It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"All I Know How to do Is Kill People"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
I've said in other threads there are people who join the marines and they are messed in the head and all these......
[edit on 27-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]
Now I know where you stand, I believe this is important, that we clarify while we debate subjects on forums.

A lot of bizarre human beings can get their down right nasty side out just by being part of these missions.

It's correct you take a stand for those who do it well and has a somewhat fullfilled life in the United States.

I missed your opinion, and kind of failed for my own black and white trap "theory" myself, I guess so.

I was one of those people. I wasn't going to let my GF and baby be homeless! [edit on 27-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]
It's brave of you to fight and still has a sane opinion on war and in reality. We hast to be strong minded to get things over us and handle them properly. I actually failed to get into military, because I don't work well without sleep. I am in the reserve category for my country in military.

So some of them was mentally unstable before they arrived and started to serve their duty, this was just an decent wayto fullfill their bizzarness view on life and human nature. That makes sense.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
get of it people. go hug a tree or something. war is war. and for the most part we are fighting an enemy with no uniform. they have no problem killing their own in the dozens to get rid of 5 or 6 americans. they dress like civlians. screw those people. to those who havent been in combat and dont know its easy to sit and type murder murder. hell yeah its kill or be killed. you cant win a war aganst people who dont play by the rules by playing by the rules and being politically correct. do what it takes. if it was me id bomb em all and the middle east would be a really big empty parking lot. the gov wont do that because they need the middle east for oil, money, and strategic global positon.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
"You havent seen combat, its only a few bad apples, Iraq has nuclear weapons, the terrorists are trying to kill us!" you kevlar hat wearing crackpots!
Paranoid about a shadowy group that can keep millions of people in cohesion!

Seriously though, how has your war helped stop terror attacks (assuming they are not false flag operations).

For fun lets weigh this concept that has arisen on this thread?

Who is the coolest? Alex Jones or George Bush...

Hmmm, Alex Jones predicted 9/11 basically all by himself. This sadly occoured as we know.

George Bush predicted that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction with the intelligence agencies and an army of "experts" and the best technology on Earth on Earth. This did not come to pass did it?

Alex Jones 1
George Bush 0

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23
"You havent seen combat, its only a few bad apples, Iraq has nuclear weapons, the terrorists are trying to kill us!" you kevlar hat wearing crackpots!
Paranoid about a shadowy group that can keep millions of people in cohesion!

Seriously though, how has your war helped stop terror attacks (assuming they are not false flag operations).

For fun lets weigh this concept that has arisen on this thread?

Who is the coolest? Alex Jones or George Bush...

Hmmm, Alex Jones predicted 9/11 basically all by himself. This sadly occoured as we know.

George Bush predicted that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction with the intelligence agencies and an army of "experts" and the best technology on Earth on Earth. This did not come to pass did it?

Alex Jones 1
George Bush 0

LOL at assuming just because people are marines that we support Bush. I can't speak for others but I don't support Bush at all. I am still a marine though. I also joined before 9/11 even happened for reasons that have nothing to do with wanting war.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

LOL at assuming just because people are marines that we support Bush. I can't speak for others but I don't support Bush at all. I am still a marine though. I also joined before 9/11 even happened for reasons that have nothing to do with wanting war.

Bush sucks AND Alex Jones sucks, imo.

Being in the marines and also a conspiracy theorist what is your actual stance on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the rest of the conflicts the USA and UK involve themselves in?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23

Bush sucks AND Alex Jones sucks, imo.

Being in the marines and also a conspiracy theorist what is your actual stance on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the rest of the conflicts the USA and UK involve themselves in?

To be completely honest I don't really buy 90 percent of the story the government gives for why we are at war. I don't know at this time what to believe about 9/11 BUT the government in my eyes atleast totally knew about it and allowed it to happen, if not actually helping it to happen. I think a lot of marines/military think the same as me too. And of course in the marines as in all walks of life there are the people who blindly follow what they are spoonfed and question nothing

You'd be surprised I actually agree with a lot of the stuff you guys talk about. I just don't agree that we are all horrible people and brutal killers who enjoy killing. I also am not ever going to say I am ashamed to be a marine, because I'm not.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Who would of thought it after all the experiences we had with vietnam vets, korean vets etc, etc, etc I mean - everyone knows what happens in war and what it does to a man - crying foul afterwards does not draw sympathy - you knew what it was, you knew what you were doing - the only thing here which shocks me is that someone could be so naive as to express surprise when this happens.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Ugh. There are so many good honest soldiers out there who get tarnished by the sociopaths who do this kind of thing.

