It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth is... I'm new.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'll be the first to admit, i've never joined a message board. This is numero uno for me, and if I phrased that wrong, feel free to correct me. I'm a generally outgoing person, but my lovely sarcastic nature sometimes impedes me. I'm not generally offensive, I just love to disagree.

I grew up in a really small town in the US, and when I say really small you'll just have to take it on faith that I know what I'm talking about. I'm sure plenty have come from smaller, yet i'm also sure that what most think is small is actually rather big compared to the little honky tonk I grew up in.

So now you got a general idea about where i'm from, you can make your assumptions of where I might be from, you may be right you may be wrong.
Anyways, I don't know what else to say other then.. Hey guess what I am new and I have no idea what to put here.

So a few quick little tid bits about my personality.
I am sarcastic, or at least I can be, which may lead to bluntness. I'm not offensive, I just decide on a personal whim to say what is the truth. If you don't believe it, that's your choice, and I respect you for it.
I am a nice person.
I do like randomness. There is nothing better then random discussions with a purpose, does that make sense? Yeah it doesn't to me either, but you can kind of pick up on what I'm talking about right?
Okay with that said, I'll also admit I'm kinda shy about this, because... I'm still in the realm of, I have no idea what I'm doing.

So untill next time. Peace

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Welcome, grab a beer, kick up your feet and enjoy the show.

Oh, use a coaster please, my wife is weird about that.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Welcome.

We share many traits. I love sarcasm. (yawn) It is an art unto itself...not.

Randomness, a huge fav.

I am glad you are here and look forward to exchanging ideas, with a few pokes along the way.

As I'm sure you already know, expressing thoughts and beliefs here can get intense. Often, the same sentence can mean different things since there is no tone or inflection.

I find the little Emoticon things can be helpful to diffuse harshness and clarify intent.

I am glad you're here.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Welcome WorkofFiction!

No worries with sarcasm, just don't stoop to the sorrowful level of femto-snarkism -- that is unforgivable.

y'hava good time, here, hear?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS ... hopefully your time spent here will prove to be a rewarding one !

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Welcome
. I am also new to the forums. Although I have used message boards before, this is a whole new experience and you will learn massive amounts of knowledge without having to dedicate too much time. May i ask what brought your attention to the site? Do you have an interest in a specific subject or just in general?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. If you need anything just go to the front desk and ask.

This is the first message board i have joined too. The only one. I am also
sarcastic.
I hope you enjoy your stay, come back anytime.

What do u guys think of the black text, some one told me it was easier to read, and i like it better.

-Shadow

top topics

join