It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds at DefCon Alarmed After RFIDs Scanned

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAftermath

Knowing what I've read about this conference I think there may be a good chance that bill may be going to the govt, but those guys probably work for a small computer repair shop and still live in their moms house...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Latest news: UK national ID card cloned in 12 minutes

www.computerweekly.com...

Using a Nokia mobile phone and a laptop computer, Laurie was able to copy the data on a card that is being issued to foreign nationals in minutes.

He then created a cloned card, and with help from another technology expert, changed all the data on the new card. This included the physical details of the bearer, name, fingerprints and other information.

As I said security is just an illusion

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

I have dwarf rabbits. I go out into the forest and pick whatever I can there for all of us. I go to the fields nearby and pick red clover and nettles and whatever else for them too. At the moment, I have a fair amount of plant stuff drying to get them through the winter. They are much more content and eat less of this than they did the manufactured feeds. Also, their waste doesn't smell and I use it to fertilize my houseplants. I get houseplants from various people who seem not to be able to grow them. Or, in one recent case, I was training a friend's dog while she was on vacation for a month. I never walked in that direction with the dog because it took us past a building where people work and can see us. There was a skip (or dumpster) outside it and there, in the scorching sun, was a badly hacked up Ficus. I saw a single leaf of it, did a double-take as I walked past, picked it up and continued on with our walk - the dog, the Ficus, and me. lol There's a lot of free stuff out there. You don't need to buy new. Old is often better. It gives you something to do too, while you're *not* watching tv.

Keep in touch by U2U. I'll send you whatever info you like as the autumn goes on. We have a God-given right up here where I live that we're allowed to pick whatever we need from Nature as long as we're not selling it on. It's literally called "Every man's right" - "man" being "human", of course.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I am envious of your freedom and will enjoy reading the U2U's sent back and forth. Where did you learn so much about what to feed your rabbits in relation to natural food versus pet food? You will probably be one of the people that others turn to if/when technology and the gov collapses onto itself.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
Latest news: UK national ID card cloned in 12 minutes

www.computerweekly.com...

Using a Nokia mobile phone and a laptop computer, Laurie was able to copy the data on a card that is being issued to foreign nationals in minutes.

He then created a cloned card, and with help from another technology expert, changed all the data on the new card. This included the physical details of the bearer, name, fingerprints and other information.

As I said security is just an illusion

You are dead-on. Security is just an illusion... Sounds like I have a new quote for my signature line! I will make sure I quote you accordingly.

I sure hope none of the clients that I work for on the side see that security is just an illusion as it will be much harder for me to justify my rates for advising how they should secure their networks. While many of them are still amazed that I can remote into their computers from my smartphone, I see why those that really understand security realize it is just a speed bump for hackers. We try to slow them down and make it not worth their while to spend the time to hack into the system or network.

What makes those Visa and Mastercards able to be "swipped" at various stores during check-outs? Is that an RFID chip that the scanner reads? Thank God I don't have one of those..... I think they are called easy swipe?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

I think they are called no-swipe cards, and were hacked many years ago

Source: www.nytimes.com...

But I agree, its good to secure a network/PC/server etc as much as possible, even if you know that its a matter of time before something gets in. One should put locks on their door, it keeps small thieves and kids out....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join