It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ASTRALPEDIA [ a guide the the astral, and how to get there ]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by phi1618

yeah comin' back was easy. I got to the edge of the solar system both times. seemed to take like a second...definately my perception of it was that it was faster than light.
thanks for the info.

You should definitely try again, let us all know what you see on the planets
maybe verify or condemn some conspiracy theories on here .

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have another question.
Once you are projecting do you "forget" that you have a physical body?
Do you dissociate yourself completely from this realm?
Because I feel that my big difficulty is to forget about this realm and fully enter into the other realm.

It's like I'm "overly aware" (if there is such thing), which makes the experience less real?

What d you have to say?

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Normally thats what separates and astral projection from a lucid dream or normal dream. I guess the simple answer would be yes if you are projecting you are still somewhat aware of your body. There have been occasions when i lost feeling to the body and was fully astral, but normally in the beginning you have full feeling.

If you have trouble separating the two for the initial release, try inducing sleep paralysis, maybe it will help you.

good luck
i hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Realizing your dreaming, then being able to consciously move about, i would classify as lucid dreaming. I've projected once so far and it only took me a couple months from my initial attempt. Fear and/or too much anticipation/excitement will hinder your progress. You have to be in the "silent observer" state before you can 'get-up'. Light as a feather, stiff as a board. That is, when your body is 'asleep' and doesn't want to move-stiff. When you feel buzzing, vibrations, tingling then your on the right track and don't freak-out( very important). Feelings of expansion/contraction and motion are normal. So is falling asleep. Beware not to play off your thoughts because that's how the dream cycle begins. Visualization is good for that. Meditation and Practice.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Its also important to get used to the feelings associated with projection so you do not feak out and ruin it.

Spend some tome just getting used to the feelings before actually projecting.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevedel0
Great posts. The astral realms are probably not only the most interesting and complicated experiences humans can have, but also the most repressed in todays society.

sad but true, many people today only believe in what they can measure.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Thank you for this! I was just talking to a friend today about how to achieve this. She is very spiritual herself and knows more about this anyone I personally know. .I told her I felt like it was happening as I was getting to sleep. It doesnt last long at all, I usually wake right up. I told her I didnt know how to do it at will and wanted to know and your thread is exactly what I was looking for. S&F!!

hehe perhaps it was destiny for you to read this thread then, hope you have luck in your astral journeys

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

The last time it happened to me (I still haven't gotten willfull projection down) I did it as I was about to reenter my body to awaken. I recognized the pulsing and high-pitched humming and became lucid as a result. I told myself I knew what was happening and got back up astrally (what the heck, right?). I was aware of my physical body but I had no body in the projection. I was chasing the cat around and when I called her name I could hear my body saying it at the same time (garbled from partial paralysis). First she saw me floating about seven feet off the floor and walked away, then I was about three inches from the floor following her toward her food dish.

I returned once to my room to look at myself and suddendly I did have a hand as I reached toward my bedsheets. I grabbed hold of the corner by my head and shook it a bit back and forth. The freaky part here was that I heard the sheets moving with my ears and felt the movement! It didn't scare me because I knew I was doing it.

I was also having trouble maintaining vision. Little bits were blotted out here and there and is was flickering in time with the vibrations I was feeling.

Next step that I've been working on: Get the freakin' willful projection down!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Hi!

In your descriptions of astral do you realize that the accounting of time is very similar to being high on mushrooms and other drugs?

Im not saying you are on drugs or these accounts are effects from drug usage.

Please don't get me wrong. I am not trying to call into question anything.

I am just saying the experiences you mentioned are very similar.

Are you aware of this? And what do you think about that?

Thanks for the info, and very interesting...

Great videos too btw!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
yes, it is similar to hallucinagens, which shows you the power of the mind.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Very appealing
I will be staying tuned for more info

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I think I will share my experiences too

I first heard about OBE when I was a teenagers I was reading my usual paranormal zine and there was an method in it to go in astral, I tried it but it did not work...

less than 10 years later I started to had strange dreams, at the end of my dreams I the feelings to lift myself up in the air and suddenly being aspired in a little black hole.

Those dreams stopped but weeks later something very strange happened to me, I was in my bed sleeping when I felt like wake up but not really and I had the feeling of flying, no way I said to myself and then I opened my eyes.
It happened to me a second time and this time I went to know I were flying or not, so with my finger I try to touch the bed... there I realised I were flying for real, it was for very few seconds.

It was a part of my life that was full of stress, i meet a girl I really had feelings for her but it wasn't a simple love story at all but that is not your business

After those event I speak to her about this as she is curious about paranormal, she borrowed me a book about EBO and they were speaking about some person being a generator that could give power to leave your body at will, I think she were my generator as It started when I meet her and I had a lot of OBE while sleeping with her or at least in the same house.
It also seems that it happens the next day of being drunk, I have a lot of stress and anxiety, when I fell like this and lye on a bed it's almost like my mind went to go out of this hell of body to get some calm and being relax, it is true that after an OBE I feel myself of a big tranquillity and even more relax while I'm "flying", like everyone is beautiful everyone is nice everyone is happy, the perfect nirvana in other words.

When I'm out of this body my mind is hanging out in the rooms but I've never been able to control it, eventually I can make it change direction but most part of the time if I try to move my mind I try to move it like If I was in my body and then I wake up, I've seen my body 2 times, it was cool lol, and one time I've seen me in a mirror, i just remember seeing my head with eyes only, no mouth no nose and then I made a u turn flying low to the bed and reach my body.

The most beautiful experience I had is when I see the rising sun from... space.
I had the same feeling that when I get out of my body but far more powerful, I felt being lifted at a terrible speed, in not even 2second I was above the earth in space watch the rising sun, I can tell that I have never seen such a beautiful shows in my life, that was so amazing, it wasn't so long but when I opened my eyes I was like "wow what the hell, did I just seen the sun from space?"

