It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Minutes to save the world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Can we have some 'good news' to have posters comment on perhaps 3-5 examples of altruism in their given location (or other locales that they find) about a group or an idividual.

If you were trying to entice an outer-dimensional benevolent being that arrived into believing we are worthy of saving (country/community etc) then...

What 5 CURRENT examples of HUMAN alturism worldwide could you find to give to them to prove WE (as a species or you as an idividual) are worthy?

Hopefully (the general idea) people to read each previously posted before posting their own version to avoid repeat articles or videos.

Can you prove you are proud of others' behavior of your species???

Are there any good people out there anymore?

(please keep this as a good news thread) and please avoid giving 'the world and it's people are crap attitudes). Thanks.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock!! www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
.. crickets chirping ..

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

yessss Amagnon,

no one can find any good news???

scary indeed

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My plants are the reason we should live...

For yrs my group has been planting seeds across this city...and we nurtured them, and bred them and even scorned them when they where not showing adequite genetics...

We do this on a constant cycle, always planting news seeds and watching new evolution literally in scientifically layed out stages...like a puzzle fitting in...

We then replanted these plants intot he wild and let them live - they thrived.

These plants even decided to take up their own plants to alter with now their own genetics and ours...

My group and I witnessed human evolution before us, on a studied basis - And if there is a scientific formula to this evolution which works on a small sample, it can work at a very large scale as well...

In conclusion, lets rape the evolution of man first so man can at least put up a far fight

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't know about world wide. But its the small things that start greater things. Doing the smallest things, can help layout a foundation for the future. Holding the door for someone, with a great cultural difference. Stuff that we all individually can do, is the same stuff that could grow into a world wide movement.

I will not regret saying this. That everyone human being has, or atleast had an moment of goodness in their lives. Where they can say that they helped the world be a better place.

1. I hold the doors for elderly people, or just about anyone, who live in my building.

2. I try to help anyone I see who needs help. Depends on the situation.

3. Hopefully, by doing these things, some people will notice what I'm doing and do it themselves.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
ok, here is a few:

www.worldpartnershipwalk.com...

Leamington man meets foreign 'hero' who saved his life
www.canada.com...

Nebraska Victim Meets Firefighters Who Saved His Life
cms.firehouse.com...$61579

US$26m donated to charity - Singapore
www.straitstimes.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have to agree though, the MTV generation needs cleansing....

Too dense of a population full of simple minds leads to slavery...i dont want to be mistaken for a sheep when i merely wear their clothing...or maybe i do...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Krystian exellent idea...people often forget how important plantlife is to every species...they either neglect it or damage it intentionally or not.

and Trams, yesss good example of individual responsibility in doing altruistic acts. Sometimes it is the little things that have no fanfare or parades that lead us to 'carry it forward'. Good point.

Thanks for excellent input.

Can everyone check their local paper (online or in paper-print) if there are any stories of good news?

I checked mine locally...uhhg nothing in this town, will check further out within the province/country.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by suzque66
Krystian exellent idea...people often forget how important plantlife is to every species...they either neglect it or damage it intentionally or not.

Hehe...I wasnt referring to literal plants

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by obilesk

I liked the compassion for other species pic Obilesk

but the movie? I haven't seen it yet, does it ask such a question??

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Krystian

oh, hmm

ok

I didn't see that. I assumed you meant real seeds that were not from current GM plants. sorry if I took you literally??

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

It is the main theme!

PS: My last link up there isn't altruistic, but I feel it is relevant to our list of reasons that we should be left to survive and govern our planet.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by obilesk

Yes, well let us assume that NO aliens have visited thus far and it is new to them as it is new to us.

A clean slate and we had to prove 'worthiness'

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

reply to post by obilesk

Yes, well let us assume that NO aliens have visited thus far and it is new to them as it is new to us.

A clean slate and we had to prove 'worthiness'

We would fail because the common man would look to their left and their right to see what their peers are doing....and shun the one man who has 20/20 vision hoping to lead the blind mass to prosperity...simply because what the man with 20/20 vision sees they do not...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
again the question remains:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

again the question remains:

*points at my evolutionary plants*

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
your plans do not include true life accounts of people in the news who are doing good deeds as my OP suggested.

Show good deeds in the news that make sense, otherwise it wastes space talking about your hypothetical plants.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

your plans do not include true life accounts of people in the news who are doing good deeds as my OP suggested.

Show good deeds in the news that make sense, otherwise it wastes space talking about your hypothetical plants.

But they are not hypothetical plants...its not a waste of time...its a ever changing pattern and might be the SOLE reason we should be able to exists..

Be less literal...or just tell me you dont have the ability to read in between the lines so I can explain it to you.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
my OP asked:

"Can we have some 'good news' to have posters comment on perhaps 3-5 examples of altruism in their given location (or other locales that they find) about a group or an idividual.

If you were trying to entice an outer-dimensional benevolent being that arrived into believing we are worthy of saving (country/community etc) then...

What 5 CURRENT examples of HUMAN alturism worldwide could you find to give to them to prove WE (as a species or you as an idividual) are worthy?

Hopefully (the general idea) people to read each previously posted before posting their own version to avoid repeat articles or videos.

Are there any good people out there anymore? "

It didn't ask 'Can we all play K's guessing game about her plant poetry that is about something else?"

If you have answers which include some articles of interest as I suggest then post them, if not, then I don't want to guess your supposed meaning.

but if it makes you personally feel any better then...here: Evidence Of Altruism In Plants
www.scienceagogo.com...

[edit on 19-7-2009 by suzque66]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join