It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atmospheric Beasts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Atmospherice Beasts

Atmospheric beasts are the strangest of the flying monsters from cryptozoology. According to eyewitness reports, they are things that seem like living creatures, but they break all the usual rules that we apply to living things. They fly without the need for wings and their bodies are only semi-solid, often partially invisible to boot. Many atmospheric beast sightings were originally classified as really unusual UFO reports (in the sense of UFOs being defined as supposed alien spacecraft or machines of some other sort, not in the technical sense of being unidentified flying objects). Noted Bigfoot author Ivan T. Sanderson devoted an entire book to the theory that many UFOs are actually extremely low density animals native to the clouds. One of the most famous atmospheric beasts is the Crawfordsville Monster, sighted in Indiana in 1891, which some researchers classify as a dragon.
For those who believe, atmospheric beasts are very fragile and lightweight creatures who are either native to Earth or are aliens that came from elsewhere. If the latter view is taken, then atmospheric beasts are sometimes thought to have originated in the atmosphere of some other planet, but they can also be thought of as originating in interstellar gas clouds so that they are, in effect, aliens without a native planet, able to "swim" through space. Believers generally consider atmospheric beasts to be non-intelligent, so that even if these creatures did originate somewhere other than earth, they still don't count as sentient extraterrestrials. They're just animals.

In various eyewitness accounts, atmospheric beasts can change their density, becoming smaller, harder masses that are usually metallic in color, or they can become larger and cloudlike, even to the point of invisibility. In some reports, they may glow. Atmospheric beasts may roughly resemble whales and are sometimes called air whales or cloud beasts. Believers think that the atmospheric beasts' normal habitat is high in the air, and they might die if they ever touch the ground. Atmospheric beasts that resemble clouds may engage in behavior that is thought to be impossible for a real cloud, such as squirting a stream of horizontal water at people through "lips" or being far too mobile and animate for witnesses to believe it was just a patch of fog. The more solid kinds of atmospheric beasts may have mouths, eyes, flippers and other features, but these body parts are generally arranged and shaped in a fashion that looks utterly alien, more like an ocean invertebrate's body plan than any animal we are used to seeing on a daily basis.

It is said that when atmospheric beasts die, they fall to earth as a gelatinous mass that may resemble a green, purple, gray or iridescent jelly that evaporates into nothing within minutes, hours, or, at the longest, a few days. This is supposed to explain a type of anomalous event, pwdre ser, that puzzled scientists for some time before they decided that pwdre ser did not exist. Pwdre ser is Welsh for "rot from the stars." This phenomena is also known as gelatinous meteorites or star jelly, and reports of it come from around the world, not just from Wales. Gelatinous meteorites are not always connected with the atmospheric beast theory; they are actually easier to find among collections of Forteana that include reports of many different odd things falling from the sky.

Lately there have been many sightings of jelly like blobs all over the world. There have been some to also wash up from the ocean. Is this what it could be?

Could it be that there are jelly fish and squids in the sky? I read a fictional book not to long ago that came up with a concept like this. It was called Airborne. It had electric air squids that prudice a floating gas alot like helium so they stay afloat. There where also air jelly fish. Could that explain ufos as floating animals?

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Phlynx]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
A blob recently found in the Artic, it is said to be an oild spill, but let me ask you, does this look like oil?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

In a way it does look like oil. Especially if it has been discharged from a boat or crafts engine. (Why I mention that is because it would remove the rainbow effect and replace it with a dirty thick texture). We don't know how long it had been floating in the ocean, but it certainly looks as though it has collected a large dirt and/or grime.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Actually that was a form of algae, not oil or a "beast blob"...

Samples were rushed to a lab in Anchorage which quickly determined that the blob was actually just a simple plant, or algae.

"Filamentous algae" to be exact, according to University of Alaska Fairbanks marine science expert Terry Whitledge. “It means it’s just stringy,” Whitledge told the Anchorage Daily News.

www.earthweek.com...

As far as the atmospheric beast's go, sure it is possible, that theory has been put forth before for UFOs, although it may account for less than 5% of the sightings it is certainty possible, more than likely these creature would develop on gas giant worlds(like Jupiter) however, rather than terrestrial worlds like Earth. Although I would like to see some solid evidence of these creatures before jumping to any conclusions.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 8/7/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
In My Favorite FPS Game named Crysis, the aliens are some sort of Atmospheric Beast With Advanced Technology since their locomotion are just like Atmospheric Beast except they are mechanical (when encountered Outside their Spaceship)

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
In My Favorite FPS Game named Crysis, the aliens are some sort of Atmospheric Beast With Advanced Technology since their locomotion are just like Atmospheric Beast except they are mechanical (when encountered Outside their Spaceship)

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

A blob recently found in the Artic, it is said to be an oild spill, but let me ask you, does this look like oil?

