It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you wanted anything in the world...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how grey the day may appear.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.

I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
I would give anything to have peace of mind.

But you don't have to GIVE anything.
Well, except your fears and preconceptions about the world and your place in it.

I could talk a lot about this but suffice it to say it is not only possible to have "peace of mind", it's also much easier to obtain than you may think, you just have to be willing to surrender certain fears.

I found out this after having gone through HELL. And I mean hell, not a "bad spell" and such blah.
You can find it, maybe, by using the Sedona method (it sounds too rational but it really does work for mayny people and you can get it for free). Yoga is also magnificent.
Or you can find it just by acknowledging that you know nothing and that there is a purpose to everything, even if you don't know what it is.

Just let go.
You won't fall, I promise you. ;-)
There'll be A LOT there waiting for you, with outstretched arms.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I want total control of every television and newspaper in the world - after that, I can write all the rules.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

1.) Don't we all want to know everything, 2.) yet it is impossible, 3.) it is a great feeling.

1.) No, we don't.
2.) No, it's not.
3.) No, it's not.

But I mean it. 100 %. I don't goof about this stuff.

As for me, right now I think I would choose to have every health- and joy-bringing thought, towards others (people and animals) and towards myself, materialize ASAP and irrevocably.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

It's a nice wish, Champagne.
I wish it comes true for you and for your mother (and may she live for 50 years more).

Try the Sedona method - ASAP.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

Total and complete mental intelligence with harmony for all ppl on earth.

We'd became what we are truly capable of instead of selfish, petty, corrupt, self centered materialistic maniacs with delusions of godhood.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Lets see....If I could have anything it would be to have family. I dont have any family really so I get quite lonely at times. Most the time im okay but it definetly gets to me. And its been getting me more lately. So thats what I would want.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i hate to be the first to say it, but money.
enough money to be financially secure till my wife and i pass along, so that we may enjoy LIFE, flush out hobby dreams, doing favors for friends, paint, live life.

the other would be health.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Honesty and decency in our goverment and corporations. That is why it is called a wish.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'd like to have an accountability gun.
Just point and click then BLAMMO! accountability. The world would be a different place.

That or an unlimited supply of Karma grenades.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
...i'd like to be able to point my fore-finger at scum and they'd instantly turn into a little pile of smokin' turds - and - i'll need sufficient traveling funds to get the job done...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

A star for the Great question. My answer is The Gift of Healing.
Thank you, Magantice

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
immortality

(not a 1 liner)

(not a 2 liner either)

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
i would like the ability to manipulate time. Then i could do great things for people around me and no one would ever know it was me.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I have two answers for this question really because at the time the question would be asked of me the answer could depend on whether I feel selfish or not.

My first answer is the unselfish one: a way to have a direct democracy that cannot be altered by outside powers. Everyone over 18 gets one vote and its based on what they feel is most important. I know such a system would be horribly ineffective in a society of people who are ignorant, but ideally people would want to educate themselves when that burden is placed on them.

Now for my selfish answer: I have always had bad eyesight. Every morning I see the world as though I was looking underwater through coke bottles. I'd want my eyesight back to normal so I could see the world without needing glasses. There are times I feel like the world I see with them on is only seen that way because of them and that by seeing it with my own eyes unassisted it would be better.

Well, there you go, from the hip my two answers.

[edit on 7/19/2009 by Sir Solomon]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Right now... my selfish answer: to know how to be a good mom. I'm really confused about that, since I grew up being told I could do anything (that a man can do), but no one really told me what to do when the time inevitably came to fulfill my biological role as a woman. I'm not really sure what a woman is, but I think it's supposed to be something more than shopping and soap operas.

My less selfish answer: yeah, all that world peace and freedom stuff you guys already said.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
For one more Christmas to be what it was once meant to be. Then...just then...the world might want it and get it.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
best question and post ever

2 words!!!!

PARIS HILTON!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
best question and post ever

2 words!!!!

PARIS HILTON!!!!!!

I don't get it... are you trying to tell us you want to get a dozen different sexually-transmitted diseases from one encounter?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Shoomoo

Do you mean right now? A grilled cheese and a side of potato salad would be nice.

Is there pie?

Combine that with a cure for hangovers, and Im with you on this.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join