The problem has really come from the top down, not that I am trying to defend men who would murder and rape innocent people. But the Bush administration really just gave a nod and a wink to the USMC and looked the other way. Some quickly caught on that this war was nothing other than a free for all gravy train, and they exploited that in the worst possible ways.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
I guess all these anti-war folks would just have us bend over and take it when we are attacked. Thank God for those men and women that have fought to defend our country and its interests.

In case you don't realise it, the USA is being attacked from within and more successfully than any military attack could ever hope to achieve.

The corrupt two-party system bows to greed, money and power.

Only naieve people might wish to think that you need soldiers to defend your borders...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
What I want to know is who in hell determined that war is an exercise is moderation?

Not only do I want to know WHO made this determination, but exactly WHEN was this determination made.

In war, especially a dumbass war of attrition like our generals have been leading, slow is dead, so fast is good.

After months, you're not real particular in finding out if those who approach are persons of good will, or those who are about to blow themselves, and hopefully you - too.

So as a defense mechanism, yes, you're mighty quick on the trigger, and you're not particularly discerning.

That's why an army NEVER, EVER operates in or from within population centers, and this has been a known military principle for millennia.

Unfortunately, the only shooting our generals have done is during an annual duck hunt at the invitation of some major corporation.

It's not the soldiers - it's the dumbass approach to this war they have been compelled to follow.

After a while, you just don't give a damn.

All you want to do is survive and get home.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513

Try calling a Marine a soldier to his/her face some time... See what happens, after you regain conciousness.

[edit on 27/7/09 by cbianchi513]

This kind of attitude is why I am not particulary fond of most marines myself. I tend to find their arrogance overwhelming.

As for ex servicemen, I think the OP has made much too wide of a generalization. Odds are that the folks committing these offenses would have done this type of thing eventually, military service or not. As other posters have stated, there should definitely be a cooling off period for those that have engaged in combat before they are released back into public life.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by FlyersFan

Dude
go to the FBI website
look at UBL's profile

simple!

Alleged 9/11 mastermind Mohammed

www.thestar.com...

There are five alleged co-conspirators, UBL NOT being one of them

But the cases of the five 9/11 co-accused – Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Ramzi Binalshibh, Ali Abdul Aziz Ali, Walid bin Attash and Mustafa Ahmed al-Hawsawi – are being most closely watched.

same link

Why be so adamant about giving roof when you refuse to use google yourself?

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Sept. 11 mastermind suspect, boycotted a pretrial hearing Thursday,

www.freep.com...

Dude, seriously, google!

Why even bother with this line of argument - 9 of the eleven hijackers were from Saudi Arabia - none were even FROM Afghanistan - so explain to me how you can attack a country for september 11th 2001 when no one was even from said country ?

Is there no correlation in peoples minds between the fact that the Bush Administration was engaged in a deal with the Taliban to put a pipe across through Turkmenistan into Afghanistan from the Caspian sea to Pakistan - HUH !! This was rejected and the next thing they were invaded .....ANYONE SUSPECT ANYTHING THERE - in fact you can draw a line which some how miraculously follows the pipeline AND the US bases in the country ---- oooooooooooohhhh!!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
US soldiers are merely the repo men for US oil interests - explain to me where the sympathy lies when someone comes into your country kills your family and steals your resources and claims it was done in the name of freedom and democracy - ill tell you - idiots who are surprised that WAR IS HELL - I mean you would have to be the most ignorant person on EARTH not to know this - and even then being and ABSOLUTE MORON is still no excuse for not knowing that doing extremely evil deeds, acts bordering on the psychopathicly insane is not going to have SOME EFFECT ON YOU.....there is no excuse for this which does not engage in the completely ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
You know, it's funny. People can get all sorts of information given to them and no matter what, they still cling to comforting beliefs.

There have been stories of atrocities in Iraq almost since day one. It's been a steady stream. There's also been plenty of soldiers who've come back and admitted doing things that they were deeply ashamed of.

Yet people here still have their heads in the sand about it. Pathetic.

And what the soldiers have done is, in a way, not the worst. Funny how John Negroponte (organiser of death squads in Central America) shows up in Iraq and then the death squads start up. "Men in police uniforms" taking part in death squads? Must be a large costumier out there handing out the uniforms.

All so Halliburton, Monsanto, Bechtel and others can pick over the carcass of Iraq.

Try calling a Marine a soldier to his/her face some time... See what happens, after you regain conciousness.

If this is supposed to support the idea that Marines are NOT unthinking killing machines, it's not doing a very good job.

One wrong word to a Marine and you wake up in hosptial? Is that something to be proud of? Personally, I don't think so. I think it makes you look like an out-of-control psychopath if that's the way you react. And if you think it's cool to react like that, then the same assessment applies.

