It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oculus and Infinitas Yacht

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Schöpfer Yachts,

A US company founded in 2008. Dang, these guys have been busy.

Oculus:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/918c8d93ab4d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/235e86bb494b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bbbd05bb0439.jpg[/atsimg]

This is definitley something I want to see while I am still alive. I have always been a fan of yachts, especially the ones that you can land a helicopter on

Which brings me to the Infinitas yacht, the sister ship to the Oculus.

Infinitas:

The Helipad-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2824d50c047b.jpg[/atsimg]

The Vessel-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c336994550b.jpg[/atsimg]

These ships are very expensive. The Oculus costs 95 million dollars while the Infinitas costs 140 million dollars.

“There are several potential clients interested in both Oculus and Infinitas and discussions are ongoing,” Mr. Schöpfer told CNN. “And we are also working on several more yachts.”

Put me on the list!

SVE

[edit on 1-8-2009 by thedude69]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Talk about over the top...

That sort of thing has just never really appealed to me... It's their money, and they can spend it anyway they please obviously, but meh...not my style.

Not that I wouldn't say no to an overnight trip, or twelve...
. Just not something I'd spend my own money on.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If having 140 Million Dollars isn't enough to impress the ladies, having one of these certainly would!

If I had either one of these yachts I wouldn't know whether to take the role of a suave philandering international playboy drinking martinis shaken, not stirred, or play the proverbial Bond super-villain.

I could certainly imagine the look on the faces of the Somali Pirates as they approach your yacht intending to hijack it:

"Uh oh boss, I think it's a military vessel"
"That's not a military vessel, that's a UFO!"
"What should we do boss?"
"Retreat you idiot! Retreat!"

If they offer 3000 month financing, I'll take one as well...although I might have to tidy up my Credit Report before applying.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
but are they submersible?...

aah to survive or to not survive a great deluge..
... that is the question..

which makes me remember..

anyone remember the ol' "ARK II" submarine on a monorail coming out of a cave in south american mountains thing?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I do not recall that submarine on the monorail, but I have just realized that if a private business can create a yacht that looks like this, the government must have some really exotic looking things at their whim. Time to do some digging!

SVE

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedude69
I do not recall that submarine on the monorail,

it goes like this.. back in like.. 99 or so.. these photos showed up on the internet ..
the backstory was this guy was mountain biking in the mountains of some country in south america.. equador? not sure..
and he saw somethign shining in the underbrush off the side of the trail.. he went out and got it.. it was a half burnt disposeable camera..

he got the film salvaged and developed.. that was in it.. and it showed pictures taken out of the point of view of a small plane.. like the person taking the pics was in a small plane..

and they showed the mountains.. and a monorail going through them. a very big one.. but it ended.. at a cave.. and halfway sticking out of the cave was a blue submarine on the track that said "ARK II" on it.

then that web page dissapeared... i'm sure someone somewhere still has those photos..

was hypothesized it's a vessle for keeping genetic samples and elites to survive a deluge type catyclysm if one happens.. just in case..

deserves it's own thread tho..

sorry for "de-railing" the thread ...ooooooh bubum shaaa

-

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

sorry for "de-railing" the thread ...ooooooh bubum shaaa

-

No worries
I like the wit, very sharp.

SVE

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Just found this:

Peugeot Sphe’ra – Futuristic concept car floats entirely on magnetic field

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c5c28353b38.jpg[/atsimg]

Description:

"Here is yet another eye catching concept car, can’t say whether it will ever see the real roads, but if ever came into existence, it will be cutting edge design in the automobile world. Utilizing state of art technology, Peugeot Sphe’ra, boasts of some special features like a maglev system for propulsion."

Source: psipunk.com...

SVE

[edit on 1-8-2009 by thedude69]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thedude69

They should add a couple of round things to the stern to make it even more recognizable.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The ship in the first picture looks something like a whale from the front.
You gotta wonder how practical the designs are for the high seas. My guess is the natural shapes are probably very efficient.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Like ears?

Looks ugly. What's with the tiny deck? Deck, yeah, thats what I said, jus' checkin'.
Why design out the sole reason we like to take ladies out to sea?

What a queer boat. I hope it is a fad that fades.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Like BALLS, to make it even more like the PENUS IT IS.

This is a male thing, so I thought I would say that.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

OOPs penis I mean.

This is just another case of men with that extension.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Oh, I was trying to be polite, you know how it goes, big noses, big feet...

Even with the penile issue it still is a queer boat. The deck is too tiny.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Looks like something inspired by Lost Odyssey. If I had a few extra hundred million lying around, sure why not. Of course, I'd have to buy a helicopter first because buying something that has a helicopter pad before you own a helicopter is irresponsible. /bitterness

At any rate, it better be able to take on some waves. Anything over 100 million dollars should be designed as its own insurance policy.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Hi prevenge, yes I remember well this story, I believe it was posted on Art Bell website before he changed to Coast to Coast AM.
If I remember correctly Art was talking about this subject and like you said, it remained on the Internet for a few weeks and they disapeared.
Looks like it was the real thing, a baby Blue submarine on the side of this open cave with camouflaged doors or cover and a monorail in concrete with huge concrete pilons from the cave to the side of the mountain, between mountains, going down I guess towards the sea. I believe the pilot of the cessna got shot by a black helicopter with sidewinders missile. He took a picture of the helicopter firing on him, thta was the last picture the pilot took.
Art mentioned he was not sure where these pictures were from but the cessna pilot evidently took a chance and flew in a no fly zone and got shot at and probably was killed.
Art mentioned Canada or USA or like you said, maybe South America...
These were incredible pictures, huge submarine, huge pilons and monorail system, Ark II on the side of the sub.
I remember.
Good one, too bad we can't find it anymore.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Nash1 because: Nash1

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It's a collection of shiny expensive things that perform the exact same function as a small fibre glass boat i.e. you can sit on it in the sea, watch the sunset, eat some food, drink some booze,talk to your friends and if your lucky get to see a few pretty girls / guys (whichever us your preference) in swimming costumes while floating on the water.

As far as I am concerned it's a symbol of idiocy over having any sort of taste / class
edit on 24-10-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

top topics

join