It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defense Department Releases Flurry of Photos of Botched Plane Flyover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Defense Department Releases Flurry of Photos of Botched Plane Flyover

www.foxnews.com

The Department of Defense released a flurry of additional photos Friday of Air Force One's controversial Manhattan flyover taken in April.

A total of 146 photos were released of the incident, prompting some to question the reasoning behind the White House Military Office's decision not to make the mission more broadly-known.

At the time the incident, the lack of a heads-up outraged New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who did not get advance notice of the flyover, who could send out a public warning. That resulted in many of frightened city residents evacuating office buildings, s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Apparently the FOIA was successful after 40+ organizations demanded these photos. They aren't that impressive IMO, but its good to see the American people were successful in breaking the silence behind these photos. FOX News was showing these images on-air, but they aren't included in the article for some reason.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Here are a few pics

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nine0099thousand

No way those are "press release" photos. Those are not even professional grade. They are from street level. The lighting is wrong. Those are the quickest thing they could round up in the absence of real photos.

IMHO, this absolutely proves this was no photo op! If it were, we would be seeing crisp clear rooftop photos of AF1 with the emblems in full view. We would be seeing photos with a good set up, sun behind the camera, plane banked appropriately, etc. etc.

What a crock!!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nine0099thousand

Those are not the photos that were released by the DoD. They seem to be pedestrian photos you found.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The article now features one of the photos. This is simply a thumbnail. Visit the source to see larger images.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by RichieScott1]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RichieScott1

Thats what I would expect to see, but there is no way to know when those were taken. All the amateur footage from that day doesn't show the fighter jet in a good perspective to take that photo.

Are there any identifying marks on that plane or the landscape below to get an accurate date or time of the photo?

I bet the statue of liberty shadow would tell us a lot!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Hey free vet
How are you?
Help me out here please.
I have not followed this story after the original hub bub.
What are we talking about here. A cover-up of some sort?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

sketchup.google.com...

OK, so she faces SSE. From her shadow that would appear to be a very early morning photograph. Maybe 8 a.m. ish. What time was the supposed flyover? Anybody remember?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

Sure thing Donny. You can read about the event that started this controversy at the link below.

cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com...

Basically, the DoD originally refused to release the images taken during this 'photo-op' and many organizations filed Freedom of Information Act requests to force the release of the photos.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by RichieScott1]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

From hour link:

The flyover, which began around 10 a.m.,

I don't think the photo in the FOX article is a 10 a.m. photo!! I wish I could find some 10 a m photos of the Statue to compare with the AF1 pic.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

No way those are "press release" photos. Those are not even professional grade. They are from street level. The lighting is wrong. Those are the quickest thing they could round up in the absence of real photos.

wow

yea were are the pictures,

I saw this on another forum, was going to post it, but not without the pictures.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Thanks Richie
I post on so many conspiracy threads I didn't take notice that this is just news. I thought is was of the conspiracy nature not just dumb gov.
I grew up looking at Miss Liberty every day.
Sorry I called you free vet before. Your name doesn't show up on the dark screen.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I found a link to the photo gallery showing many of the released pictures. The link is below if anyone is interested in seeing them.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichieScott1
I found a link to the photo gallery showing many of the released pictures. The link is below if anyone is interested in seeing them.

www.foxnews.com...

BS BS BS BS BS !!

You guys probably can't hear the foot stomping, but NYC was barely seen in any of those pictures. One was above Liberty, but it was not a suitable File Photo!

Even if these pictures are from the day in question, they are terrible pictures, and a low flyover of NYC was not necessary to take hazy pictures of AF1 without any landmark in view!! They could have done this anywhere, there was no need for the drama created!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I agree that they're not that impressive and it is good that the people were able to get them out of the government. These photos really show the lack of foresight that went into this operation. It's bad enough that someone in the government thought it would be smart to fly low over NYC.

Oh well... that's the way the government works sometimes.

new topics

top topics

join