It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resolution says Hawaii Obama's birthplace

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
JUST BECAUSE EVERYBODY VOTES THE PEANUT BUTTER IS MADE FROM BANANAS DOESN'T PROVE THAT THEY ARE MADE FROM BANANAS!

SHOW US THE ACTUAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE THAT SAYS HE WAS BORNE THERE! OR MAYBE THE HOSPITAL RECORDS EVEN. SOMETHING CONCRETE.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by InthekNOwla

Only because he's the biggest liar to have graced the political scene in decades. Alas if people don't open their eyes and really take a good look at what is going on...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
here is the actual page from the news paper, under births the fourth one down. This was not put in the paper by the parents, this is info released from Health bureau statistics ,births deaths and marriages

http://__._/leak/obama-1961-birth-announcement-from-honolulu-advertiser.pdf

it is farther down the page, sorry about that

[edit on 28-7-2009 by research100]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

The problem with your post is that the approval ratings were from May 2008.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
here is the actual page from the news paper, under births the fourth one down. This was not put in the paper by the parents, this is info released from Health bureau statistics ,births deaths and marriages

http://__._/leak/obama-1961-birth-announcement-from-honolulu-advertiser.pdf

it is farther down the page, sorry about that

[edit on 28-7-2009 by research100]

LOL, can we get this link posted as the first reply to every one of these birther threads please.

Not that it would do one ounce of good but still

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I wish, but yeah, it won't make any difference

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Better then the person who stays home and goes "I'm not going to vote because it means nothing!" and then afterwards, when they're on this site, they're on a rant in a thread.

"Oh, our country is falling apart! I can't believe these people were voted in! Man, I hate how this happens!"

Vote next time, and you'll be allowed to speak your mind. If not, don't get involved.

Not voting, and then trying to place your opinion on how our country should go is about the biggest hypocritical thing you can do.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

The fact that the vote was 378-0 says infinitely more about the makeup of the Congress of the United States than it says about the authenticity of President Obama's birth records. It's little different than the Cardinal College deciding on a new article of Roman Catholic faith, voting on it, and requiring Catholics to adhere "because we say so."

Personally I don't care where President Obama was born. His policies wouldn't be any more or less destructive to the United States if it were proven either way. Furthermore, his office is safe: Ms Pelosi's House would never bring Articles of Impeachment no matter what kind of fraud came to light. But I am mystified both at the administration's desperate efforts to keep virtually all of Mr. Obama's written record a state secret and the total lack of public outcry about the "most transparent administration in history" being so incredibly secretive.

President Obama tells us that We The People already know everything about him that we need to know. Alright, fair enough. The information contained on the long-form birth certificate includes only some very basic information, all of which President Obama claims we already know. What better opportunity to prove the GOP, the talking heads, talk radio, the birthers and any other critics wrong than to produce the document as conclusive proof? Why would Mr. Obama and Mr. Emanuel resist an opportunity like that, preferring instead to spend as much as million dollars to keep it a secret?

The only reason to keep a simple document containing a small quantity of information a secret would be if the information on that document directly conflicted with something we had heretofore been assured was the truth. Otherwise, why squander the time and treasure required to prolong the debate when ending the debate could deliver a devastating blow to the other side?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by evergreenvt

No other reason?

Not one?

Not even a half of one?

hmm, how about, let me think, really, really hard here, wait I can feel it coming...

Privacy maybe?

You are innocent until proven guilty in America.

Sorry thats just the way it works.

I know, its a bummer

((oh and do you really think showing the long form would end this! LOL))

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Helmkat]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Exactly.

Showing the long form would not end this.

Because, after that, then the argument would either be, "The long form was faked," which would be the argument on here, and the argument off of this site would be, "He's not a natural-born citizen," even though there is no definition within the constitution of what a natural-born citizen is.

It'll not end.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Sorry, but no.

Privacy is when somebody asks you a question and you tell them "It's none of your d--n business. I don't have to tell you." Fair enough.

Evasiveness is when somebody asks you a question and you choose to give an answer, you tell them you're being honest, you tell them you've answered all their concerns... but when asked for documentation that you've told the truth, you then say, "I don't have to tell you."

Mr. Obama has told us the names of his parents (both now deceased) and has told us where and when he was born - the information contained on the birth certificate. Whose privacy does he want to protect - the attending physician's? If that individual is still living (which is doubtful, or we'd have heard from him), the physician knows that his signature on a birth certificate is not a private matter. Who (or what) else is left to protect by refusing to verify what has already been claimed?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

As for the "innocent until proven guilty" canard, Mr. Obama is not the subject of a criminal investigation. And as a practical matter, even if it were found that he had intentionally defrauded the voters, he'd never be prosecuted for anything: Article II sets forth the minimum eligibility requirements, but I'm not aware of any USC provision setting out criminal penalties for running for President while ineligible (though some public corruption or mail or wire fraud statutes might apply, I suppose). Impeachment is out of the question as well, no matter which party controls the Congress.

