It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Woman Encounter...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hi all, yesterday I had a strange encounter with an old lady who asked me in the post office if I could hear the music playing" I said to her -"What music?" She then continued to say -"can't you hear it playing in the background?" I nodded no repeatedly. She said it sounded like a choir only it didn't stop and had started two weeks ago. She also mentioned that I had to just "Listen" and "Tune In" - I immediately thought she was going "batty". On considering at a later date, I have heard of similar stories here. Could this be a Real Phenomenon? Your thoughts and ideas on this?

[edit on 21-7-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well this happens to me sometimes and im not crazy. Ever mis-hear someone and you think they said something tottaly different? I think it is the same thing but backround noise is interpreted as music. Kind of the way some sevants see music, i know they are 2 different senses but i believe the mechanics are the same.
Hearing voices and music does not make you crazy however taking the advice is what separeates the sane and the insane.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't know, but I have been having the weirdest similar thing happen. I keep hearing what sounds like a news broadcast when in quiet enviroments. The first few times I heard it, I thought I left the TV or radio on. However, there was nothing on around the house or outside. I don't know if some metal medical parts are picking up RF out of the air or what. But it started only a couple weeks ago and I have had these implant for over 5 years. I could actually make out the words in these 'broadcasts'.

I have been thinking, oh great, I am hearing voices!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Its people walking around with their Itouch on and your can hear the music, just like they got their own theme music. I hate it.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I knew an older woman who was in the hospital last year on her death bed. She not only heard music, sort of like a heavenly choir, but she was also seeing people who had died a while ago.

Maybe the lady you encountered is getting close to dying.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
I knew an older woman who was in the hospital last year on her death bed. She not only heard music, sort of like a heavenly choir, but she was also seeing people who had died a while ago.

This was my thought also.
It sounds good though at least its a nice music.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I have an encounter with a strange woman everynite. It's called marriage.

But seriously though; some people can seem sane and lucid until you delve into certain areas of their psyche; then they have absolutely no contact with reality and really surprise you with their insanity.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
I don't know, but I have been having the weirdest similar thing happen. I keep hearing what sounds like a news broadcast when in quiet enviroments. The first few times I heard it, I thought I left the TV or radio on. However, there was nothing on around the house or outside. I don't know if some metal medical parts are picking up RF out of the air or what. But it started only a couple weeks ago and I have had these implant for over 5 years. I could actually make out the words in these 'broadcasts'.

I have been thinking, oh great, I am hearing voices!

I had a similar thing happening to me while I was living at my parents house a few years back.

For some reason I was picking up a radio station broadcasting in my room even with all the equipment turned off. (I didn't even have a radio in that room) .. Well after some time I concluded that the only logical explanation was that somehow my computer speakers were picking up that station . Two strange parts thou :

1.) It happened even when all power was cut to the computer and/or speakers. Actually it mostly happened while the power was off but not when it was on .

2.) It was a Russian station and me living in Poland that would have been thousands of kilometers from my place.

About the music part , it did happen to me a few times and as I recall it happens when I am very tired and in a quiet place. No idea what it is thou , but I know that a tired brain can act strange so I never thought about it to much.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Thill]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

But seriously though; some people can seem sane and lucid until you delve into certain areas of their psyche; then they have absolutely no contact with reality and really surprise you with their insanity.

Hmm yes this is true, she seemed quite lucid but I wondered if perhaps she really was "In her own world"- she consistently pleaded with me on trying to hear what she was hearing.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Hi Blanca, yes I did think of this later on. I remember reading about near death accounts, though she was no way on her death bed, but perhaps she is nearing the cycle pretty soon.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Hey now. You're going to make it harder on the rest of us.

I wonder if the woman had a mental disorder. Not to be mean, just wondering.

I think that humans have the natural ability to receive radio waves via our skulls, but that as a protection mechanism, we have evolved to filter most of them out.

