It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why UFOs Have Lights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I know this is probably in the 'doh' category but is it not a fact that UFOs have lights so they don't crash into our aeroplanes or each other? Makes sense as that is why we see them most often with lights. Maybe that is why there has been no crashes since Roswell? Just a thought.......

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
well the stories go that they can easily maneuver around our best guided missiles, so I dont think dodging airplanes would be a problem. I have seen 1 ufo in my life, and the the way the lights were going on it, they would change colors and get very bright at times form a triangle, it was as if it were trying to do a light show...
(in the entire time i have frequented this site I have never discussed that...wow)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

No...all the pretty lights are just for Steven Speilberg.

Makes his movies more interesting.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

Hi kalenga and UFO fans.

The light(s) could be a **side effect** of their propulsion.

If you have read a bit on UFOs, you could have notice that a
green aurora is often seen around "them".

That green is a clue that their proplusion is #####/magnetic.
Could be electro/magnetic, gravitic/magnetic. . .

If there is no green, it could be electro/gravitic. . .

As I have often said elsewhere:
About UFOs, here are my finds/thoughts, (that I did not invent):

1- Some UFOs come from someWHERE.

2- Some UFOs come from someWHEN !

3- Some travel by moving.

4- Some travel by thought.

5- All in the universe is entangled. [What the BLEEP!? down the rabbit hole].

6- There exist: space/time & time/space,
meaning:
**WE** can move 3 ways in space, in one time line.
**THEY** can move 3 ways in time, in one space. (without moving).

7- One day, science will tell us:
! All universe's matter is made of solid light !

8- The new ***theory of everything*** !
www.ted.com...

9- Some UFOs are build in a factory by 3rd density entities, like us.
Some UFOs are "thought formed" by the Xth density entities !
Some entities don't even need UFOs.

10- There are positive and negative 4th and 5th density entities.
6th and 7th density entities are positive only ! Benevolent !
Our mentality, our profoundness, our life's services to others
decide which polarity of 4th and 5th density entities will visit us.

11- and stuff I forgot. . .? B-)

And if I may add : read the Ra material in my signature, and the
[My Favorite Sites] box in my profile, and you will have A LOT more answers !

Blue skies.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i asked this before and i didnt get a satisfactory answer
basically "youre just assuming that they dont need lights to navigate. they may actually need them"

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I don't really see that they would need them, I'm sure there would be some other "systems" in place for guidance etc.

I think they're just Floyd/Greatful Dead fans...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
if ts not their propulsion side effect...probably all that "disco lights" of theirs are to scare >SNIP< out of the humans witnessing their activity. Serio...probably if they want they can make their ships completely invisible. So if they show its only "for our eyes"...kind of sociotechnical experiments seems to by...

============================================================
[Mod edit - Please don't evade the automatic censors.

[edit on 7/27/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Earthly aircraft only need lights so that other aircraft can avoid them. They provide absolutely no "guidance" or navigational benefits. Even the super bright landing lights are only beneficial at low altitude for lighting up the runway prior to landing. I think almost all UFOs are misidentified aircraft (thus the lights). There are some pretty wild lighting sequences on some modern aircraft. Check out the lights on a Predator UAV flying at night - if you didn't know what you were looking at you'd think for sure it couldn't be an aircraft. Same with an inflight refueler/tanker, like the KC-10.
The lights on any alien-piloted UFOs are probably for similar collision avoidance or just to say "you see me and we are watching you."

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by kalenga

No...all the pretty lights are just for Steven Speilberg.

Makes his movies more interesting.
I'm watching Close Incounters of the Third Kind right now!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The previous reply stating that the lights could be part of the propulsion system is very logical. far more logical then they need them for navigation i mean we dont even need lights for navigation.

The movie what the bleep do we know was also mentioned earlier, if you have not seen it well worth a watch just get ready to scratch your head a little its pretty out there But at the same time makes sense for the most part.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by patientobserver

I have seen as you have that they tend to put on a light show. I think I might be going mad by telling you all this but most times when I am out I need to just think about a UFO then one or a few will appear to fulfil my wish. I know even writing this I feel as if I have went 'off my heid.' I never think to take a camera or video camera out with me but have captured some on my mobile camera. I will make a point of charging all my cameras just incase.....Bring on the flaming!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What happens when the craft is travelling at, or faster than the speed of light and they turn the lights on?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seventh
What happens when the craft is travelling at, or faster than the speed of light and they turn the lights on?