I'll tell you something that you will certainly find some way to rationalize a refute to, but is nonetheless true.

I can't speak for "Hollywood" Marines, but at MCRD Parris Island, one of the first and most stressed classes on the UCMJ teaches new recruits morals, and the importance of refusing illegal orders, if given.

I KNOW, I was in that class at one time.

Well... it doesn't seem to have done much good for quite a few people. It doesn't seem to have stopped many, many admitted cases where people would go on patrol equipped with weapons to plant on bodies to show they were "hostile". This seems to have been at least a persistent practice. I've seen many interviews with soldiers who've stated that happens.

And, frankly, given that the US has been training people to torture for decades at SOA/WHISC/whatever the hell it's called now, attempts to take the moral high ground (especially in an unprovoked war of aggression) would be laughable if the whole situation weren't so disgusting and tragic.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

First off, the whole Marine/soldier thing is a running interservice joke. Civvies can feel free to ignore... It is a joke! Some of my best friends, who I would gladly fight beside, and willingly die for, are squids and doggies. Those zoomies can fend for themselves.

Besides, being a part of the only undefeated fighting force does justify a bit of bravado and espirit de corps, Neh?

I noticed that NONE of the Army types that I know on this thread were offended... In fact, I'm sure they had a little chuckle to themselves, as the door swings both ways. Try calling a Soldier a Marine, especially the ones that I know on this board! Heheh- they know who I'm talking about.

The point of the matter here is: WAR IS HELL. Of course there are going to be atrocities. These poor guys in the sandbox now are held to untenable ROE in many cases. The enemy, like in most guerilla conflicts, blend in to the populace as part of their SOP, and shoot from crowds of non-coms.

Sorry folks... I don't agree with this war either. Read my sig, that pretty much sums up my feelings on the issue. Still... WAR IS HELL.

Let's try to refrain from pointing fingers at men and women that are doing the best they can to make it home safe to their families, shall we?

It's ok to speak out against the WAR, it's near treasonous to speak out against the warfighters. If you've never been in a combat zone, with rounds flying... You are talking out your rear, IMO.

Hope that makes it clear.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This never was a war, it is an extermination.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
you can't lump all soilders in this category its absurd there are bad apples in every group. I imagine when you see the type of things these people have and you are already "unstable" it just adds fuel to the fire.

I just have to say from my experience with friends and aquantinces that are joining the military that there are misconceptions about the 18-25 year old generation and their reasoning.

I don't think the majority of 18-25 year olds who are enlisting are doing it for idealogical reasons. They aren't joining to protect our "freedoms" or because they really want to defend America. They are doing it mainly because they are:

Bored, paycheck , fraternity, and want some adventure. Which is fine for them but I think some of them truly aren't expecting what happens...don't know how you could.

Personally I think if you are going to fight you should be damn sure you are doing it cause you believe in why you are doing it, not because you are bored of xbox. That probably has something to do with people who come back a bit "messed up"

The people I know who have come back from Iraq don't talk about it but with a few they talk about freely and can't wait to go back.

Again just my experience... your mileage may vary

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

We were attacked by Al Qaeda which was based in and protected by the Taliban government of Afghanistan. The Taliban were offered a deal to turn him over or be attacked and they refused to do so. Hence, why they were attacked.

The Taliban asked for proof that Al Queda was responsible for 9/11.

The US could not find any. So they did the next best thing. Bomb the #@#* out of Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm not condoning their actions, but I think they shouldn't be the ones held FULLY responsible.

-- Many of these soldiers faced consecutive deployments with little or no downtime in between.

-- How many cars have to blow-up and how many soldiers/friends have to get killed before you start to become suspicious of everyone

I think the military should be held responsible frankly. The length of their deployments and the extreme conditions that they were faced with is akin to getting a confession out of someone you are interrogating by means of torture.

They can only take so much before they simply start on a "I'll get you before you get me" rampage.

If you were mugged twice in your life while walking down a street at night, I can bet from then on you would be suspicious of every single person that you encountered while walking. Now, put a loaded gun in your hand, watch a few of your fellow walkers get blown to pieces, and figure out how you would react the next time someone bumped into you.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

reply to post by mr-lizard

Try calling a Marine a soldier to his/her face some time... See what happens, after you regain consciousness.

[edit on 27/7/09 by cbianchi513]

This is whats wrong with all this. If you call a Marine a soldier you will get your head kicked in. And they call them selves civilised. What a joke.

What is a Marine if he/she is not a soldier?

Will some one that dont know all about the marines but still call you a soldier by mistake get knocked out as well?

Talk about been brain washed.

When i was a soldier i didn't go around beating on people if they didn't know what unit i belonged to. That is the lamest thing i have ever heard.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join