It looks more like the lake ooze in Creepshow 2.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

yes it does look like oil

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Not only do they exist is the air but in water and in the earth. They dwell on the surface as well, generally anchoring themselves to trees, bushes and the outside of buildings. Furthermore, they will attach themselves to motor vehicles, trains and boats in order to move around the nation and the world. They are universal beings and are present throughout the Cosmos. They are capable of living within Stars without harm or discomfort. This photo was taken in my front yard three years ago on the last friday of November. They arrived via flying saucer that landed two miles from my house in areas i designated for them. I know how crazy it sounds.....that is why i took pictures. Feel free to disregard but it is true.

[edit on 023030p://am3004 by debris765nju]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Then please post more of these 'pictures', and preferably some where you can actually see these beings and not just cigaret smoke.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
As soon as I heard the phrase "Atmospheric Beasts" I thought of this thread, a recent one that left me scratching my head a bit.

Focus on the content/videos, please as it pertains to my post here.

Giant UFO's / Ovnis Gigantes, Sep/16/2009 Daytime, Part 1/2[Giant UFO's / Ovnis Gigantes, Sep/16/2

The floating, stringy blobs of, what looks like, molten plasma or something (IDK) when viewed by that techique.

Is there a tie-in to this topic? I wish I knew how to embed YouTube vids and just put a vid from the other thread here. It's just what the title struck me with.

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Im certain that Ive seen an Atmospheric Beast before.
A while ago it was lunch break at school, some friends and myself were lying down on the field. They were lying on their stomachs while i was lying on my back - just looking up into the deep blue yonder. There wasn't a cloud in the sky except one, i was watching it and it was just cruising through the sky. It really looked like a Whale; had what looked like petrol flippers, and a tail. It was even moved like a Whale swimming through the Ocean. I had no idea why this singular cloud would have such a similarity to a living creature on that level.
It was until i became interested in Cryptozoology and started looking around different sites that i came upon the term "Atmospheric Beasts". I instantly remembered back to that 'cloud' after i read through the page.
BUT, it could of just been a weird cloud

edit on 9/13/2011 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Its crude oil, not the stuff most people are familiar with from oil cans.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I remember from reading many older paranormal books (from the 1970s) depicting events in human history where goo would rain from the sky. Apparently the stuff would land in clumps and then dissipate in under a day or even hours. I think they called it "angel web" or something like that, and it occured all over the world.

Also I personally believe in the presense of low-density creatures that could be floating in the atmosphere. In all of the time that Earth's organisms have had to evolve, why should we believe that we are only limited to water, land and air? I believe that there must have been some other organisms with the will to explore beyond this planet, and they didn't need spaceships like us.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
some think that these "blobs" could be the remains of these creatures. the idea of UFO's being of a biological nature is very interesting

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Spring super moon 2011 we were taking some pictures and got a few weird things. The best one I'll try to upload to here... sigh, love/ hate computers. It is definitely a UFO, at least until some one can id it.

we will see

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by iamthatiam

Yeah... that looks like a lense flare

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Last November 18th, 2011 I had an 'atmospheric beast' sighting above my home. I walked out my backdoor which faces east toward Riverside, CA about 1.5 miles high, 3 to 6 miles away was a jellyfish hovering in the air. It was early evening, still light outside. No clouds. A clear unobstructed view for almost 10 minutes. Without anything in the air next to it to use as a reference, I estimated it to be overall about the size of the LA Coliseum. It was translucent with an orange and pink glow. It had 5 or 6 Octopus type, grey tentacles under it that were wildly and erratically kicking the entire time. It seemed to be necessary for both lift and stability. I do refer to it as a UFO, but it was absolutely a living being. I pulled my neighbor from her apartment to witness it since I had no camera handy and I'm so glad that I did. Because it's one thing to tell people you saw a flying metal disk. It's quite another to say you seen a giant flying Jellyfish. I did report this sighting to Mufon. It was absolutely incredible and phenomenal... and it was very real.
I have found a few videos and pics online. And have found related info under the subjects 'atmospheric beasts' and 'air kraken'. Also by searching using these terms and combinations of these terms... jellyfish ufo, jellyfish ovni, air jelly fish, flying jellyfish, biological ufo. etc....

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Looks just like crude oil, we are used to seeing it down here in Louisiana!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I remember from reading many older paranormal books (from the 1970s) depicting events in human history where goo would rain from the sky. Apparently the stuff would land in clumps and then dissipate in under a day or even hours. I think they called it "angel web" or something like that, and it occured all over the world.

Also I personally believe in the presense of low-density creatures that could be floating in the atmosphere. In all of the time that Earth's organisms have had to evolve, why should we believe that we are only limited to water, land and air? I believe that there must have been some other organisms with the will to explore beyond this planet, and they didn't need spaceships like us.

I remember that.

There was also a guy back in the 70's who pointed out that these sky-fish (not the so-called rods, but a type of very large atmospheric-jellyfish) were linked to the cattle mutilations at skinwalker ranch. (there was a tv special about that, if I remember correctly) Supposely he took a picture of one using an infra-red camera. I guess we (I mean me) could get a full spectrum camera and just take pictures of the sky to see if one exists.

Could these Sky-fish cause people to think they are seeing portals in the sky? I mean to say that if the light hit one just right it might look like a portal to a person not knowing that such a beast could exists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join