It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disk Shaped UFO Over Snowdonia 24/07/2009

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

Gosh that thread took some reading! It was fascinating though.

I'm curious. What are your thoughts on the object a year after the event? Have you discounted the raindrop explanation completely?

Also, what did Timothy Good say exactly when he responded to your email and has anyone else passed comment on it?

Yikes! That's a hell of a lot of questions! My apologies.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star

Gosh that thread took some reading! It was fascinating though.

I'm curious. What are your thoughts on the object a year after the event? Have you discounted the raindrop explanation completely?

Also, what did Timothy Good say exactly when he responded to your email and has anyone else passed comment on it?

Yikes! That's a hell of a lot of questions! My apologies.

Thanks for taking the time to read through!

I still think that this disk/object is not a raindrop so I guess I am discounting the raindrop theory.

Timothy Good sent a me a short email stating the objects that appear to be in the sky look like raindrops on the window (to the left of the image) and that they haven't changed their relative position between the two shots (I sent him both pictures). He goes on to say that the much darker object appearing to be close to the small peak on the right, however, is certainly not a raindrop. He says it might be a ufo but ideally one would need more information.

I emailed a few more people and the majority didnt think it was a raindrop.

What is your opinion if I may ask, do you think its a raindrop?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
What is your opinion if I may ask, do you think its a raindrop?

You know, that is a very difficult question but I've had a splendid time scouring over the photo's and image analysis!

It is hard not to be influenced by all the evidence presented that this is a raindrop, but I have tried to look at it as objectively as possible and I have noticed a couple of things that go against this theory.

Firstly, the object looks like it has a rim - it looks like it has two tiers. There appears to be a wide outer ring to it and a raised inner section if you see what I mean (I can be pretty bad at explaining myself!). It looks like quite a lot of other flying saucer pictures I have seen where raindrops were not given as a possible explanation.

Secondly, it seems to me that the object is too sharply defined to be a raindrop. Also you would expect a bit of opaqueness to it if it were a water droplet and I don't see that here.

Anyway, those are my amateurish observations! To be honest, I don't know if it's a raindrop or not but I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility that it is a genuine UFO.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

Well I appreciate that you took the time to go over this thread, so thankyou.

I agree that the object does seem to have structure to it, when I first zoomed in I remember thinking that it looked like a military tank (kind of) and I also noticed a raised inner section with port holes (Im not too good at explaining myself either :-)

A single photograph can never really be proof unless one or many witnesses see the object but on the other hand hard to disprove also so long as there is no evidence of tampering or manipulation.

I'm still waiting in hope that someone comes forward and says they have seen the same or perhaps photographed the same object because in my heart I truly do not believe that it is a raindrop!

Thanks again :-)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Hey! Thank you for providing the wonderful photo!

Now I've posted in your thread I'm automatically subscribed to it, and like yourself, I will be very interested if somewhere down the line somebody posts with further developments.

Perhaps the case isn't closed on this one.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Clear and sharp saucer UFO photos are very few and rare theses days , and this is a nice one) [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab8cdec77387.jpg[/atsimg]
Thank you OP)
Also here is a sighting that I have found that sounds very much like this from ASpril 2009 www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

edit on 27-9-2010 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

No problem!

Hopefully see you here again in the near future then :-)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Thankyou for the picture, really makes the detail stand out!

Yes I read that report a while back and posted a link on that page to this thread just in case

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

That's a really good picture bluemooone2.

It shows up exactly what I thought I saw from staring at the thing for so long.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The disc does not look to be a rain-drop to me! With the saucer hovering so close to the mountains, it would have been rough to see this while taking the picture. Unfortunately there isn't enough information to go on, so what we have here is a good UFO photo and a awesome thread
The new blown-up photo is nice to have as well!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rudeboyrave

Agreed, it would have been very hard to spot! I took this picure on the way to Snowdon, purely out of excitement from seeing the first range before we arrived. It was a quick shot out of the window while chatting, not planned, just spontaneous.

I climbed another mountain last week and took a few pictures, nothing unusual in them but I did catch a raindrop on the window ;-)

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join