It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 in North Carolina charged with supporting terrorism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Hey Zindo, nice new Avatar. That explains the Flying Tigers but what about the Cuban Exile Militias?

You might want to read the case about the Liberty City Six down here in Miami. Three trials two with hung juries, 1 defendent acquitted another the Jury was still deadlocked on his charges after 3 trials.

The six were actually Christians from Liberty City a very poor minority community in Miami and home to some notable race riots over the years regarding police misconduct in the black community.

They were all basically street toughs who appear to really have just been trying to scam the FBI Informant out of his money by pretending to form an Al Queda Cell because the FBI Informant portrayed himself as an Al Queda member.

To get the money they had to swear an allegiance to Al Queda to the Informant which was actually I guess an Allegiance to the FBI since the informant was not Al Queda but FBI? They had to take some pictures of a building.

Two juries thought the charges were pure baloney and the third jury was going to go down the same way and after considerable deliberation the prosecution had one of the hold out jurors disqualified and brought in an alternate to break the deadlock otherwise that trial was headed for a hung jury too.

That's the only conviction they have gotten on a Home Grown Terrorist Cell and that's the story behind it. What a waste of tax payer money and I can pretty much gaurantee you these poor black ghetto hoodlums were not shopping around looking to join Al Queda, or planning a terrorist attack before being approached by the informant and promised big money to participate.

In the meantime all these stories of Home Grown Terror Cells turn out to be almost entirely FBI driven conspiracies to ensnare basically at loose ends desperate people in to joining the plot and then the FBI takes them down once it puts them through enough preliminary motions to establish a conspiracy.

It reeks of nothing but entrapment to keep the War on Terror going and to justify breaking the Constitution at home with things like the Patriot Act, Homeland Security Act and the FISA Act.

It's going to get worse under Obama.

We need to be on gaurd.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
check the us government for terrorism alls they do is using terror and fear to control people. just on a much larger scale. what do you think nuclear weapons are for. or the idea of brinkmanship. the government itself is like a giant organized terrorist organization, and hell im all for the terrorists love em i call them martyrs willing to die for the beliefs, although they should just die for their beliefs not kill for their beliefs they would make more of an impact that way. but anyways hope they throw a jihad.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by make.changes]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Choose your own adventure:

A. The people were arrested for anti big brother sentiment
B. They knew too much about something
C. They simply got framed and used as scapegoats
D. It really happened the way Fox News explains...

Warren I am going to go for C????

They simply got framed and used as scapegoats?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

I love the arguments you have brought forth so far.

They cant be guilty because of their last name. Wow....

Nobody should be stopped until they commit a crime? So if there is a group if people plotting to kill you and your family and the police know about it, you would want those people to not be arrested? I'm sure you would much rather be tortured and murdered by this group then the cops looking into it and putting them away behind bars beforehand.

Your post is filled with a lack of logical thinking and I can't begin to understand where you coming from with the current facts. If it comes out that this is all a lie and the facts are wrong then they should be released but if the police have just cause to detail and continue their investigation they should. I would rather lives be saved possibly.

Well hey guess what friend? As of right now they can't be guilty because they are innocent until proven guilty, and by an actuall court of law and not just CNN!

Further no one is plotting to kill me or my family just our American way of life, which they already have and it sure isn't Middle Eastern Terrorists but a corrupt government that has done that.

Facts? Our government and media doesn't like us citizens to be troubled with those, national security you know.

They just like to convince you that you should be afraid, always afraid and to be thankful every time they violate someone's rights to protect you from what they might do some day.

Some people like living in Amerika me myself and I, happen to remember what it was like to live in America with a c instead of a k, and I really liked it a lot better.

Watch out for the boogie man now!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

They just like to convince you that you should be afraid, always afraid and to be thankful every time they violate someone's rights to protect you from what they might do some day.

PPT, truer words may not have been spoken on this site. Three and a half gold stars!

So, I didn't bother with the article. Not going to, I already know what I'm going to read. Another foolish story to try and make me afraid.

I have more fear of my own government trying to kill me with a hypothetical cure to a disease they had a hand in creating. As it is being done with my best interests at hand, I guess I shouldn't question the motive of TPTB. Nanny knows best.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Thanks friend, the Powers that Be by the way don't know what's best, just best for them! It always comes at our expense too. We need to stay on top of this government of ours.

