It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has you people convinced about 2012?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Being asleep can suit many, and others need to be awake. As for me, I think I'm either happily sleeping, or am somewhere else. I'm sure many feel this way.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What has me convinced? Well, I´m not there yet, but ATS sure is helping me believe it all isn´t just some kind of Blossum Passwind affair again.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
OP!

YOU People? YOU are we people! I just get so annoyed at 'members' who speak out as if they are seperate from the rest.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by antar]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fockewulf190

I thought the same thing when I first came to ATS. If you keep researching the subject, you will realize that there are too many theories, and you might get sick of it all.

antar,
Well, in a way, I am separated, with many others, because I don't believe anything will happen in 2012, that will have outstanding results. But I guess the title seems like I am egotistical.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

God told all of us except you.
You are to be kept in the dark.
It's for your own good.
Just enjoy the ride.
We'll take of things for you.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Minimum Bottom line: Atms drained of cash, food shelves cleaned out of grocery stores and warehouse clubs weeks in advance of Chirstmas. A terrible Christmas, children scared, adults scared, no one gets much sleep in 2012, the entire year. Sleeping pills sell like hot cakes, doctors treating people for manic depression. Ammunition sales soar. People buy practical Christmas gifts. Everything will be anti recession. People spending their money. House sales soar..... everyone wants stability? Walmart stock soars? What ever preparations happen at hurricane time will happen everywhere worldwide. Peace will emerge while nothing happens, chaos if something does.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
listen, this whole 2012 thing is an event that will take many hours to fully explain. Some of these nitwits will tell you that it is a lie - farce - joke - paranoid illusions!!!! You have to ask yourself some important questions, such Why does the our government Lie to us, Why does our govt. go to such extent for coverups, Why does the Vatican have all the secrets, Why do all religions mock each other, Why are the unanswered questions about our own science looked down upon?????? it is very complicated, but in a nutshell we are going to find out soon.... If august 22 2009 occurs (financially corruption) then i will glad fulfill your answers!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

The only flaw here in your logic is that when you are counting backwards, from today, it doesn't matter where zero is, so long as you are not skipping digits along the way. The Mayans didn't write 2012, they wrote a differant number 13.0.0.0, but we have figured out how to calculate that in days, etc. We can then use basic math to count up from there based on known milestones against the mayan calendar (which I believe happened in the CE period, so the zero marker would be moot anyway).

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
There are so many opinions and predictions about what is going to happen in 2012.
May I recomend work of Cregg Braden (Books like "Fractal Time" and "Walking between the worlds" There is tonnes of information about Earth changes and more important there is sintifical proof that it is so and what most likely going to happen.
There are lots of Cregg Braden on Utube as well.

Also one of my favored books was "The Great Shift" by Lee Carroll.

Maybe you will find some answers there.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

Hi Trams,

The most credible source for everyone of course is the Mayan calendar. The Mayans predicted the Gods to arrive on a certain date and the Spaniards came and acted as Gods to the Indians of the Americas just as predicted.

Strangely enough the Mayan calendar supposedly was given to the Mayans by one person. Now how could one person give a civilization a calendar that is so perfect? This person would have to have been a time traveler to know that the Gods were coming on a specific date. Obviously that date was a warning date and the Indians didn't heed it very well, nor did they do well after that date.

Now we are looking at a different date, a date written down in "STONE" not paper, just like the rest of the Mayan calendar is written down in "STONE". When a civilization writes something in stone, then you can bet its very important and/or very exact. In this case it's both. The question is are we going to heed that next upcoming date (December 21, 2012) or are we going to be like the Mayans and not be prepared?

All of us are ignorant about what will happen in 2012, or if anything will happen in 2012, but we can surely bet that something spectacular will happen even though we don't know for sure what it will be.

Scientifically, our Solar System will be crossing the equator of the Galactic Plane. This means that our Galaxy is spinning in one direction like a giant frizby full of debris called asteroids, planets, moons, Suns, comets and similar celestial bodies. Our Solar System is like a very small frisby in comparison coming at the most dense part of the Galaxy at a completely different angle and at a different spin rate. What do you think might happen when we are close to the most dense part of the Galaxy that has a different spin rate and a different angle?