I dont think they are travelling faster than light. The only reason people seem to think they do is because they somehow got the idea that their ships go from A to B in a straight line like our cars. It most likely doesnt work like that. The distances in the universe are too huge for linear travel.

I think they use wormholes. We may not know how they work or where they are, but what does that prove? We havent even got the capability to leave the planet as a people, and I bet our physics is as flawed as the physics we had 100, 200, 500 and 2000 years ago. We are only working on the surface, because we dont know anything else. Yet.

And thats a good thing, because the first thing we would do with the knowledge of how to build a antigravity ship is to build a new aircraft with antigravity weapons and blow the enemy of the week off the planet and still have time to prepare a speech of how brave we were in the face of danger.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I would guess if not for show and if not for allowing identification of them to other aircraft/UFO's then I would assume for navigation while within the earths atmosphere because if they do travel as fast as they are recorded at then they would need one heck of a fast radar response time.

In space it wouldn't really be required as you already should know where things are at and be able to track them and in the pre-flight plan your mission around those objects, or they just bend space as someone else said creating some type of wormhole.

Final and most obvious reason would be it's required by the FAAA (Federal alien aviation administration) heck I'm sure they have rules to follow also assuming these aren't are own black budget aircraft anyway.

Lastly they could use it to communicate on a basic level such as us using morse code. Although without knowing what each color and duration of flash stands for it would be quite useless. Heck they could have 273 letters/symbols in their language what good is it if it's all mumbo jumbo to begin with then to translate it into code that would have an infinite number of possibilities sense we don't know the word in the first place. That's why I think this is last option to consider.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Lastly they could use it to communicate on a basic level such as us using morse code. Although without knowing what each color and duration of flash stands for it would be quite useless.

Morse code?Im not sure.Those beings would never,tell us secret to their propulsion,unless we beg them.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

» ATS Skunk Works » Why UFOs Have Lights

Something I've often wondered as well...

They supposedly have the means and technology to travel near unfathomable distances and traverse light-years of space, all the while having the Needed ability to avoid interstellar space dust/debris, comets, asteroids and whatnot to get Here ... yet upon entering Earth's atmosphere they have to turn on their parking lights!?

Just one aspect or issue that's never quite made sense ... 'least for me.

(?)

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I`m not sure about the worm hole theory, I have loads of worms in my garden and I just spent ages studying their holes, but it would explain why UFO`s need lights, as it`s pretty dark in those holes

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

The Paracast did an interview with Dr Richard Haines of NARCAP. They asked him the same question. He reckons it's the same reason you think. "To be seen." He's a fairly cold-blooded observer of the phenomena of UFO/UAP, very rational and objective. If it's 'nuts and bolts craft,' I agree with him and you.

It's a great interview by all concerned, if anyone is interested...

Dr. Richard F. Haines, Chief Scientist for the National Aviation Reporting Center on Anomalous Phenomena (NARCAP), speaks at length about airline sightings, airline safety, and his extensive research into these strange aerial mysteries.
Paracast or for the download...Right click & Save (or Save Link as...)

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

He seems to want to distance his organisation form the UFO phenomenon. Probably so that they are taken seriously by the military and the airlines I suppose?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
A light viewed from a craft that appears to encompass may be attributed to ionization of air molecules around the craft which causes them to emit light. The color, and or pulsation of this sort of light can indicate properties of the electrical activity in the outer hull of the craft, its frequency, amplitude and the interaction of those factors with air around the craft. Some vehicles have been described as being 'made' of light during some circumstances and I won't speculate as to what causes that, but my intuition tells me that that may be some effect related to a change in the craft's material makeup in relation to matter as it would exist naturally. It may be possible for a vehicle, being, or any object can be shifted into a different state of matter that during the transition appears to emit light. As for discrete single lights that are positioned at various points along the craft, they may also be related to more conventional propulsion systems, ie a thruster of some sort. These may also be indeed signaling apparatus, but most likely not intended for signaling other craft.. but to draw attention to the presence of the craft.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join