It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome - US Drones Taking Out Top Al-Qaeda Operatives!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You should believe me. There are always going to be some sub population of any group of people that are either delusional or just dumbasses, so saying there is like .0001% of each of these groups believies it was a conpiracy is not really that unexpected. I just think anyone who wouldnt be happy that some terrorists died should bite me.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Sit down, you all.

Ready?

George W, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Condaleeza, et al.

I leave the rest to the imagination.

OPERATION KISS OUR BUTTS.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread is still going, and yeah, Grapes, that you are still allowed to post.
Just kidding....or Am I?

Here we go with the 'terrorist' thing again...when FEMA teaches it's folks that our founding fathers were terrorists, that demonstrators are terrorists....should we be happy if they got, or get killed as well?

Cone on, Grapes. Not much sense in keeping an argument alive just to prove you can't be wrong.

I love ya, man, but still with the 'death to terrorists' thing?

'since' to 'sense'

[edit on 26-7-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Your just another arm chair general, cracking open a beer and high fiving your buddies as you see Americas military might smash up the 3rd world on fox.
You seem to forget that all those being killed have families who will become the next generation of terrorists. For every Target they get remember the innocent ones caught up, having their towns and villages destroyed by a drone controlled by some geek behind a computer.

It doesnt create terrorists if you give them the proper butt kicking that they need. You beat the other side down until they know not to mess with you again. Just ask the Japanese how it works.

Doing it all half assed like we are, propably will create more terrorists, but if we blew the living hell out of them and took the chain off of Israel then I doubt anyone would have the will left to become a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I agree we havent learned from the past. We seemed to know how to get the job done in WW2. The whole country stood up and fought or did their part to support the fight.

We beat the living hell out of the Japanese even before the atomic bomb. We fired bombed tokyo and everything else. That is how a war is won, not by saying you are setting people free and that they are your friends.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Are you kidding?

I mean really?

Your whole answer to fix the world is violence and letting Israel "Off It's Chain"?

Wow, that's simply stunning insight on your part.

Beat them down until they know whose boss eh?

Grapesoft, I usually enjoy your posts, they are usually wise and intelligent, however this rhetoric you've shown over "terrorists" is simply making you look like a donkey's BEhind.

Violence only breeds more violence friend. I can't sit here and tell you, that all the "terrorists" are made up, I can't because, I DON"T KNOW, to tell you the truth I don't know much of anything.

And neither do you friend. You can't sit here and tell us with conviction that what you say is right, because all your answer is comprised of is Educated Opinion. That's it.

I suggest you do more studying into warfare, and figure out that it's never helped settle anything, that couln't be settled with diplomacy. You will see that ANY conflict not being led by corporations can be resolved peacefully.

~keeper

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Look you dont see the Japanese running around causing problems anymore do you? It is because they received proper discipline.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by Kram09

I agree we havent learned from the past. We seemed to know how to get the job done in WW2. The whole country stood up and fought or did their part to support the fight.

We beat the living hell out of the Japanese even before the atomic bomb. We fired bombed tokyo and everything else. That is how a war is won, not by saying you are setting people free and that they are your friends.

Actually you guys did pretty pitifull in WW2 compared to the rest of the alliance, history has a strange way of making you guys look really cool when really you werent. On top of that had it not been for one incident, you all would have stayed out of the war and kept selling weapons to both sides as you were doing.

Second of all you just wanted to test a new toy, and if people had known the devasting effects of what happenned in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, then that event probably never would have taken place.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Yeah you Canadians really kicked some ass in WW2.

Look, if it wasnt for the good ole US of A you Canadians would all be speaking Russian.

[edit on 7/26/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Why cant we all just agree that the only good terrorist is the one that blows up before he gets around a crowd of people.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Are you for real Grapes? Are you just playing devils advocate? I mean do you really think like you are making out you do?

I got another thing you should know, taking your current "basis" for your arguments. The Bombing of Pearl Harbour was known about aswell by your loving government!

Why do you Americans even bother with early warning systems and intelligence?
Or maybe they are just fighting your invisible enemies all the time and they just let a few through the net?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

If you had any actual knowledge of the World Wars, instead of the watered down version they give you in your school systems, then you'd know that we played a vital part, and were feared by German Soldiers in WW2 and the Russians were terrified of us in WW1.

Here are a few examples of our contributions.

Within three months an entire division of the new Canadian Active Service Force had been transported to the United Kingdom, and an agreement had been announced for a British Commonwealth Air Training Plan to be centered in Canada. This project alone trained more than 131,000 aircrew personnel for the Commonwealth.

