It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont tread on Me - Flags

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have been noticing a lot of yellow "Dont Tread on Me" snake flags flying lately. I think I will replace the Upside down Flag we kill people under and start flying the Gadsden instead. I pledge allegance to be faithful to the cause of freedom and civil liberties to the flag of the American People, The Gadsden Flag of Liberty.
signed
Born Patriot, effective retro-actively July 4, 2009.

and since America means "Land of Snakes", makes it appropriate, if I remember correctly...
thm-a02.yimg.com...

[edit on 5-8-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Can you get a link or pic to the gadsen flag? What is the history of it? Is it associated with a political party? Sorry for all the questions but, I'm just wondering if you know the answers. I've read both inflammatory and positive theories about this flag. I believe its the one Glenn Beck was using on his 9/12 doohickeymabob movement.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I wasnt planning on giving a history lesson here... so let google teach you ok...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

That's ok. If you start flying a gadsen flag, you might want to know what it represents to other people. It could be sending a message you'd rather not be associated with without your awareness. Thats all. I'm good with the stars & stripes. But I like the motto "Don't Tread On Me"...it makes a bold, definitive statement.

P.S. I've always been drawn to your threads BornPatriot because you present some relevant topics. I starred and flagged your determination to remain free. Thanks for the post.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Franklin published an essay in the Pennsylvania Journal under the pseudonym American Guesser in which he suggested that the rattlesnake was a good symbol for the American spirit:

I recollected that her eye excelled in brightness, that of any other animal, and that she has no eye-lids—She may therefore be esteemed an emblem of vigilance.—She never begins an attack, nor, when once engaged, ever surrenders: She is therefore an emblem of magnanimity and true courage.—As if anxious to prevent all pretensions of quarreling with her, the weapons with which nature has furnished her, she conceals in the roof of her mouth, so that, to those who are unacquainted with her, she appears to be a most defenseless animal; and even when those weapons are shewn and extended for her defense, they appear weak and contemptible; but their wounds however small, are decisive and fatal:—Conscious of this, she never wounds till she has generously given notice, even to her enemy, and cautioned him against the danger of treading on her.—Was I wrong, Sir, in thinking this a strong picture of the temper and conduct of America?

From the wiki link that warrenb provided!

I never heard a rattlesnake sound so righteous and elegant!!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

This flag was most notably used during the Tea Party protests of 2009. [3]

This current use of the flag has caught the government's attention. A 2009 unclassified report distributed by the Missouri Information Analysis Center (MIAC) to Missouri law enforcement linked the Gadsden Flag to some militia organizations.[4] Reports from Louisiana say that a man was detained by police for driving with a "Don't Tread on Me" bumper sticker on his vehicle.[5]

Displaying the flag on one's home, vehicle, etc. is protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

More interesting stuff from the wiki link!!

I like the fact that the "current use of the flag has caught the government's attention." GOOD!

CX

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread, and thanks for the info on it's origins, which are all new to me.

Until this thread i was under the impression it was a logo used by survivalists. Thats what a lot of people on survival boards have talked about in the past, including the survival section of ATS.

Edited to say, if it is used for survivalists and the preparedness planners amongst us, theres not a chance in hell i'd fly one.

CX.

[edit on 5/8/09 by CX]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Edited to say, if it is used for survivalists and the preparedness planners amongst us, theres not a chance in hell i'd fly one.

Why Not?

Honest question, because I was thinking of flying one, and I am a survivalist. I understand the idea of not identifying yourself with any organization, or standing out too much when SHTF.

Is that your reason?
Or do you have something against survivalists?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

well my job is to give the CIA and Mossad a headache....
and free a nation that was born Free and I took an Oath to keep it that way.
If you want to know secrets about things... just U2U me with your questions...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Autowrench:

I see myself doing this also, causing trouble for all of the NWO minions and their servants, in whatever dimension they live in. The Gadston Flag is a good flag for the Rebellion, for We the People heave been tread on, many times. I could follow that flag into battle, couldn't you?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

we dont need a battle to win this... just awaken the sleeping giant

CX

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by CX

Why Not?

Honest question, because I was thinking of flying one, and I am a survivalist. I understand the idea of not identifying yourself with any organization, or standing out too much when SHTF.

Is that your reason?
Or do you have something against survivalists?

No no, i've nothing at all against survivalists, in fact i am an active member of the board here and quietly elsewhere.

You guessed right with the "not wanting to identifying myself". Yes i know people can read the stuff i write on the survival boards, but i just wouldn't want a flag outside my house showing all that i'm probably better prepared than others.

In my opinion that leaves me open to others being over curious as to what i have, whether that be the public or the PTB when the SHTF.

I should have been a bit clearer.

CX.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

You guessed right with the "not wanting to identifying myself". Yes i know people can read the stuff i write on the survival boards, but i just wouldn't want a flag outside my house showing all that i'm probably better prepared than others.

I totally understand that concern, but I am somewhat torn between quietly preparing myself, and shouting my concerns and preparation to everyone!

A flag like this, and certain bumper stickers, etc, should help to raise awareness of our precarious situation! I want to alert people that are still asleep, and I want to educate them and help them prepare!

I guess, I will probably try to serve as an example for now, but when things really start to hit the fan, then I will remove any identifying regalia!

Edit to add:
NRA stickers on your vehicle help to mitigate road rage! People do not approach a dirty pickup with gun stickers all over it!

[edit on 5-8-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I gave you a star and flag for this good idea. I think I will run one up the pole, too.

Just curious. Where did you get this information?:

and since America means "Land of Snakes", makes it appropriate, if I remember correctly

I don't remember ever hearing that "America" means land of snakes.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I believe if my memory serves me correctly that information is contained in...... susssssppppennnnsse .... The Secret Destiny of America

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

India is often called the land of snakes and is steeped in tradition

www.experiencefestival.com...

Found several sources for India as "Land of Snakes" but nothing for USA so far?

It was, as it is today, land of snakes and cougars and of the snarling, prowling el tigre, with water for fever-stricken ...

books.google.com... k&hl=en&ei=gL55SuGoGYqJtgfmls2WCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10
This for ancient South America

Weird story about an Indian girl rescued from "The Land of Snakes" in Oklahoma. Don't think it is related though, but it is an eerie story!
www.geocities.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I getcha now. Someone wrote in a book that America was the land of snakes or something along those lines. Is that what you are saying? I agree there are far too many lying, cheating, self-serving people crawling on their stomachs, and running this country, but snakes are cool. I have several dozen species of snakes that I breed and sell the offspring of. Snakes are interesting creatures and a vital part of most ecosystems. So, let's spare the snake's and not compare them to politicians.

Remember, snakes are our friends, but lying, cheating, self-serving politicians are not.

Edit to add: Hey BornPatriot, just realized I posted questions to two of your threads within the hour. I want you to know that I am not intentionally harrassing you. I just like to dig through information and pick out truth.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Let me elborate since its a issue... I see there are several videos with that title, the one I reviewed was sort of like research into the subject.
video.google.com...

part II

I believe this is the one... its suppose to be Miyan south american indian tribe "America" in there language translated into land of the snakes...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I'm just curious about the land of the snakes thing. I have never before heard that America could be translated into land of the snakes or that another languages word for America could be translated into land of the snakes. I speak a few languages fluently and have studied a few more. As an American, one of the first things I would learn is how to say I am American in each language I learn.

I like your idea to fly the Gadsden flag. As I said, I will be running one up the pole.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join