It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you had a Bardo experience and visited the Akashic Records?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Ok lets start again!

I came across this web site and found it quite interesting. The AKASHIC RECORDS are always of interest but I had never heard of the BARDO experience and wondered if any one had or even better remembered a BARDO experience of their own between lives? It seems to be a place those that die with negative karma and a connection to the light are able to go to after death. It seems its not a place those with karma upon death can access .

THE BARDO EXPERIENCE

The Soul departing a lifetime with negative KARMA will journey to the Hall of Akashic Records for a life review during its BARDO experience. There you will be confronted with picture images from your life just left and be held accountable for your actions. This journey may also be made while in body by accessing memories in the Subconscious Mind during past-life regression therapy (26) to clear energy blocks and begin to dissolve Karma through forgiveness and repentance before it makes the Bardo journey a necessary part of your death experience. It is much less pleasant to deal with the Bardo than with a competent hypnotherapist in this life.

www.beyondtheveil.net...

BARDO

Between two states; the experiences which occur in the period of time when one is dying (to the physical world) and being reborn (to the etheric world); a twilight state of very real events to the dying person.

This goes beyong astral projections to the Akashic Records , this is an actual stage a dying person is able to go through if their soul is aware enough. This site says we will spend 3 days in this BARDO reading the Akashic Records. Three days as pure consciousness in the Akashic Records is a long time, this must mean some remember this experience. Many remember past lives, but how many remember the time between lives I wonder?

After the SILVER CORD breaks, freeing the Soul from its physical form, the average person's Soul spends three days in a death trance or the Bardo. This is a transitional state of reality and you may not yet be truly aware you are dead. Each Soul will be faced with a unique personal experience based on the life its physical form lived. At first, you will not be under the control of your KARMA and the shadow show of your THOUGHT-FORMS will not have started. You may still be hovering around your physical form, seeing and hearing everything that is going on. Gradually though, shadowy images will begin to appear. Early in the experience, you will see visions resulting from the good you did in your life; good thoughts, acts of kindness and compassion, humanitarian and spiritual work. Gradually you will move on to darker experiences, reflecting the bad, the cruel, the inhumane, the depravity. You may not only view scenes, but take part in them.

What is important to remember is that the Bardo experience takes place in consciousness. It is all a reflection of your thoughts and, while it may seem frightening at first, you won't be harmed. The death Bardo is like wandering around a picture gallery. Each picture presents a scene from your life and you will see yourself at your best and your worst. You get to watch the true nature of your being unfold and experience the full impact of your actions on others and on yourself.

Reading the above it sounds like the event after the tunnel, the death experience many see in a NDE.

I dont remember this BARDO experience, do you? Does this mean Ive never been, or just forgot? I read once that upon reincarnation all memories of previous lives/inbetween lives are lost, or at least thats the idea but I know many remember past lives still.

May I thank all those current members who posted in the original thread. This is a fascinating subject and it would be a shame for the select few to ruin it for the many. I invite you all to post again.

many thanks

MG

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Wasn't there a movie about this with Meryll Streep?

I will look for it!

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

I am not sure what happened to the other thread and why it was removed. But I am glad you restarted. Even though I really have nothing to contribute I found the information really interesting. Stuff like this is why I come to ATS, and I hope this time this thread won't get ruined.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by testrat

I am not sure what happened to the other thread and why it was removed. But I am glad you restarted. Even though I really have nothing to contribute I found the information really interesting. Stuff like this is why I come to ATS, and I hope this time this thread won't get ruined.

