It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails: Document signed by Canada and USA about Weather Mod.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Link to Document here

A quote here :

CANADA
and
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Agreement relating to the exchange of information on
weather modification activities. Signed at Washington
on 26 March 1975
Authentic texts: English and French.
Registered by Canada on 18 August 1975.

386 United Nations — Treaty Series • Nations Unies — Recueil des Traités 1975
AGREEMENT1 BETWEEN CANADA AND THE UNITED STATES OF
AMERICA RELATING TO THE EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION
ON WEATHER MODIFICATION ACTIVITIES
The Government of Canada and the Government of the United States of
America,
Aware, because of their geographic proximity, that the effects of weather modi
fication activities carried out by either Party or its nationals may affect the territory
of the other;
Noting the diversity of weather modification activities in both Canada and the
United States by private parties, by State and Provincial authorities, and by the
Federal Governments;
Believing that the existing state of knowledge warrants the expectation of fur
ther development over a period of time in the science and technology of weather
modification;
Taking into particular consideration the special traditions of prior notification
and consultation and the close cooperation that have historically characterized their
relations;
Believing that a prompt exchange of pertinent information regarding the nature
and extent of weather modification activities of mutual interest may facilitate the
development of the technology of weather modification for their mutual benefit;
Recognizing the desirability of the development of international law relating to
weather modification activities having transboundary effects;
Have agreed as follows:
Article I. As used in this Agreement:
(a) "Weather modification activities", means activities performed with the in
tention of producing artificial changes in the composition, behaviour, or dynamics
of the atmosphere;
(o) "Weather modification activities of mutual interest" means weather
modification activities carried out in or over the territory of a Party within 200 miles
of the international boundary; or such activities wherever conducted, which, in the
judgment of a Party, may significantly affect the composition, behaviour, or dyna
mics of the atmosphere over the territory of the other Party;
(c) "Responsible agencies" means the Atmospheric Environment Service of
Canada and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration of the United
States, or such other agencies as the Parties may designate;
(rf) "Reporting requirements" means the requirements established by the
domestic laws or regulations of the Parties for reporting to the responsible agencies
information relating to weather modification activities by persons or entities en
gaged in weather modification.
Article II. (1) Information relating to weather modification activities of
mutual interest acquired by a responsible agency through its reporting requirements
or otherwise, shall be transmitted as soon as practicable to the responsible agency of
1 Came into force on 26 March 1975 by signature, in accordance with article IX.
Vol.977, 1-14202
197? United Nations — Treaty Series • Nations Unies — Recueil des Traités 387
the other Party. Whenever possible, this information shall be transmitted prior to
the commencement of such activities. It is anticipated that such information will be
transmitted within five working days of its receipt by a responsible agency.
(2) Information to be provided by the responsible agencies shall include copies
of relevant reports received through the reporting procedures after the effective date
of this Agreement, and such other information and interpretation as the responsible
agency might consider appropriate.
(3) Nothing herein shall be construed to require transmission to the other re
sponsible agency of information, the disclosure of which is prohibited by law, or of
information which, in the judgment of the responsible agency, is proprietary infor
mation.
Article HI. The responsible agencies shall consult with a view to developing
compatible reporting formats, and to improving procedures for the exchange of in
formation.
Article IV. In addition to the exchange of information pursuant to Article II
of this Agreement, each Party agrees to notify and to fully inform the other concern
ing any weather modification activities of mutual interest conducted by it prior to the
commencement of such activities. Every effort shall be made to provide such notice
as far in advance of such activities as may be possible, bearing in mind the provisions
of Article V of this Agreement.
Article V. The Parties agree to consult, at the request of either Party, regard
ing particular weather modification activities of mutual interest. Such consultations
shall be initiated promptly on the request of a Party, and in cases of urgency may be
undertaken through telephonic or other rapid means of communication. Consulta
tions shall be carried out in light of the Parties' laws, regulations, and administrative
practices regarding weather modification.
Article VI. The Parties recognize that extreme emergencies, such as forest
fires, may require immediate commencement by one of them of weather modifica
tion activities of mutual interest notwithstanding the lack of sufficient time for prior
notification pursuant to Article IV, or for consultation pursuant to Article V. In
such cases, the Party commencing such activities shall notify and fully inform the
other Party as soon as practicable, and shall promptly enter into consultations at the
request of the other Party.
Article VII. Nothing herein relates to or shall be construed to affect the ques
tion of responsibility or liability for weather modification activities, or to imply the
existence of any generally applicable rule of international law.
Article VIII. Each Party shall conduct an annual review of this Agreement
while it remains in force, and shall inform the other of its views regarding the Agree
ment's operation and effectiveness and the desirability of its amendment to reflect
the evolution of the science and technology of weather modification and of interna
tional law. The Parties shall meet periodically, by mutual agreement, or at the re
quest of either, to review the implementation of this Agreement or to consider other
issues related to weather modification.
Article IX. This Agreement shall enter into force upon signature. It may be
amended by mutual agreement of the Parties and may be terminated by either Party
upon six months written notice to the other Party.
Vol. 977,1-14202
1975 United Nations — Treaty Series • Nations Unies — Recueil des Traités 391
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the Representatives of the two Governments have signed
this Agreement.
DONE in duplicate at Washington this twenty-sixth day of March 1975 in
English and French, each version being equally authentic.
EN FOI DE QUOI les représentants des deux gouvernements ont signé le présent
Accord.
FAIT en double exemplaire à Washington le vingt-sixième jour de mars 1975 en
anglais et en français, les deux textes faisant également foi.
[Signed — Signé]
JEANNE SAUVÉ
For thé Government of Canada
Pour le Gouvernement du Canada
[Signed — Signé]
CHRISTIAN A. HERTER, Jr.
For thé Government of the United States of America

