It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi was not lying about the swastika remark

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

The symbol, that has the circle slash in it, means NO Nazis, not NAZIS. YES, the professional prevaricator was lying. Its all she knows how to do. She is incapable of telling the truth. It's not her fault. Give her a break. And she was born looking like that, so don't be calling her on that. It's not her fault. In fact, as a communist, NOTHING is her fault!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Alex, not allowing the protesters their credit...?

I don't care if you disagree with this, but name calling and screaming is for little children.

Death threats are illegal.

And painting swastikas is plain silly.

If you want to be against it, be against it, yet don't go to the extremes of what some people do...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Let's assume for the time that your figure is accurate. 70%. Hey, I'm one of those. But is this the 'reform' we want or need? Government has shown throughout history, that is barely functions on providing services. I guarantee you that those 70% do not want a USSR type health care. I think most would agree that we need to deal with the criminals in the insurance biz that are doing these things, not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Use your head! Fix the cause of the problem, don't simply change the type of problem. If you want to FIX the problems, you can NOT do that by giving the problem to a bunch of incompetent idiots. Read your HISTORY books. Your comrades are those who cannot read, so perhaps you would consider reading to them?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Everybody has a right to protest.

The biggest difference between this administration and the last is the previous administration welcomed it as a God given American right!
Now the the current administration wants you to "tattle-tale" on your neighbor.
So YOU tell me, who is being childish here?

Like I said before, there is no way to prove that swastika was painted by the protestors.
This country is going to hell and judging by what ACORN is capable of doing, I wouldn't be surprised if they want to speed things up with their usual provocation.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
No, she didn't.

She said they were carrying swastikas to town hall meetings.
She did not reference Nazi's or anything like that.

This validates her. I'm not asking ATS to like her now, or believe in her now, but guess what?

She's not lying about the swastika.

Mak

I do not think I have ever seen a clearer case of complete BS on ATS ever. You should be ashamed of yourself. TRULY Ashamed.

I assume you are halfway intelligent and if that is the case you are defending someone who blatantly twisted the truth for political shock value just because you are politcially aligned.

That's what robots do. Is that what you are? A political robot?

You hide behind a "literal meaning". I can't tell you how angry this makes me. I can deal with political ideological differences, I can deal with ignorance, but outright deceit is where I draw the line. You must have mortal enemies in your life, especially of this is how you carry on, hold conversations and debates.

You cannot justify your comments, you cannot justify "apple is an apple" here.

Your comments make me actually SICK, that you would continue to defend this distorted usage of the truth.

"She's not lying about the swastika."
really? She's not huh? The lack of a mention of a universal known symbol overlaid is not worth mentioning? There's wiggle room in that huh?

Omission is one of the major forms of lying.

it's unblievable how far you are going with this, it's like a child saying "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you" with their finger hovering a centimeter off someone.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

Not from how I'm interpreting it.

I'm thinking the lady meant that Obama's administration is fascist and "Nazi-like" and the reason why it's crossed out is that she wants him remove.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

That's rich. So, I'm a robot because I'm defending the woman on what she said?

It's nothing new, Gormly.

People bring such loaded signs and messages, and they're considered patriots and heroes.

Though, Pelosi, plus the rest of the democrats and those who want health care reform, they're bad, correct?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

So pelosi plays the stupidity card over and over and you eat it up. How long untill you get disgusted with those in power not seeing the obvious?

Its sad how you defend her but make no resonable aknowledgements of your own. You are truly the problem and not the solution.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

That's not what President Obama is doing.

He said that if you see an e-mail or something that looks "fishy," like an e-mail talking about death panels, he'd said e-mail it and he'd discuss why it's wrong.

Do you honestly believe he's setting up a list of "people he wants watched because they're against health care?"

Do you honestly believe that?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Let me get this straight... some of you are in favor of swastikas at American political events and think that it is some sort of relevant political point or message.

This country has lost it's mind.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Who's deceiving? She saw a swastika at a town hall meeting? Is she lying?

Yes she lied and with malice. Because she did not see a swastika what she saw was an ANTI-swastika. Just like a P circled in red with a diagonal slash does not mean parking it means NO PARKING..

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Once again, I believe that the woman meant that Obama's administration is fascist, and the reason why it's crossed out is that she wants him removed from office.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I have made reasonable arguments.

I just don't want people slamming others, on either side, Republicans or Democrats, conservatives or liberals, by what they say when the story wasn't even verified yet.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Also, for everyone, a new image has been posted up of a swastika at a town hall meeting:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Also, for everyone, a new image has been posted up of a swastika at a town hall meeting:

I get it!!!

The OP just doesn't like opinions different than his own.

This WHOLE thread makes sense now.

Vas

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Not at all, Vas.

I don't mind if you are against health care reform, but if you are, don't bring a message that says:

"President Obama is Hitler reincarnated and wants America to be reviewed under his death panels!"

If you're going to be against it, bring a legitimate argument.

Not a big sign and start screaming.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Once again, I believe that the woman meant that Obama's administration is fascist, and the reason why it's crossed out is that she wants him removed from office.

Sorry I thought that is what I said. That the sign is no more a Swatika than a P with a slash is a parking sign. The slash mean NO. Calling the person carrying the sign a Nazi or Neo-Nazi is a down right lie, and very insulting.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

But Pelosi didn't call the people Nazi's in her comments, Crim.

Where did she say that?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You say she said people were "carrying swastikas" to town hall meetings, and you alluded to the picture you posted as fact.

The interview where Pelosi says this originally aired August 5th and the picture you claim originates from a Fort Collins town hall.. as far as I can tell, the Fort Collins Town Hall was on August 11th.

Six days after the "astro-turf" "swastikas" remark.

cbs4denver.com...

So, you managed to find a swastika with a line through it, 6 days after the fact and you're somehow using this as "proof" that Pelosi is "clean", or something.

What is the point of this thread?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Find me a picture of a town hall with skinheads and leather jackets, with swastikas chiseled into their foreheads.

Then we'll talk, and maybe then I'll give a crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join