Now I'm not any more with this girl and OBE doesn't happen any more, a bad thing you'll me but at least I don't have to support her and his behaviour, a real demons believe me!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really Have a technique as it happen when it happen, but It seems like anxiety+stress+the need of sleep is a good factor for me to go astral and I also need a "dangerous" generator which I'm hopefully not ready to get back.
But to get back in my body I try to connect it by trying to move my arms or legs and then I can open the eyes.

reply to post by heyo

As I said before I also hanging out in space for few seconds but it seems your travels was more incredible than mine seeing a rising sun from upper than the atmosphere was already amazing but seeing the whole solar system must incredible, I just hope I'll get there again I spend more time to see that

[edit on 8/9/09 by ufopunx]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Ok, I'm just post-last-attempt so I'll give a run-down while it is fresh in my mind.

Something I found was a real issue with not wanting to initially experience my body in the 3rd person. I don't really feel a great fear but rather some excessive attachment to the body. Perhaps I am equating that with death and perhaps in the most common experience it is death. It seems a bit silly right now especially since I had a recent involuntary experience and did OBE quite often as a child, but still more or less out of my control.

It almost seems as silly as being unwilling to get out of your car because you think it's you.

I am having what feels like memories of being wheeled around on a stretcher, unable to move or communicate while hearing voices around me.

I feel like my awareness starts to move slightly in front of my face and awarness starts to diminish from the body itself as if I were forming a bubble that is about to break off and float free.

Do you have any suggestions on this one other than to just confront the issue when it arises?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Thanks! i'll check this out when i get more time, looks like a great post so far

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I ask that people please read this post and respond to it, advice would be really great.

I have just tried meditating and using these methods for the first time. I focused on my chakras opening starting from the root and working towards middle. This was actually suprisingly easy i found. I had about 5 tingling sensations each time i focused enough and visualised them opening. When i got to around the solar plexus area it became harder, and i was having a hard time at the chakra in the head(not sure the name) and the crown chakra. I still felt energy and started to use the sinking method. I felt very heavy and almost fell asleep. While continuing to do this i felt like i was both moving in a direction and falling, it was strange. I then snapped out of it, because i really was about to fall asleep.

This whole time was about a half hour, and it was my first time meditating. I am really intrigued now that i have realised my potential and i would like to thank the OP for letting me know how easy this is. I always have been very spiritual but never actually gave astral projecting a shot, and i bet once i get better at it i will be able to do it. I think i will be meditating a lot more now.

I found focusing on the Atma, the soul, the eternal self to help as well. THank you once again for making me realise the potential. I want to try to use maybe a different technique next time i try this, because i felt like if i continued for a little longer i definitely would have fallen asleep. Like you said is this simply because i am inexperienced?

also its about 20 minutes after i did this and i feel like i just woke up from a very deep sleep. My body and mind is very tired. Drowsy would be a good word. And i was wide awake before i tried this.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by deloneninja]

[edit on 9-8-2009 by deloneninja]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Just wanted to thank you for all the info. Great post!

star and flagged

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
There are not five but seven planes of consciousness. Each plane expresses the quality of one of the seven Sephiroth of Construction of the Tree of Life (Otz Chiim). These seven planes, each divided into seven levels, are but the lowest (most material) of seven cosmic planes of consciousness. Each of the six superphysical cosmic planes are divided into seven levels. This means that the spectrum of consciousness spans (49+42=91) levels. The lowest seven levels constitute physical reality - the "space-time continuum" known to physicists. The Cosmic Tree of Life is the geometrical map of these 91 levels. It consists of 91 overlapping Trees of Life, each Tree mapping a subplane of consciousness, where
91 = 1^2 + 2^2+ 3^2 + 4^2 + 5^2 + 6^2.
They have 550 Sephiroth, where
550 = 10x55 = 10x(1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10).
55 is the tenth Fibonacci number. The number of points, lines & triangles in the Cosmic Tree of Life is 3108, where
3108 = 1^4 + 3^4 + 5^4 + 7^4.
Such beautiful, yet simple symmetry, is an illustration of the amazing properties of the Cosmic Tree of Life and demonstrates how its design conforms to the mathematical perfection of the Mind of God.

If you wish to study how the Cosmic Tree of Life as a map of ALL levels of consciousness is encoded in a single Tree of Life, in the Hindu Sri Yantra, in the five Platonic solids and in the polyhedral form of the Tree of Life, read:
smphillips.8m.com...
At
smphillips.8m.com...
you will find many research articles that demonstrate the existence (albeit in different formats) of a universal mathematical representation of all levels of reality. Encoded in all of them is the structure and dynamics of superstrings because this basic unit of physical matter contains the very signature of God. These articles reveal the mathematical nature of that signature.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have been having Astral projections for long time, as of late I seem to nolonger have astral projections that I am aware of.
I have noticed that some seem to elaborate, on their astral experience and want to one up someone else, it would seem their egos were still involved.
I will say I do not lie, or elaborate, the reason being I do not want to clog my mind with such, plus there is no need.
There is one exception being my wife who is stuck on the physical plane, when she ask me if I had emptied the dishwasher, which I have many times and in my minds eye I can see it is emptied.

Now days I can go full Lucid very easyly, I will be lucid but not full dream control, munipulation.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

I have real that there are also three lower levels with I believe three lower chakras below the root chakra,but these would be the lesser planes, those working in those would be, way on wrong path, or by mistaken pratice fallen in to this state, Black Tantric.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
There are not five but seven planes of consciousness.

i dont know if you are correcting me or not, but i said 5 tingling sensations because i was having a hard time getting the other 2, not because i thought there were 5. But very interesting post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join