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Wow
The thought of this going way back to 1975 makes me wonder just how much weather control are they really doing?
34 years is a long time to study it and mess with it.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Sorry, but do you have a point in posting this and starting yet another thread about chemtrails?

The document has whatsoever nothing to do with chemtrails - unless you are finally acknowledging that chemtrails are not visible from the ground in any shape or form?

Weather modification on the other hand is big business in the USA - anyone can pay a firm to cloud seed for them. There's even a weather modification association - founded in 1950!

So I ask again what's the purpose of this thread?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

It's more gobbledygook. ALL it shows is an agreement in principle, but nothing more.

No action taken, just an acknowledgement that climate is of interest to both parties, that also share a large common border.

Heck! It could just be a simple catch-all in case one country near the border seeds some clouds, makes rain, and the rain moves over into the other country, and causes a flood!!!

It's designed to keep the lawyers from suing!!!!!

[edit on 25 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Good point and you might be right.
The thing that caught my attention tho is we have been talking on here about controlling the weather and for me I always figured that was a fairly new thing.
For it to go back to 1975 kinda surprized me and makes me wonder.

You could be right tho...gotta watch out for the lawyers.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Thanks, DrumsRfun

I've repeated Article VI here:

Article VI. The Parties recognize that extreme emergencies, such as forest
fires, may require immediate commencement by one of them of weather modifica
tion activities of mutual interest notwithstanding the lack of sufficient time for prior
notification pursuant to Article IV, or for consultation pursuant to Article V. In
such cases, the Party commencing such activities shall notify and fully inform the
other Party as soon as practicable, and shall promptly enter into consultations at the
request of the other Party.

Note the reference to 'forest fires'. Probably the best way to help control a large fire of that sort would be to (hopefull) induce rain. This is from 1975!!! It's about rain-maiking, NOT "chemtrails".

The OP is just grasping, now.....

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think if any government agency or private company were going to create new legislation that would legalize a activity that could be harmful to the public they would not state that in the legislation for obvious reasons. They always try to sell the legislation to the congress because its a good thing, such as fighting forest fires.

By the way how many times have you heard they were seedind clouds using this legislation to fight forest fires.

This is done every year in our congress for the government and private companies.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Come on, your talking nonses, your just diverting the fact that the sparying IS GOING ON, and by missleading people away fromthat FACT.

You smoke too much of the weed you wack...
You know perfectly well they are messing with the weather, so stop derailing every damn post that have chemtrail in it...

This proves there are being sprayed from planes , chemicals from planes.
Chemical Trail if it suits you better......

And why isnt it used to fight forest fires ? Australia a short while back, spain yester-day. etc... Basacly, your trying to hide the toxins being sprayd, and that is just the work of a nut.. You they spray, yet say other wise on forums..

Dont come here and say it is just in canada and usa , this goes on all over the world......

Essan: even if there is companies modefying weather, they are still spraying chemicals that cause people harm , so if you think that is ok, your a sad person.. REALY... It is like I can shoot you in the face , it is ok cause there is a contract some where.... Uhhhh sick people you !!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Only in a fantasy of other's making is this statement of yours even close to truth:

You know perfectly well they are messing with the weather, so stop derailing every damn post that have chemtrail in it...

This proves there are being sprayed from planes , chemicals from planes.

NOTHING "proves" anything about "spraying" from planes.

EXCEPT what has been on-going for decades --- trying to induce rain in drought-stricken areas, by artificial means. Clouds rain because of particulate nuclei that provide a way for the water vapor to condense, accumulate, and fall as rain. ADDING artificial nuclei hopes to induce rain.