When I renew my driver's license, I don't tell the DMV clerk to accept my identity on faith - I establish it, or I don't get my new license. When I bought my first sixpack of beer and was asked for ID, I didn't say to the clerk, "Oh yeah? How about you prove I'm not 18?" When I apply for a job, I establish my eligibility to work in the United States with form I-9, or the law says I can't be offered the job. There's no "innocent until proven guilty" here: If the requirements for an office are enumerated, then the very least any candidate should be prepared to produce is acceptable proof that he satisfies those requirements.

As for whether the debate will cease if said proof is produced, again, personally I don't care either way. I'm more troubled by the administration's intransigence on this than I am over the possibility that Mr. Obama was born where his grandmother said he was born. What I can say is that ATS is a site populated by people who stick to their guns - on either side - well after debates should be put to rest. I expect this would be no different.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by evergreenvt]

[edit on 28-7-2009 by evergreenvt]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Sorry to disappoint you, but voting is not a requirement for speaking ones mind or weighing in on the issues. Never has been. That not to say that things will not change in the future though.

It's not hard to imagine that one day the requirement for speaking ones mind will be based solely on whether you agree with the powers that be.

Beware the thought police or those who demand "civic" duty.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Gene Roddenberry, the creator of Star Trek, asserts in his book The Making of Star Trek that the character of James Tiberius Kirk had been born in the state of Iowa.

In March 1985, when the city was looking for a theme for its annual town festival, Steve Miller, a member of the Riverside City Council who had read Roddenberry's book, suggested to the council that Riverside should proclaim itself to be the future birthplace of Kirk. Miller's motion passed unanimously.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Better then the person who stays home and goes "I'm not going to vote because it means nothing!" and then afterwards, when they're on this site, they're on a rant in a thread.

"Oh, our country is falling apart! I can't believe these people were voted in! Man, I hate how this happens!"

Vote next time, and you'll be allowed to speak your mind. If not, don't get involved.

Not voting, and then trying to place your opinion on how our country should go is about the biggest hypocritical thing you can do.

This is what you really don't get friend. There really is a shadow government that runs the country. Your Avatar isn't just a cute political statement it's a reality.

I actually know how the real political process is carried out and it really truly has nothing to do with your vote.

By the way Ferdinand Marcos got kicked out of the Phillipines in 1979 when it was discovered that the CIA had used computer software to rig the election.

That would be our CIA!

Hello, earth to conspiracy theorists!

Go back to sleep now, it's all just a bad dream.

Laugh out loud, stood in line to vote and thought it meant something.

Masochists! I think it's a Christian thing?

Edit to add: By the way in Jess's case he served in the Marines in Iraq took a wound, lost a sister in Uniform, are you really going to tell me he doesn't have a right to complain about the government?

Wow!

[edit on 28/7/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Showing the long form would not end this.

You're making an assumption here similar to the assumption that Obama is not a US citizen.

Seems the only way to clear up these assumptions is for him prove the birthers wrong. Only then will we find out if your assumption turns out to be correct.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
ATS is getting ridiculous now...Wow 3 topics all about Obama's birth. Why not merge them all with the other 50 posts about the same crap. Nothing like beating a dead horse to death. The evidence proving otherwise will never come to light and we all know that. How hard would it be to falsify any government document when you are essentially at the top pier of the government.
There are so many more important things happening in the world today I do not understand why so much emphasis is put on where this man was born. Do you actually think he could be impeached for this ..highly highly doubtful. It is such a moot point anyways. Maybe I would feel differently if I was an American, but really what would the outcome be? He gets tossed out and another azzhole gets to be president. Look at Bush and how he fixed 2 elections and yet nothing could be done about that. Why do you feel this is any different. At least Obama actually outright won the election by a landslide. The majority of americans wanted him as their president and now unfortunately you have to sleep in that bed.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nepafogo

!.) He hardly won by a landslide.

2.) It was not a majority of American's that voted for him.

3.) You are saying that we should just give up because nothing will change? How about we deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Wow, so many month later and the "long form birth yada yada" still goes on, there has been enough shown for you people, its up to your self to get something to counter these evidence instead of yelling to the opponent that they need to give you more evidence, go do your own work and stop letting every one else doing yours.

Lazy ba......

Loke.:.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Calling people "Birthers" is an ad hominem that just serves to mud the waters.

Why was there a need for a Resolution? Would not showing the actual Birth Certificate from the archives be an easier, simpler and more definitive way to solve this issue?

It dosen't really matter though. Obama has lied, manipulated and squandered so much that he could well be kicked out entirely on his own merit, regardless of which kenian rock he crawled out from under. Or is that a conspiracy theory to? The disaster on the books, the continuation of the wars, the empowerment of the same crooks that were empowered with Bush? Is that the lie? Or is the lie pretty much embodied by whatever Obamabamadingdong does?

Take care of yourselves and your loved ones folks. This government will do nothing for anyone but the parasites empowered.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join