Thanks. Like you I find everything like this very interesting. I too have no direct experience of The Bardo or the Akashic records which is why its so fascinating hearing from people who have ( mainly from NDE and intense meditation) . I hope the genuine experiencers will return and post.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Thank you for re-posting this thread. When I was learning about the Bardo experience it was taught to me as a preparation of the physical body for death and the easiest way for the soul to leave the body. I was taught to face the dying (moving to the next dimension) persons body to the East, and burn incense (possibly sage I think), and burn an orange candle, and play soft relaxing music, and encourage the person to say any regrets or confessions as a way of purging their soul so they would not leave this world with unfinished business still in their conscious mind. They could then leave in peace. I didn't realise the Bardo is the place in between incarnations where you do the life review part before deciding what experiences you'll have in your next incarnation.
I have had an experience where I did leave my body and went backwards and upwards really fast through a tunnel of stars and up, up past the top of the universe, passed the line of existence until I became a dot and then disappeared altogether. When I no longer existed I was surrounded by light and the light communicated to me "love", I felt this love and I knew everything is "all one" everything is connected in the same energy field of existence. I didn't want to come back because it was the 'home' I have been searching for all my life, but I was communicated to that it wasn't my time and I was to come back and do my work.
When I came back down into my body I couldn't remember how to breathe and my mind panicked, and then I did remember how to breathe "make your stomach move up and down" and took a big gasp of air in and choked. I am not afraid of that farce they call 'death'. Its the most beautiful thing.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The bardo experience as you call it is a tibetin buddhist belief. To my knowledge they do not believe it is an experience you have and come back to talk about. You die and are reborn,. The buddhists believe in many bardos. There is a death bardo were you go to an inbetween state before moving on to the next reincarnation of your soul or to the next plane of existense which is the goal.

Look up tibetin buddhism. Only reason i know any of this is because i work in a hospital and we had a buddhist patient dying and the family came in and we had strict instructions not to do this or to not do that. One thing was we couldnt touch the body. A buddhist monk came and they did there thing so we got curious and looked this tuff up.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwitina948

Thank you for re-posting this thread.

Thank you also for re reading and posting.

I didn't realise the Bardo is the place in between incarnations where you do the life review part before deciding what experiences you'll have in your next incarnation.
I have had an experience where I did leave my body and went backwards and upwards really fast through a tunnel of stars and up, up past the top of the universe, passed the line of existence until I became a dot and then disappeared altogether. When I no longer existed I was surrounded by light and the light communicated to me "love", I felt this love and I knew everything is "all one" everything is connected in the same energy field of existence. I didn't want to come back because it was the 'home' I have been searching for all my life, but I was communicated to that it wasn't my time and I was to come back and do my work.
When I came back down into my body I couldn't remember how to breathe and my mind panicked, and then I did remember how to breathe "make your stomach move up and down" and took a big gasp of air in and choked. I am not afraid of that farce they call 'death'. Its the most beautiful thing.

this sounds like a wonderful experience. It is a problem when we are shown the light , its love is so complete we dont ever want to leave it. ive not had a NDE but I have connected to a very loving light like you describe. For a while all I wanted was to be with it, I didnt want to be here at all really, just with the light. The problem with this is we cant get on with our lives as we should. This is maybe why people are not meant to feel the light until it is time. NDEs are different because people come back with a new zest for life because they are very aware that they nearly died.

Your right, it feels like the place you have been searching for all your life, you find it and then you have to come back down to Earth. I have accepted now that I must not seek this light as I did because I am on Earth with tasks to complete , but the memory of the love within the light is a wonderful one.

I too have been told All Is One.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1
The bardo experience as you call it is a tibetin buddhist belief.

Yes its mentioned in The Tibetan and Egyptian books of the Dead. They state the soul is all we are, it projected us into being, which in turn was projected into being by the source. Our soul is us existing at a higher frequency, it wishes to learn, the source wishes us to learn and I think this is maybe the whole idea behind a Bardo experience within the Akashic Records. To review our life, to learn and to plan new tests for our next incarnation.

The Tibetan Book of the Dead is

recognition, by seeing and hearing, that hallucinations are apparitional appearances from one's own thoughts, which sets one free into Reality. The aim of Bardo Thodol teaching is to cause the Dreamer to awaken into Reality, free from karmic illusions, in a state beyond phenomena. (25)

In The Egyptian Book of the Dead, the Soul is defined as that part of man which beyond all doubt was believed to enjoy an eternal existence in heaven in a state of glory.(8) Esoterically, Soul is the condensed intelligence in every atom which is conscious of its intelligence, has knowledge of its function, has knowledge of Totality in its entirety, and has the capacity to remember all the frequencies it has vibrated in. (1) Your Soul projected you into matter. Your Soul was projected by an OverSoul or Divine Spirit, your Higher or Greater Self, your Source. Your Soul is your Subconscious Mind, your inner guide, that which knows all about you. A Soul is not something you have, apart from yourself, it is you at a higher frequency. You are a manifestation of your Soul in the physical, material, third dimension.

www.beyondtheveil.net...