Scientifically our Sun is going to be at a solar maximum at that period of time also. Strange... I remember seeing something about the Earth's Ionosphere having a rather large gaping hole in it. I wonder what will happen then because of the rather large hole? If a comet or some other body would come close to the Sun at that period of time there could be a CME Coronal Mass Ejection from the Sun, which would cook one side of the Earth and decrease the amount of oxygen down to death rate possibly. That is very unlikely though, but it is a possibility.

Scientifically it has been proven that the Sun will get brighter and brighter until after we have passed through the Galactic Plane. Planets will seem brighter and brighter as well as artificial satelites orbiting the Earth. This is because the Sun is getting brighter and thereby making planets and satelites brighter. The Sun will get brighter and brighter only because there is more dust and larger particles in this particlular part of space.

Gravity should have its greatest pull during the crossing of the Center of the Galactic Plane, or we could feel a few extra waves.

Our Earth will not be destroyed, but it can be played with by the Galaxy at that particular point in time. Our Moon is small but extremely close and it is able to affect the Tides. What effects do you think the Galactic Plane will have?

As hurricanes come up from the southern hemisphere of the Earth off the African continent, it is noticed that hurricanes change direction of spin at the equator when heading into the northern hemisphere. The Earth doesn't weigh anything in space even though we think of it as being unbelievably heavy in our own minds. What do you think is going to happen when the Earth crosses a Galaxy Equator? Will the Earth stop and reverse its direction like a hurricane at the Galactic Equator?

The Earths "Chandler Wobble" will make its debut at that particular time also.

Many things are happening at that particular point in time. Why is the UN involved with building secret (DUMBs) deep underground bases all over the world? Why did congress just pass a law stating that the Military does not have to warn of incoming projectiles from outerspace?

What do you figure from all of the above? Do you really believe it will be just another day? Or.. is there just a little bit of doubt in your mind?

How many of you have read the Kolbrin Manuscripts? Much of the Bible came from the Kolbrin Manuscripts and the Sumerian Clay Tablets. The Kolbrin Manuscripts talk of fire and brimstone coming from the heavens.

Polar Ice has shown evidence of the Earth Passing through the Galactic Plane before by depositing lots of dust and metals.

There is too much evidence that something different could happen for people to be foolish enough to say that they believe nothing will happen in or around the 2012 era of time. The Earth won't be destroyed, but something unusual will more than likely take place, possibly Earth Changes or the largest earthquake(s) ever recorded by mankind.

I like the Mayan Calendar. It has been correct. It records our Earth making a complete trip around in our Solar System in 360 days completing the 360 degree run of a complete circle or loop and that is why it uses 360 days. It points out comets and other astronomical bodies at their predicted appearances. The Mayan Calendar is set up to be used in starting over again at the end of the 2012 year, but this will be the beginning of the new age. At the end of the other ages at this point in time on the Mayan Calendar bad events have occurred.

The Mayan Calendar has been extremely correct. I seriously doubt if there is a single mistake on that calendar, especially December 21, 2012.

If any of you know of a mistake on the Mayan Calendar, please point it out; scientists who have studied the calendar say it is the most accurate calendar to date.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
how are we "awakened"?
thats like asking how are we enlightened;
its a tough question to answer;
i guess being awakened or enlightened is like; losing the ego self;
and seeing things with an unclouded view, unlike most people who follow the social cultural norms no matter how screwed up it might be;
like people who follow the media and the government without even trying to think for themselves;

being awakened is like seeing clearly through all the lies and propaganda and even what we were raised to believe as children or in society (like the hip hop culture for example who thinks its cool to be evil, and even the christian church)

we have learned to live on a higher level of being, with highly evolved education, and social and moral beliefs

we have also learned to become our own leaders and savours;
and stopped being victims or giving our own power to an external source (for example government, religion, jesus, god, police);

i know all this spiritual stuff is real because i have seen the proof;
google Masaru Emoto: Messages from Water;
it shows how our emtions, thoughts and psychic energy effects our enviroment

as for 2012, Im not too sure that anything is going to happen;
a month or 2 ago was the mayan calendar's "5th day or 5th night" where our energies or the planets energy was supposed to raise in vibration; but when the day came; i didnt feel anything different;;

i did develop some psychic powers since last year (and its truely powerful);
so maybe thats what they were talking about...
higher frequencies and vibrations and higher consciousness.....

[edit on 12-8-2009 by DjSharperimage]

[edit on 12-8-2009 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
We are living today in the cusp of the Mayan end times, the end of a galactic day or time period spanning thousands of years. One galactic day of 25,625 years is divided into five cycles of 5,125 years.