What all of this nonsense does prove is that certain people will believe anything, even when it goes against ALL logic and evidence to the contrary.

99.9% of ALL of these "chemtrail conspiracy" websites and sources are bogus! They are full of mistakes, misleading "facts", misconceptions and in the worst cases, complete lies, in order to sell something to the gullible.

ANY actual spraying that is being done is NO WHERE NEAR the scale asserted by the "chemtrail" websites. There are conversations about the possiblities of using these techniques, but the science is dodgy, and the results inconclusive.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

It is a conspiracy when alot of people in power plan and act out modifications of the weather to justify an global warming scam, it is an conspiracy when Big pharma along with Bio labs makes biological weapons and spread out in the public with the intnent to kill.

Yes, all conspiracies, and they are happening now..
They block sunlight with these sprayings that contain barium wich is damaging for humans immune system, wich is why the swine flu spreads so fast, with vitamins from the sun as well as reduced vitamins via Codex Al. we are sitting ducks for the swine flu, which btw they are planning on using vaccines that are 'infected' with the Flu, yes yes, conspiracies all over, and what they are doing is not in OUR best interest, they didnt ask me if I want to breath that toxic shait they put up there..

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

Essan: even if there is companies modifying weather, they are still spraying chemicals that cause people harm , so if you think that is ok, your a sad person.. REALY... It is like I can shoot you in the face , it is ok cause there is a contract some where.... Uhhhh sick people you !!

Where have I ever said I think cloud seeding is okay? I still question whether it really works that well, but if it does I think we should properly study the implications. IMO China makes their problems worse through their extensive use of cloud seeding.

The fact that in the USA it isn't even government controlled simply raises more concerns. I don't trust American big business to put people ahead of profits

Obviously what some folk call chemtrails are also a form of weather modification - albeit only the creation of high levels clouds which may have a small effect the temperature. Though ironically there seems to have been more research into these than into cloud seeding etc ! Maybe we have our priorities wrong?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I apolagize, I keep loosing my cool on some standard obvies members with seemling an agenda..

How is supp. to work , is that in the case US and Canada, the spray on each others terretory, as they dont have to spray on theyr 'own' populus.

Nice way of getting around, it goes to the moral of the 'crew' of the planes.

Here in europe, mostly nato planes being observed, so ......
I saw two lear jets early one morning,, never see learjets here, yet that morning two at the same spot at the same time, both of them laying trails pretty low over the vally here......

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Wow
The thought of this going way back to 1975 makes me wonder just how much weather control are they really doing?
34 years is a long time to study it and mess with it.

Actually, the first time weather modification was tried was during the 30's, in the dust bowl of the USA. It did not work back then. True scientific studies started in the 40's.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lot's of links from my research. I first started being really interested when I saw a documentary on the history channel which talked about cloud seeding and weather modification.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
I saw two lear jets early one morning,, never see learjets here, yet that morning two at the same spot at the same time, both of them laying trails pretty low over the vally here......

And where is "here"?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

I don't really care for the chemtrails theory but have always wondered if they are messing with the weather.
Since the olympic games in Beijing I saw that they indeed can do some things to modify the weather.
Just how much they can do and what they are doing is the question I would like to have answered.
The idea that it has been researched by people since the forties does add some credence that they might be doing something.
What are they doing and how are they doing it??
Thats what I want to know.

The chemtrail contrail theory has never really struck much of a chord with me so I haven't bothered to look into it and know nothing about it.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I saw two lear jets early one morning,, never see learjets here, yet that morning two at the same spot at the same time, both of them laying trails...

OK...I have to again, call this out. Let me explain...

I will show you just how large a 'Lear Jet' is.

We'll start with the LEAR 35, because it has a military variant:

Learjet 35

Role Business jet
Manufacturer Learjet
First flight 22 August 1973
Status Operational
Primary user United States Air Force
Number built 738
Developed from Learjet 25
The Learjet Model 35 and Model 36 are a series of American multi-role business jets and military transport aircraft. When used by the United States Air Force they carry the designation C-21A.

OK?

NOW, the details:

General characteristics

Crew: two (pilot and co-pilot)
Capacity: 8 passengers and 3,153 lb (1,433 kg) of cargo
Length: 48 ft 7 in (14.71 m)
Wingspan: 39 ft 6 in (11.97m)
Height: 12 ft 3 in (3.71 mm)
Wing area: 253.3ft² (23.53m²)

NOW, note these numbers:

Empty weight: 10,119 lb (4,590kg)
Max takeoff weight: 18,300 lb (8,235 kg)

Powerplant: 2× Garrett TFE731-2-2B turbofan, 3,500 lbf (16kN) each

What does all of this mean? Whe you understand airplanes, and the weights involved, you see just how limited they are in carrying anything "extra"...