It seems the Bardo is not a finger pointing exercise as to what you did, but more why you did it. This will hopefully show us how different choices next time will lead to a happier life. It seems the Bardo and the information found in the Records is a complete stripping away of all that is not our truth. Our false self died with our body, and with it went our ego. What is left just is the true us and we are to face it and learn.

In the Bardo, it is not so much what you did but why you did it that is reflected. That which you desired most now becomes active. You will be shown your mistakes and how your choices caused you to miss opportunities to lead a better life. If you sought the Light in life, more will be given. If not, even a small portion that may have unfolded, will be lost. If you didn't practice forgiveness on earth, you will learn to in the Bardo for you will not be released from a scene until you forgive or are forgiven. Here you will learn many of the lessons you should have learned while on earth through forgiveness. The faces and forms that appear to you are your own mental content, whether they be sublime or horrific. In either case, they are not real. They are neither to be feared nor glorified. They are merely reflections of your thoughts, but they are part of you and you cannot escape them. You need to accept them as part of you and let them go.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Woa, weird.

This seems to happen alot now. I only recently learn about something, and then something comes up regarding it. Its really strange.

Anyway, the concept of the AR is quite peculiar.

If someone can travel to it, bring something back, i.e knowledge of an event, (from the past or future) then that'd be amazing.

Either way, whenever i learn to willfully astral project, i'm gonna see if i can access the AR.

Good thread.

Jacob

[edit on 23/7/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacobNH

Either way, whenever i learn to willfully astral project, i'm gonna see if i can access the AR.

Good thread.

Jacob

Good luck Jacob it reaching the Records. I saw your thread on what you were determined to achieve, AP being on that list. I think if we truely believe we can go somewhere we will

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Hey there!
I love these types of topics.
From what I know about the Bardo, its a place that you go when you die. Thats about it lol.
I know many buddhist monks claim to be able to visit the first stage through deep meditation, and also claim that it is where '___' took them when Terrence McKenna offered some to them. They said it is the furthest one can go into the Bardo and come back.

As far the Akashic Records, well, I do believe in them, and would even say I've been there once, but T&C of this site wouldn't be happy if I mentioned how I think I got there, therefore, I will simply state that I do think it exists.

When i was studying and practicing Astral Projection, I never got past the room I was in, but I do think that with practice this is how one cold enter the bardo and the records.

As far as where you go when you die, well, who knows. Some buddhists tend to think so, and they are pretty smart people. I guess we'll find out when we die, but it doesnt sound like a terrible place to be!

Thanks again for the info.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
That is interesting. I once had a dream that I was in this infinitely long hallway with file cabinets on either side of the hall going as far as the eye could see.

I somehow knew that in these file cabinets were files that contained everything there is to know about everyone who has ever been alive and every one who ever will be alive. I remember finding my own file. I can not remember exactly what was in there although I remember it contained every though I ever had and it even contained all the things that have yet to happen in my life...

This dream always had a feeling of realness to it... Perhaps it was an OBE?

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I somehow knew that in these file cabinets were files that contained everything there is to know about everyone who has ever been alive and every one who ever will be alive. I remember finding my own file. I can not remember exactly what was in there although I remember it contained every though I ever had and it even contained all the things that have yet to happen in my life...

This dream always had a feeling of realness to it... Perhaps it was an OBE?

Thanks for sharing!

Definatly sounds like you visited some place of importance there. To remember finding your own file must be a good memory.

I love it when I have very vivid dreams (like you say dreams that have a feeling of realness to them) that not only do I remember them, but I also see some meaning to them and learn from them.

I dont have these all that often but when I do it really helps me see there is much more to our consciousness than we are aware of.

When I first started meditating I kind off went a little bit too much into the higher chakras (the exciting ones lol) and neglected the lower ones. I had a most vivid dream that I was a bird of prey flying high but I had no feet or talons , these were on the floor in a wood with a very hot surface.

After a few weeks I realized this meant I was flying high but I was not grounded, I had no feet, I was unable to touch the ground.