Canada contributed 72,800 pilots, navigators, aerial gunners and bombardiers, and flight engineers. These Canadians saw service in almost every theater of war. The Royal Canadian Navy was increased from fewer than a dozen vessels to more than 400.

It served primarily as an antisubmarine and convoy force in the North Atlantic. Some of its units were deployed from time to time as far away as the Mediterranean and the Pacific.

Early in 1945 the Canadians were withdrawn from Italy to permit reunification of the Canadian Army in northwestern Europe. The climax of the war had already come, however, with the Normandy landings in June 1944, in which the Canadian Army played an important part. I

nstrumental in the capture of Caen, which followed, the Canadians won another major victory in the closing of the Falaise gap later the same summer. In the costly and difficult battle of the Scheldt estuary that autumn, the Canadians cleared the sea passage to Antwerp, already in Allied hands.

In the bitter battle along the Hochwald Ridge in February 1945, Canadian losses were extremely heavy. This battle opened the final attack across the Rhine, which was a prelude to the unconditional surrender by Germany on May 7, 1945.

Source

As with World War 1, Canadians were not only considered expert and professional soldiers, they were feared by the Germans as an omen of impending attack. The Canadian forces were relied upon to provide defence on the high seas and over Britain, and to spearhead assaults for major battles. Once again Canadians had proved themselves on the battlefield and fought ferociously to win every battle they were engaged in.

Around 1.1 million Canadians served in WWII, including 106,000 in the Royal Canadian Navy and 200,000 in the Royal Canadian Air Force.

During 1939-45 hundreds of thousands of Canadians - more than 40 per cent of the male population between the ages of 18 and 45, and virtually all of them volunteers - enlisted.

Source

So yeah, we did our fair share friend. Did you know we also coined the term Peace Keeping? And that we are the original Blue Berrets?

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft[/i

Look, if it wasnt for the good ole US of A you Canadians would all be speaking Russian.

So you are joking?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

Actually, I am not joking about the original OP. I do believe it is a great day when any terrorists dies before they harm anyone from my country.

I dont understand all of this anti-war crap in the middle of us being attacked by a bunch of terrorists. They are a threat to the whole Western way of life.

Sure in a perfect world if we could all get along then I would be anti-war too, but being a realist I believe that if someone threatens you it is your job to beat them down until they are no longer a threat to anyone. The enemies will must be broken by any means necessary.

I also believe if we are some how breeding terrorism in these countries by defending ourselves then we need to either redefine the war or just start blowing the hell out of any other countries containing people that are harboring the same belief system as these terrorists.

I think ole Rummie had it right when he wanted to invade Syria and Iran when we invaded Iraq. I am pretty sure if we did this war in Iraq would already be over.

That and we need to take the gloves off of our soldiers and let them fight instead of making be half war machine half humanitarian. You can be as humanitarian as you want after you have broken the enemies will, but not a moment sooner.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Yeah you Canadians really kicked some ass in WW2.

Well let's see the proof of that?

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I always shake my head at how these threads can always get boiled down into a dicking contest about World War Two.

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Actually you guys did pretty pitifull in WW2 compared to the rest of the alliance, history has a strange way of making you guys look really cool when really you werent.

Really? Pretty pitiful? That's rich. The US was providing weapons and materiel to the majority of the Allies in WW2.

Everyone had their "good" battles and their "bad battles". Somedays you count the meat, somedays the meat will count you.

Also, read up on the history of the Pacific War. Not too many of the Allies going ashore at Guadalcanal, Peleliu, Iwo or Okinawa. That was pretty much a US show.

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Second of all you just wanted to test a new toy, and if people had known the devasting effects of what happenned in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, then that event probably never would have taken place.

The US knew of the effects of the Atomic Bombs when they dropped them. We just wanted the war to end quickly without invading Mainland Japan. Check out the projected casuality figures for the Allies and for the Japanese.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I do believe it is a great day when any terrorists dies before they harm anyone from my country.

And if you changed the word terrorists in that sentance to american soldier and the add "Allah ackar" on the end.......

So you see how you are like someone supporting terrorists.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Well I will let you answer that for yourself. How many nuclear weapons does Canada have... and how many did the former USSR have?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

I see the similarities. This is what war is about. Two groups of people have ideological differences that they cant work out by diplomacy. So the next step is war. I never said I was better than a terrorist. We are just two groups of people with a disagreement on how the world should be. That is why I want my side to win.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Grasping at straws to make a point are we?

Well it seems it's what you do in order to garner attention for yourself.

I'm going to leave your childish ideas behind and go have some intelligent conversation with people who are actually informed about the subject they are talking about.

Enjoy.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join