Learjet 35A

The Model 35A is an upgraded Model 35 with TFE731-2-2B engines and a range of 2,789 miles, with a fuel capacity of 931 US gallons (3,524 L) with refueling accomplished at ground level through each wingtip tank. It was introduced in 1976, replacing the 35. Over 600 35As were built, with a production line that ended with serial number 677, in 1993.

931 gallons of fuel, maximum, for maximum endurance. Jet fuel weighs about 6.75 pounds/gallon. SO, fuel alone, when full, is 6,284 pounds.

Look at the Empty Weight, above: It is 10,119. ADD fuel, 6,284, and now you're very close to max weight for take-off. You're at 16,403. That leaves less than 2,000 pounds, now, for the two pilots and anything else you wish to carry. JUST HOW MUCH 'SPRAYING' CAN YOU DO??

Here are the Military details:

C-21A

The C-21A is a military variant of the Learjet 35A, with room for eight passengers and 42 ft³ (1.26 m³) of cargo. In addition to its normal role, the aircraft is capable of transporting litters during medical evacuations.

Delivery of the C-21A fleet began in April 1984 and was completed in October 1985. Dyncorp International provides full contractor logistics support at seven worldwide locations.

There are 38 Air Force active duty aircraft, and 18 Air National Guard aircraft in the C-21A fleet. On 1 April 1997, all continental U.S.-based C-21As were realigned under Air Mobility Command, with the 375th Airlift Wing at Scott Air Force Base, Illinois, as the lead command. C-21As stationed outside the continental United States are assigned to the theater commanders.

Source

(tags)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

(copy paste from a previous posting of mine) The major types of weather modification that are currently in use or under study include cloud seeding, frost prevention, fog and cloud dispersal, hurricane modification, hail suppression, and lighting suppression.

Several of the above, such as fog and cloud dispersal is used at many of the major airports in the USA.

You can easily google "cloud seeding" and come up with many articles, several Universities in the USA have programs that study cloud seeding.

Follow the link in my previous post, I added multiple links in regards to this issue.

I don't believe that cloud seeding takes place from commercial airlines, but I know that cloud seeding itself takes place.

From what I can find it is not hidden, it is done pretty much openly and even remarked about in newspapers when it is happening, sometimes. I think it is just that most people, as I used to be, are not even aware of the concept.

So, cloud seeding does take place, it is not hidden either, and it does not take place from commercial airlines. At least I don't believe it does. Now from what I understand the military does still have its own research taking place, so I would imagine that the military has its own airplanes that they use for this.

Though sometimes it is done in mountainous zones to increase the snow pack, and they do not use airplanes for this, they just spray it up into the air from a big machine.

Google news has many articles in regards to cloud seeding, an interesting one I found discussed how China used cloud seeding during the Olympics.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Hay weedshacker, I agree with you that cloud seeding does not take place from commercial airlines, or in general military.

Do you believe that cloud seeding takes place at all? Just curious, as I have really just started looking into this myself after I saw a documentary on the history channel which talked about cloud seeding.

Another question for those who look into this subject. What is it, that makes you believe in "chemtrails" in and of itself, when the subject of cloud seeding and weather control is not a hidden subject, nor kept secret in and of itself.

When also universities in the USA and other countries have departments that study controlling the weather and even do experiments in regards to this issue. I am also aware of many ski resorts that use cloud seeding to bring in more snow, the generators are on the ground, below I added some links to some pictures of the generators. As well as many news articles talking about areas that are in drought using cloud seeding as a way to bring in more rain.

Just curious and not trying to be contrary here, just curious.

google images cloud seeding generator and you will find lots of pictures.

contrailscience.com...
cloud seeding generators

www.nawcinc.com...

www.thredbo.com.au...

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Back in 1982 i picked up a small turboprop in Canada and flew it over to Thief River Falls where we used it for training purposes all summer.

That plane had been used for cloud seeding, and this is what a cloud seeding rack looks like:

Most people will understand that this has nothing at all to do with so called chemtrails.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Do you believe that cloud seeding takes place at all?

Of course! I've heard about it for decades. 'Cloud seeding' to hopefully induce rain.

What has taken on a sort of "Chicken Little" quality is the claims of widespread global 'spraying' of "poison". That would be illogical, as anything at high altitude is virtually uncontrollable, in terms of targeting accuracy.

There are such conflicting "theories" though, among the 'chemtrail' hoaxers, it confuses the issue. They jump from 'poison' to 'weather control' to 'global warming' to 'HAARP' and back again.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of people who lack the technical knowledge to sift through the claims properly, with a logical and scientific focus.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join