The Great Cycle of the Mayan Long Count calendar ends on the winter solstice of 2012 A.D. Following Mayan concepts of cyclic time and World Age transitions, this is as much about beginnings as endings. In fact, it was considered by the ancient Mayans to signify the creation of a new World Age. We are almost at the end of the fifth and final 5,125 year cycle!
The Mayans had a very precise understanding of our solar system's cycles and believed that these cycles coincided with our spiritual and collective consciousness. The most significant of which has much to do with the 2012 prophecies. In the following writing, we will walk through the main details of their prophecies surrounding the 2012 transition. How the transition takes place (from an astronomical perspective), what it means for us, and when the cycles take place. We'll start with the basic prophecies and later move deeper into the explanation of the cycles.

The Mayans prophesied that from 1999 we have 13 years to realize the changes in our conscious attitude to stray from the path of self-destruction and instead move onto a path that opens our consciousness to integrate us with all that exists.

The Mayans knew that our Sun, or Kinich-Ahau, every so often synchronized with the enormous central galaxy. And from this central galaxy received a 'spark' of light which causes the Sun to shine more intensely producing what our scientists call 'solar flares' as well as changes in the Sun's magnetic field. The Mayans say that this happens every 5,125 years. But also that this causes a displacement in the earths rotation, and because of this movement great catastrophes would be produced.

The Mayans believed the universal processes, like the 'breathing' of the galaxy, are cycles that never change. What changes is the consciousness of man that passes through it. Always in a process toward more perfection. Based on their observations, the Mayans predicted that from the initial date of the start of their civilization, 4 Ahau, 8 Cumku which is 3113 B.C., after one cycle being completed 5,125 years in their future, December 21st, 2012. The Sun, having received a powerful ray of synchronizing light from the center of the galaxy, would change its polarity which would produce a great cosmic event that would propel human kind to be ready to cross into a new era, The Golden Age. It is after this, that the Mayans say we will be ready to go through the door that was left by them, transforming our civilization based on fear to a vibration much higher in harmony.

Only from our individual efforts could we avoid the path to great cataclysm that our planet will suffer to start a new era, the sixth cycle of the Sun.

www.adishakti.org...

So IMHO, it is the oldest story in the world, us vs. them, good vs. evil.

Years ago Mayas in Belize told me we were in for hard times, they seem right.

But what harm is here in hope in a new age of harmony to counter "THEM", be they the NWO, or whatever to you ?

What harm is here is good, higher vibes, and non-violent non co-operation with "their" evil plans for all of us, no matter how you call or relate to evil forces ?

Now, at the risk of not being totally harmonious toward just any old thing, what is with this Planet X thing ? This is the first I've heard of it.
It seems like snake oil salesmen getting in on the Maya, and Hopi's vibe, to belittle it.
Has that ever been done before?
Whose got what to gain from doing that ?
But, good vibes are good vibes, so if I am wrong about it just being a remake of the original version, for profit, somehow, please explain how to me.

What's so funny or wrong about peace, love, brotherhood and good vibes, anyway ?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What would you do if I told that Dec. 21, 2012 had no objective significance?
On the other hand, what would you do if I told that Dec. 21, 2012 had the potential for subjective significance?

My point being that if enough people want, or believe, 2012 to be significant then it will be regardless of objective conditions.

What will happen depends entirely on you.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
Minimum Bottom line: Atms drained of cash, food shelves cleaned out of grocery stores and warehouse clubs weeks in advance of Chirstmas. A terrible Christmas, children scared, adults scared, no one gets much sleep in 2012, the entire year. Sleeping pills sell like hot cakes, doctors treating people for manic depression. Ammunition sales soar. People buy practical Christmas gifts. Everything will be anti recession. People spending their money. House sales soar..... everyone wants stability? Walmart stock soars? What ever preparations happen at hurricane time will happen everywhere worldwide. Peace will emerge while nothing happens, chaos if something does.

By far the most accurate assesment yet. Kudos sir.

I personally enjoy the people that say the "world will end" followed by "you better get ready"

I just want to know how exactly do i get ready for the end of the world?

I personally would drink a bottle of gin while blasting Maggot Brain by eddie hazel on repeat. The nieghbors can go to hell, which I guess would happen rather soon.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Mayans, Incans, Hopi, Terrence McKenna's "Timewave Zero", the list of consistencies of SOMETHING happening in 2012 can't be just dismissed by these people, who have ALL been remarkable humans with uncanny abilities to figure out pieces to the cosmic puzzle.