I seriously think that is why sometimes we hear a song in our heads and then turn the radio on and there it is...our brain recognizes the pattern.

Awesome and mysterious thing the human mind.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Yeah PigPen, I was kind of concerned that mabey she is breaking through the onset of a mental disorder. Mabey she might be senile? Though I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to make sense of it.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

This was my thought also.
It sounds good though at least its a nice music.

What freaked me out- was she said she could hear Michael Jackson's song -"Heal the World"and that it was some choir singing it. It isn't the same music all the time, she said it changed into different types of choir music.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Hi spirit horse, what were the words that you made out? Do you really think its your implants or could it be something else?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Hi Thill, yeah that part about being tired and hearing things before or during the process of nearing deep sleep, I hear happens to lots of people including myself. Though hearing things in your "Waking State"- is kind of different...

[edit on 21-7-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
There are rare brain disorders where a person has nonstop musical hallucinations. Oliver Sacks has written about this (and other music disorders) in his book MUSICOPHILIA. Link

[edit on 21-7-2009 by Pamie]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Some people hear the choir music of heaven- the glory of angels- a few weeks or days before they die. Documented fact!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
When I was working as a 911 dispatcher, I got a call from a woman who said 'they' had put music in her shower water. I though mental disorder at the time.

Then several years later, as a Security Guard, I was patrolling the grounds in a truck and at one point, I reached over to turn off the radio and found that it wasn't on.

So I don't know what to think about her music. I don't hear it all the time, but when I do, it's mainly voices, not music that I hear.

It's been happening so long now that I hardly think about it anymore.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraclete1
When I was working as a 911 dispatcher, I got a call from a woman who said 'they' had put music in her shower water. I though mental disorder at the time.

Then several years later, as a Security Guard, I was patrolling the grounds in a truck and at one point, I reached over to turn off the radio and found that it wasn't on.

So I don't know what to think about her music. I don't hear it all the time, but when I do, it's mainly voices, not music that I hear.

It's been happening so long now that I hardly think about it anymore.
Wow! You know I think that I honestly believe you, so this is just incredibly fasinating, I really do think that there is other unexplained matters at hand, that is when I hear some of these strange stories, thank you for sharing.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Hey there spirit_horse, yeah I've also had the same "news broadcast" experience which I wrote here:

This has happened to me once, at least something like that.
I was in the office working late, it was around 20:00, and I was alone, everybody had left already. I'm pretty sure I was alone in the building, with exception of the "cleaning crew" (a man and his daughter), who weren't even in my office, but cleaning other offices from the same building. It was dead silent, except for the sound of my keyboard and the computer's fan.

Then, I heard this little whisper, like a AM radio news broadcast. I couldn't make out what was being said, because it was very faint, like a radio on the next room. I thought it was strange, but shrugged it off, assuming that the cleaning guy must've had a radio on with some talk running.

As I moved in my chair, the sound was gone and I couldn't hear it anymore. Then after a while, as I settled in the new position and relaxed, I could hear it again, very faint, like someone talking and talking nonstop, but I couldn't understand what was being said. Then I decided to walk around the office and see if someone had left a radio running by mistake, but couldn't find anything... all rooms in the office empty (7 rooms) and no radio on. When the cleaning guy got to clean the office I was on, he had no radio with him, and it couldn't be a radio in another office because my room's wall is an outside wall, there is no other room neighbor to mine, on the wall I was standing against.

This was the only time something like this happened to me. If I had to guess, I think that I could somehow, based on my attention and my position inside the room, that I must've been catching some kind of AM radio broadcast organically (has happened before with people with fillings, etc).

Then there's also a possibility of some kind of "mind control" experiment, like another poster suggested here... like, have some garbled phrases playing to the citizens day and night, all time, in a way that we don't catch consciously, because it's meant for our subconscious, like subliminal messages - so they probably should be garbled by design. Just a thought...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The topic is called "a strange whisper voice".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join