Dreams are very important and always have meaning. Maybe your dream of these personal Records was trying to show you you had tasks ahead to complete? Maybe it was to make you aware that all is recorded , not sure. It does however sound very much like the Akashic Records that you were made aware off there.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

Hey there!
I love these types of topics.
From what I know about the Bardo, its a place that you go when you die. Thats about it lol.
I know many buddhist monks claim to be able to visit the first stage through deep meditation,

Yes it does seem to be a Buddhist belief! They state it has three stages to it the first being immediatly after death, so I guess it may be just this first stage highly enlightened monks can reach and come back from. I did read somewhere that Tibetan Monks were able to go where most living souls could not. The way they get there is a closely held secret and is only handed down from Master to Student verbally and never written.

Following death, according to Tibetan Buddhism, the spirit of the departed goes through a process lasting forty-nine days that is divided into three stages called "bardos." At the conclusion of the bardo, the person either enters nirvana or returns to Earth for rebirth.

It is imperative that the dying individual remain fully aware for as long as possible because the thoughts one has while passing over into death heavily influence the nature of both the after-death experience and, if one fails to achieve nirvana, the state of one's next incarnation.

Stage one of the Bardo (called the "Chikai" Bardo), the bardo of dying, begins at death and extends from half a day to four days. This is the period of time necessary for the departed to realize that they have dropped the body. The consciousness of the departed has an ecstatic experience of the primary "Clear White Light" at the death moment. Everyone gets at least a fleeting glimpse of the light. The more spiritually developed see it longer, and are able to go beyond it to a higher level of reality. The average person, however, drops into the lesser state of the secondary "clear light."

www.near-death.com...

Very interesting they mention the CLEAR white light. Only today I was reading that in mediatation we should only take in clear white light if we want to remain on the centre path (not of the pure light and not of the dark light). If we take in too much white light we are prone to slipping as its just too pure a light for most humans to take, and that we should be safer and take in Clear white light only. (sorry side track off topic there but interesting as its mentioned as the light of the Bardo.)

This link also says that from stage one of the Bardo through to stage three takes 49 days. In the OP link it only mentioned three days, that is most probably for the initial stage only.

The second and third are described as below. I know people that actually remember deciding to reincarnate and the reasons for it. One person also ACTUALLY remembers the process of entering a body through a white tunnel while being totally aware of this process.

In stage two (called the "Chonyid" Bardo), the bardo of Luminous Mind, the departed encounters the hallucinations resulting from the karma created during life. Unless highly developed, the individual will feel that they are still in the body. The departed then encounters various apparitions, the "peaceful" and "wrathful" deities, that are actually personifications of human feelings and that, to successfully achieve nirvana, the deceased must encounter unflinchingly. Only the most evolved individuals can skip the bardo experience altogether and transit directly into a paradise realm. Stage three (called the "Sidpa" Bardo), the bardo of rebirth, is the process of reincarnation.
The third bardo involving the reincarnation of a person's karmic energy by choosing and entering a new body to be born agrees with many near-death accounts that affirm reincarnation

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I've always liked the band Bardo Pond...a friend suggested that this song "Sunrise"...where they say "watching it happen" may refer to your
description of viewing the records. Very psychedelic.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mekaleka_HI_Meka_HI_NeeHo

biologyofkundalini.com...

Thankyou this is a excellent site which I have read before. The best Ive seen on the actual biology and workings of the kundalini. Thanks for bringing it to my attention again. I do believe the activation of the kundalini and the powerful spiritual force behind it is necessary for astral travel. The opening of each chakra in complete balance , allowing the kundalini to rise up through to the higher chakras being the trigger.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Can I only ask for posts regarding deep meditation and NDE as a way of reaching the Bardo. Anymore posts regarding alternative ways of reaching this state and I will abandon this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

MG

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
i had a dream once i was in a place with a single marble road that curved slightly to the right and along the road there were buildings that had the same designs and structure as the lincon memorial, you know all roman style. There were only 9 or more people there all of them had an apparent function within this place. There were atleast 2 children one a boy and the other a girl, also one woman about 25 and an bald old man with a white beard. Inside of each of these buildings i understood were cystal computers like in supermans fortress of solitude, only one of which i visited. Everyone was extremely excited to see me and was welcoming me back.

For some reason when you mentioned this term Akashic Records this dream came back to me.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Meditation,Drumming,Chanting.etc... These are all activities that were done to enhance the Entheogenic experience. They are in essence the same as the string that Theseus unraveled as he walked the labyrinth. They have nothing to do with the experience other than to provide you with a way back from bardo.

Dont worship the string.. Worship Bardo..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join