It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"All I Know How to do Is Kill People"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

If you don't know the difference between a Marine and a Soldier, I have doubts that you were a soldier, as you claim...

So many armchair "veterans" these days... I run into 'em all the time around where I live.

You obviously didn't read my post just a few before yours on this page. If your reading comprehension is up to par, you'll see that the quote you chose is merely interservice bravado. Quite common, actually...

Then again, a soldier, as you claimed to be, would already know that, neh?

Deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I can take the flames so I'll just say it, everyone is thinking it anyways....

Doesn't anyone think theres a good chance that the type of people that voluntarily sign up for a line of work that involves killing civilians for an unjust cause are just POS's to begin with....

example: My mother was talking about a student she had one time that couldn't wait to join up to the military. Kid knew everything about every make and model of gun. It's all he talked about.....

I'm all for hobbies, but come on kid....get a real one. Yer goin nowhere as a gun lover.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
I'm all for hobbies, but come on kid....get a real one. Yer goin nowhere as a gun lover.

Interesting post for a man posing with a (Sig?) in his avatar...

You're right though... Even when I went through Parris Island, my platoon had their share of former "gang bangers" who already knew pretty well how to field strip our old 'A2's.

They're out there alright, but they usually turn their attitudes around, or get weeded out pretty quickly.

[edit on 28/7/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I recall in the combat zone, when soldiers and Marines met up in bars, invariably, there'd be a brawl in no time. Both sides made fun of the other, and though we were brothers in arms, fists would fly in direct proportion to the amount of beer consumed.

We'd screw with each other. Once due to the extent of my wounds, everytime we'd come in from the field, they'd send me by daily convoy to Bien Hoa for a big jug of IV Penicillin.

One the way, there was a small Marine post guarding a bridge, and they had obtained an aircraft drop tank, built up a tower, and had constructed a nice shower.

Not having a shower, I grabbed an M203, stood up in the back of the deuce and a half, yelled at them to run, and I blew a good six-inch hole in it. The convoy didn't stop, we proceeded, and the next morning on the way back, they had patched it, I grabbed the same guy's 203 and this time, the Marines were paying attention, and upon seeing this blonde-headed guy stand up and start taking aim, everyone unassed the area near the drop tank.

I did this for three consecutive days, and the third day, we got a visit from a very irate Marine Colonel. A formation was called, and all three of us blonde headed guys were asked to step forward and we were grilled.

When I owned up to being the "bastard" that kept putting holes in their tank from a moving duece and a half truck, he stared for a while and concluded I was a Marine who was merely stuck in the Army. And THEN congratulated me on my shooting.

Gotta love Marines. They're reliable, dependable, they have a sense of honor, a sense of respect of other fighting men, and are men I'd like alongside me when any shooting starts.

Now for my Army brothers who think I've gone completely off the deep end here, I will admit that Marines had some of the stinkiest feet who ever put a foot in a boot.

So they weren't perfect.

But damn near.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by dooper]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Now for my Army brothers who think I've gone completely off the deep end here, I will admit that Marines had some of the stinkiest feet who ever put a foot in a boot.
[edit on 28-7-2009 by dooper]

Have you been talking to my wife? Hanging out in my sock drawer? This must be one of the "unwritten" traditions of the Corps...

Seriously though dooper... that has to be the funniest "war story" I've ever heard... Leave it to those MACVSOG guys to stir the pot!

As always... It's funny 'cause it's true!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join