and suddenly had a profound thought come into my head. I suddenly KNEW without a doubt that everything is one and connected. Duality is an illusion. This experience started everything for me.

I then had an uncontrollable urge to learn the truth about everything. I bought books, I searched the net looking for the truth. I felt led to certain books. I felt led to this site. It seems that everytime I have a question about something, the answer is put right in my lap. It has been the best year and a half of my 51 years.

At the same time, I also wonder if I have gone off my rocker. I never use to think about the things I think about now. I also used to be stressed out all the time. I am much calmer now.

There are too many things happening at the same time now, like no other time in history. It just seems like everything is coming together. It seems planned and I don't mean planned by the PTB. I think it is planned by something MUCH bigger than that. TPTB are just players.

I try to keep my head in the real world to some degree. If nothing happens in the next 3 1/2 years, then I want to be able to laugh at myself and look at it as a very strange part of my life.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I wouldnt say I'm 'convinced' of some global event in 2012, but I do find it interesting that Venus crosses infront of the sun, and the galactic allignment are actual fact. IMO if anything happens, it'll stem from that

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Nostradomus says alot about 2012, actually go to google video and type "nostradomus 2012" Its a 1-2 hour documentary about his predictions that tie in with the other ancients.

Deebo

i actually watched it last night out of boredom. it's a huge pile of sensationalism

for any cosmic scale event to occur it take years, sometimes generations. things like pole shifts, galactic movement, elongated orbits would not happen instantly on a certain date and at an exact minute (11:11 am!!!). the only thing that could happen in a minute would be an asteroid hitting us since we've only charted less than 5% of those in the solar system. i guess we just can't afford to waste taxpayer money for such insignificant things

so unless something does happen on that date, nothing will ever convince me it's of any significance. besides all those apocalyptic people are still working, shopping, paying their bills - enough proof that not even they really believe it. but it's nice to hope that you'll die with the whole world and nobody will survive when you're dead

and for christ's sake some people actually believe in the IHC and can't distinguish between a site that promotes a movie and a real conspiracy site
so yeah all this "i'm awake, you're sheep" is just another way of making oneself feel "special and unique".

[edit on 7-9-2009 by DarkSecret]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Not to rain on anyone's parade but something truly tragic will happen during the back end of 2012...
Hundreds of people may commit suicide after realizing that they've just spent a generous proportion of their adult life wondering what will happen in the future.

If something happens, it happens. Sitting around wondering about it and trying to guess seems pretty tragic to me personally.
Quit worrying about something you can do nothing about, and when 2012 does arrive, cross your fingers, pray (if that's you're thing), and go along for the ride.

I realize these are forums for alt. subjects such as 2012, and as such all i'm doing is adding my personal perspective on the subject. Hope i didn't offend any of y'all

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I read one one of David Wilcock's free books and I thought that it put forth a really convincing argument.

You can find the whole text here

divinecosmos.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The only thing that makes 2012 interesting is the variety of different events taking place, coinciding with the number of 'plausible' prophetic remnants from ancient civilizations.

There are vague fingers pointing at 2012 from:

Aztecs
Mayans
Egyptians
Sumerians*
Nostradamus
The 'alignment' with the galactic plane.
The Book of Genesis
Solar Activity
Climate Change

*According to those who believe in their own accurate translations.

Ultimately, all of these things are debatable. I'm interested to see what, if anything, will happen. The only thing that IS odd, is the amount of preparations being made by the world governments for some sort of disaster. Not sure if they are planning for 2012, or some other forseeable catastrophy that has yet to be announced. Lots of underground vaults being made, storage of food, seeds, other information. Could be just precautions for future nuclear wars, who knows...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Think about it. Many people have fallen on hard times economically. Of course many would accept the fact of the world entering its final stage of existence, when the future looks so bleak for 90 percent of us.

Plus, in this age of Grunge music, people are so depressed many would welcome a catastrophe with open arms. More optimistic people would also welcome a consciousness shift.

this just makes me laugh. every single decade, something happens that makes people believe the world is coming to an end. this has been going on for AGES people. it is NOTHING new. Life has never been perfect and probably never will be, and people need to learn to accept that and not assume the world will end just because life isnt 100 percent awesome.

thats life.

learn to enjoy your life and stop worrying about money and wars and all these things that arent worth worrying about. it just makes your life that much more crappy if you let all of this get to you.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'm not exactly convinced that 2012 will be the end of the world, however I think that if enough people truly believe that there will be a large change in the world, then there will be. For all we know the govt. is in on this, and maybe they have something brewing to throw at us once 2012 comes... but that's just my 2cents.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Excellent thread, very interesting thanks!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join