It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tarot Card Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The future may be in the tarot cards. The rulers of the world believe in it, as well as create it. Let me explain:

Let's start with the federal reserve: 1914 (well, the very end of 1913) = "The Fool"

each of the major arcana = 5.5 years, so to give examples:

"The Lovers" = post WW2 baby-boom

"The Hermit" = Hippies

"The Devil" + "The Falling Tower" = 1991 to 2002 (remember 9/11/01)

"The Star" = Obama (think "hope", "change", "faith", "optimism")

Dec. 21, 2012 = "The Moon" (unforeseen changes)

and the last 2 cards, "Judgment" and "The World" are really creepy to me:

it's creepy because it implies that there will be "judgment" (WW3?) before "The World" is completely controlled, but none of that starts until 2024 anyway, so i'm not too worried yet.

has anyone ever thought of this?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What spread did you use? Did you purposefully only use the major cards, or is that how they were laid out?

Or, as it seems, did you just give a modern representation to the cards themselves? If that's the case, how would you define the inverse?

It's one thing to design your own cards, but putting thought behind it is something else.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I wasnt aware that the "rulers of the world" believed in or use tarot cards

how do you know this, im not familiar with tarot cards, could you give a link to some info on it.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hmmm. Interesting hypothesis. I hadn't thought of looking at the past century that way.

I would think The Magus (I in my deck) would apply better to the Fed than The Fool (0). Skill. Wisdom. Cunning. Deceit. Theft. Occult power. Messages. Business transactions.

And the last 2 cards in my deck are:

The Aeon (XX): Final decision concerning the past. New current for the future. Always represents the taking of a definite step.

The Universe (XXI): The essence of the question itself. Synthesis. The end of the matter. Delay. Opposition. Inertia. Perseverance. Patience. The crystallization of the whole matter involved.

My deck is Crowley's Thoth. Meanings are from the mini booklet. Longer answers are in The Book of Thoth, which I also have. I just thought I'd add a bit of info for you from another deck.

Oh. My husband kind of dared me to pull a single card for Obama one time a couple months ago and I pulled the Six of Disks (Success card): Gain in material things. Power. Influence. Nobility. Philanthropy. Somewhat dreamy and transitory situation.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

Thoth is the only deck I use. Period.

I've been drawing The Tower in at least 90% of all spreads that I've done for the past 7 years. Not like that's weird or anything.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I've used a Thoth deck for like six teen years, I attune better with them. Hey eMachine whats this you say about The Book Of Thoth?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

I said I have it, that's all.

It has much longer interpretations for the cards. Especially the Trumps, very long sometimes. Also explains other stuff like the Tetragrammaton (not to me though, way over my head), the Tree of Life, and Behavior of the Tarot (specific method to read the deck) which I never even saw til just now.

My ex-boyfriend bought it for me after I bought the deck like 8 years ago. I almost never bring out the 'big book' if (rarely) I pull cards for friends. I definitely recommend having it and using it in one's own personal readings.

By the way, Crowley says:

"It is important to study very thoroughly, and meditate upon, this Book, in order to appreciate the spiritual, moral, and material events which have marked the catastrophic transition from the Aeon of Osiris. The time for the birth of an Aeon seems to be indicated by great concentration of political power with the accompanying improvements in the means of travel and communication, with a general advance in philosophy and science, with a general need for consolidation in religious thought. It is very instructive to compare the events of the five hundred years preceding and following the crisis of approximately 2,000 years ago, with those similar periods centred in 1904 of the old era. It is a thought far from comforting to the present generation, that 500 years of Dark Ages are likely to be upon us. But, if the analogy holds, that is the case. Fortunately, to-day we have brighter torches and more torch-bearers."

- About the Aeon card, Page 116, The Book of Thoth

The emphasis is mine. Disclaimer: I don't take Crowley particularly seriously, and I do not 'believe' in using the cards to foretell the future in any manner. But you can if you want. I'm just offering what I have.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

Thank you for that info!
Never saw much info on that particular tarot deck. Gonna have to get me a copy!

new topics

top topics

join