On a personal note I can FEEL something occuring on some sort of unspoken, intuitive level, deep within, and all around me. Time, events, weather, behavior of people and even animals are things I am seeing strange occurances and shifts within and throughout. Does it mean something earth-shattering is on the way? Can't say for sure, but I definitely am, again, on an intuitive level, leaning towards something very DIFFERENT manifesting in the coming months and years. Exactly what it is I am still trying to figure out.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
hello OP. I guess I'm one that falls under your label of "welcome the end of the world". I'm not sick of life though, i just dont really care anymore what happens. 2012 is as good a doomsday as any to me.
I love to read the stuff on forums like this one, to see how far people push their imagination and express whatever strange patterns they see in the world around them. I think, personally, that 2012 is akin to y2k, in the sense that fear generated was by the media, and the recent popularity of the internet as a source of information greatly contributed to this fear being spread far and wide. this fear grew out of reports of some obscure date reference in what was then a very isolated subsection of society - computer enthusiasts - who happened to be the pioneers of the world wide web, and so - again at the time - had more influence over what was popular in the internet at the time - mainly, computer/tech news and trivia, particularly the quirky. and y2k was quirky at the beginning, before the fear took over the general population.
the 2012 mythology has been of a similar nature, but many times more intense, and widespread, i think because of the nature of our human world. and interestingly enough, it's also based on an obscure date reference in what is an older, highly mathematical society of our past. quirky coincidence? or another example of synchronicity? who knows!

and humans love nothing more than self-fulfilling prophecies, dont we?

so who knows if anything will happen in 2012, but i welcome whatever doom, evolution, assencion, abuduction, or other reality changing event comes our way, from where ever it comes from.
as far as meditation, for me, it helps me stay calm, relaxed, and focused during my day to day activities. i havent particularly felt drawn to exploring other dimensions or frequencies or states of consciousness or any of the other abilities i've seen people describe from meditation.
i do agree it's powerful stuff though.

cheers!

[edit on 2009/8/13 by simpleharmonics]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
What has ME convinced of 2012? The highly respected physicist Michio Kaku was on Fox News a while back and talked about how worried he was of 2012. When THIS guy gets worried, it's the canary in the coalmine for me.

Michio Kaku on 2012

[edit on 13-8-2009 by amongus]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958
I have been thinking about this alot lately. First let me say that I do believe that something is happening, something is changing, something is different.

About a year and a half ago, I was driving in my car and suddenly had a profound thought come into my head. I suddenly KNEW without a doubt that everything is one and connected. Duality is an illusion. This experience started everything for me.

I then had an uncontrollable urge to learn the truth about everything. I bought books, I searched the net looking for the truth. I felt led to certain books. I felt led to this site. It seems that everytime I have a question about something, the answer is put right in my lap. It has been the best year and a half of my 51 years.

At the same time, I also wonder if I have gone off my rocker. I never use to think about the things I think about now. I also used to be stressed out all the time. I am much calmer now.

There are too many things happening at the same time now, like no other time in history. It just seems like everything is coming together. It seems planned and I don't mean planned by the PTB. I think it is planned by something MUCH bigger than that. TPTB are just players.

I try to keep my head in the real world to some degree. If nothing happens in the next 3 1/2 years, then I want to be able to laugh at myself and look at it as a very strange part of my life.

ooo man..very well explained..nice post

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Think about it. Many people have fallen on hard times economically. Of course many would accept the fact of the world entering its final stage of existence, when the future looks so bleak for 90 percent of us.

for me...you hit the bull right away...this is all folks..without money u get hurt..and there are many people hurting right now in the hwole planet...

all your posts are making sense to me..you are worthy of being added as a friend

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

2012 is a beacon in our mythology, because it's a signal for us to prepare in love...

until now everything we decided or chose was based on faith.
Atheism disprooves itself finally, because they act the same as religion.
Observation is their game, the same for science.

The smalles thing we can find in our universe it the only thing humans could know.
Believes. We believe. An atom is a believe, by majority.

Believes are only possible by connection.
Life is One. Love is becoming One. Love grows by honesty. Honesty transforms anger into understanding, this is justification and is love.

God is One, message of every religion, but misunderstood.

thegospeloflove.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join