Calling them out on the propoganda each and every time is the best first step!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I was being a bit sarcastic there. I agree about calling them out on everything, but we've been calling them out for how long and nothing happens? Well, since our elected officials are just pawns of the International Banking Cartel, mostly - there are other cartels, energy, pharma, food - not a thing is going to happen. Monsanto now controls the food, a eugenicist is now in control of our "science", Big Pharma is going to kill millions of us off in the next few days, weeks, months - it's already started, look at all the soldiers getting sick, do you not wonder WHO(pun intended) is getting them sick? - and the bankers will make a ton of dough.

So tell me again how I'm supposed to be afraid of a couple of guys who were taking pictures or whatever the hell they weren't doing? Were they planning on stealing another statue and smashing it?

How I love the MSM sometimes. Just take the story they tell you and don't believe a word of it. If they tell you something, 99% of the time it's the exact opposite.

Can we get a clip of Glenn Beck ranting, raving and crying over the big, bad terrorists? Ratcheting up the fear is just the icing on the cake.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Wow CNN.com , what about the charges Jane Burgermeister has against the WHO , the UN , Baxter and high ranking officials in the governments?

Oh I see , those do not have Mohamed or stuff like that in their names , sorry I forgot about that.

Yet there is real evidence for conspiracy of mass murder.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

"Further no one is plotting to kill me or my family just our American way of life, which they already have and it sure isn't Middle Eastern Terrorists but a corrupt government that has done that."

So just to be clear since you avoided my hypothetical question. You would rather somebody kills you and your family then have the police arrest them under suspicion if they had reasonable facts that the murder was going to happen?

Your just ranting and not applying any reason. You are correct they are innocent until proven guilty but that doesn't mean you can't detain somebody once you have obtained probable cause and found evidence to support the arrest.

Sure the government does some messed up stuff but not every cop or arrest is made for the wrong reasons. There are in fact some people that would like to blow stuff up as can be see around the world on any given day. Just maybe they actually stopped people from being blown up by these guys and your flipping out about it like a nut job.

If I went and trained in an area known for terrorism and surrounded myself with people who do bad deeds then I'm going to assume people will then I'm probably a bad person also and possibly will get hassled for it. That would be my choice and I would expect those consequences for my actions.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

No I really don't need the government to intervene on my behalf in that fashion.

I can take care of my own security thank you.

I just need the government to fix pot holes, try to time the traffic lights sensibly and feed the people to lazy, stupid, or disabled to make a living.

Lots of people have tried to kill me! I am doing fine

Thanks, I don't aspire to the lowest common denominator.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Oh by the way, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, John Adams, Ben Franklin all considered Terrorists in their day.

One man's villian is another man's hero, one man's hero is another man's villian.

My mind is not for rent to any G-d or Government I decide who is who all on my own.

I can tell the difference between right and wrong all by myself.

I am a big boy now.

Can you?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I would like to know how this guy Boyd was in A-stan fighting the Soviets in the 80s when he should have been in middle or early high school? I really don't think that guy would have been allowed to live there back then.

This whole thing stinks and now we will probably never know the real story.

"The men's wives, also Americans, said in an interview at the time that the couples had come to Pakistan in 1989. The wives refused to answer questions about their husbands' links to the Afghan mujahedeen, or Islamic holy warriors, though they did say their husbands embraced Islam nine years earlier."

Yeah when the guy was 19, Yeah sure he did.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hmmm, anyone read the FEMA NLE 2009 scenario? Wasn't it about terrorists planning attacks across America....

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Hmmm, anyone read the FEMA NLE 2009 scenario? Wasn't it about terrorists planning attacks across America....

It was, but these guys aren't accused of planning on committing attacks in America but planning on murder abroad.

The government has had a hard time getting juries to believe these manufactured home grown terrorist cases so by making the potential 'victims' hypothetical ones living outside of the country keeps them from having to manufacture plans to attack this country that just aren't real credible considering the logistical capability of the people they are charging.

It's all just pure nonsense on the part of the Government to persecute people who don't fit the mold, live on the fringe and can keep the War on Terror is taking place here in America nonsense in the media spotlight and on the people's minds.

It's disgusting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join