It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange! Humans Glow in Visible Light

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Strange! Humans Glow in Visible Light

The human body literally glows, emitting a visible light in extremely small quantities at levels that rise and fall with the day, scientists now reveal.

The researchers found the body glow rose and fell over the day, with its lowest point at 10 a.m. and its peak at 4 p.m., dropping gradually after that. These findings suggest there is light emission linked to our body clocks, most likely due to how our metabolic rhythms fluctuate over the course of the day.

This is a really interesting article regarding light that all humans give off naturally. Could this be the scientific proof of an individuals aura? And it's interesting to me as it states that it is linked to the bodies metabolism. Maybe eating right is exactly what people need to raise their auras or become more aware or unlock some hidden potential.

Also interesting I found this on Yahoo along with the following story previously posted at an earlier time: Facts on Foods That Speed Up Metabolism

Could there be something here that their trying to tell us?

EDIT: I orginally came across the first article on a yahoo page as well for those wondering why I am linking the two.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Is it time according to your timezone you glow or time by UTC meaning everyone glows at the same time ?

It's interesting though, could it have any connection to those pyschics who have been seeing "auras" around people for ages ?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
My metabolism is abnormally fast. I need a really steady and regular diet not to lose weight. And if I don't eat for a couple of hours I start getting dizzy and have strong headaches.

What would that mean in terms of light that my body emits? If there is any connection...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

I also have an abnormaly fast metabolism, although I constantly eat and sometimes more unhealthy than not,
I always hover constantly at a sustained weight level. It was more intense when I excercised more frequently yet even when I cut back my excercising and workouts too an extent I still have to constantly eat throughout the day. Even when I eat abnormal amounts of food for a week or two like on vacation it really has very limited affect on me.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

Exactly the same here.
So do you figure that has anything to do with our "aura"/awareness?
I'd guess that it probably does since we are kind of forced to pay attention to ourselves.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

I am constantly paying attention to myself and to things like breathing, heartbeat, ect. . . I'm not worrying but it's like I'm always aware of those things and I don't know why. All my friends are so oblivious to themselves it makes me question why I am so aware of myself.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Ha, maybe those so called one in a million metabolisms aren't so rare.

I can eat as much of anything that want, I never gain weight, never have.
In fact, I've lost a few pounds recently...

I don't know what the hell that could possibly have to do with emitting light tho.....you guys are nuts.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Did you even read the article? I'm not saying what I have is rare, I was just stating the fact that I had a fast metabolism. This article lists the light being emitted by our body to having a direct relationship to the metabolism. Now we are only theorizing on what this could imply.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Interesting post.

Perhaps this is an indication of one's aura.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I see an analogy to the early researches of Willhelm Reich. One of his first Experiments was to watch people in a very dark room. And what did he see? A lightly flowy glowin....!
At base of deez Experiments he "invented" the Orgon Energy for what he was killed for...
isnt it a silly irony that now the sientists pull out this old theory?
couldn´t they see it fifty years ago? or won´t they!?
maybe its an effort of the 2012- thing? (higher concensness)
maybe its time to disclose this, before the people see itself...
and get more angry about the sience who leads us into this f#$*in situation....

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It's strange that Choi didn't mention the Kirlian Effect, first noticed by Tesla and investigated by Kirlian. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing, just a different way of observing the effect.
kirlianresearch.com...
Looks like the old Ready Brek ads were spot on

[edit on 22-7-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The article in question says that we glow in two forms of light...invisible wave lengths and visible ones...

It gives credence to the whole notion of aura's.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It actually is quite exciting and shines light on alot of old theories that were thought to have been laid to rest or silenced. The interesting thing is the fact that this all relates to all of the "light beings" so-called mumbo jumbo that constantly is brought up on this site. Maybe someone came so close to the truth or hit the nail right on that someone (TPTB, Illuminati, ect. . .?), somewhere had to come up with numerous, gigantic crazy theories, that would have spawned from the truth but would be so interwoven with lies that it couldn't be heard. It also makes me think the possibility of such disinformation agents are now plausible in the wake of this new found discovery.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The headaches from not eating in over two hours may be related to hypoglycemia. Do you guys get headaches when you consume sugar-rich foods?

Not to be alarming, but I think the reason you guys are so sensitive to bodily changes is because something may be out of whak a bit. I'm thinking low digestion enzyme levels may be related. If you don't produce enough stomach acid, the undigested foods enter the small intestine and pathogenic bacteria go to work feeding on it and multiply rapidly. You don't get enough of your nutrients, and may be getting hungry more often as a result of that as well. Do you guys have gastrointestinal problems like diarrhea, constipation, and/or bloating?

I'm not a professional, just know what I went through in the past. Just my .02c

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I remember once when I was studying photography I played with my late wife until she was close to orgasm then I took photos of her using black and white inferred film...she positively glowed.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Haha wow a little too much information. . .

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Could this possibly explain why some people can see others "Auras"?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
From the same article:

Past research has shown that the body emits visible light, 1,000 times less intense than the levels to which our naked eyes are sensitive. In fact, virtually all living creatures emit very weak light, which is thought to be a byproduct of biochemical reactions involving free radicals.

I'm having a hard time grasping how this could have any sort of spiritual significance. Are you suggesting that increased bio-luminance is related to an increase in consciousness

Free radicals damage...is it that a rise in consciousness would cause increased electrical activity which quenches the free radicals?

If this is so, have their been any studies which show increased bio-luminance in masters of TM, or other spiritual practices? If not, wouldn't this just be antioxidants interacting with free radicals causing very minute light emissions?

This article is interesting, but doesn't seem to say all too much. Just opens up more questions yet to be explored, I think.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
The headaches from not eating in over two hours may be related to hypoglycemia. Do you guys get headaches when you consume sugar-rich foods?

Not to be alarming, but I think the reason you guys are so sensitive to bodily changes is because something may be out of whak a bit. I'm thinking low digestion enzyme levels may be related. If you don't produce enough stomach acid, the undigested foods enter the small intestine and pathogenic bacteria go to work feeding on it and multiply rapidly. You don't get enough of your nutrients, and may be getting hungry more often as a result of that as well. Do you guys have gastrointestinal problems like diarrhea, constipation, and/or bloating?

I'm not a professional, just know what I went through in the past. Just my .02c

I don't think thats whats happening.
This is something I had my entire life.
And I have always been a "good #ter".

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

Actually my point in telling that little story to highlight the fact that the inferred light we radiate is clearly visible in both film and special glasses like night vision goggles so it is not so much of a stretch to think that we give off visible light as well...

It wouldn't surprise me one iota if it was discovered that we give off ultra violet light as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join