It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upon Entering the Hallowed Halls of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hello, ATS.

So, you want me to tell you a little (or a lot!) about myself. Okay.

When I was a child,
I thought as a child, I spoke as a child,
-and my parents routinely beat me for it.

When I became an adult,
I put away childish things...
which physics says is the key to understanding our holographic universe.

You cannot die unless you are first alive...so I have always viewed the snake as an ally.

I've seen ghosts, paranormal events, UFOs, inexplicable synchronicity and have always come away from the encounter with a sense of inadequacy. I do not know enough to understand, yet.

Our house sits on a pathway to somewhere and "shadows" routinely travel through- straight E to W. If you see them, they pause, as if they are stealthy- but continue through. They may simply be rude. I do not know, yet.

I have always trusted my peripheral view more than my direct vision. My ego is not in it.

When I was a child, parental abuse was acceptable.
By the time I became an adult, it was illegal,
but police brutality was on the rise.
My timing is ironic.

Nihilism has always seemed the natural and correct viewpoint for me.

I spent most of my fifth summer on the curb waiting for my 'real parents' to show up. I could not be persuaded differently. I was an odd child.

I'm still waiting.

I have a unique connection to my wolfdog, raised from 3 weeks by my side. He is consistently in my head. I am sure I am not the one craving the chewy. I'm sure his cynicism is actually mine.

We play autistic games where we invade the other's space with quick glances- until one or the other freaks out. It is hysterical to us.

We play 'fetch' with a ball when people are around, to appear 'normal'.

Neanderthals existed at the same time as Cro-Magnum. I believe we do as well, we just don't know our 'name' yet.

Language is an identifier, more than a method of communication. Everyone learns Common, but can become elite by learning a second or third.
The language of physics, biology, astronomy, medicine, politics, legalese, military, e bonics, r u ok?, etc.
I am currently attempting to learn several more languages besides Common.

I hope this complies with the rules on posting an introduction. I am very glad to be here.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Welcome aboard!!

That has to be the most interesting introduction that I have ever read! Look forward to seeing you on the boards!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ev0lveUp

Welcome.

Very compelling intro. You should be an interesting addition to ATS.

One question though.
Are you absolutely sure that it's not you craving the chewy?

Check out the writing threads. We can use another creative mind.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
smashing intro mate

pour some petro on the fire! Welcome

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Welcome aboard.

We needz more interesting.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, evOvleup. I wish we all did evolve up.

I too, got beaten as a child for questioning, like the innocent child I was. It was horrible. But it stopped with me. My children and my grandchildren are safe to say things to me that might have been considered a reason to beat the child years ago. Children are very wise, if only adults would give them notice.

Not to steal you thunder from your introduction, but as a child, I was riding in a car with my mom. We stopped to get gas. I had the audacity to question where the gas came from. My mother said to stop being silly, it comes from the earth. So I said, what will we do when it runs out? She said, it will never run out. I said, that can't be true, there's got to be an end to it sometime and then she hit me in the face and made my nose bleed and told me to shut up and quit being stupid.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

welcome to ATS. Interesting up bringing and very interesting you are as a person. Should make a fine addition to the crew of this intergalactic space viking ship!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Welcome aboard the SS ATS!

Hey you mentioned Autistic games with your canine companion!!! That's freaky. I thought I was the only one that did that. I would turn my head and glance hard at the dog and watch in delight as the dear creature cowered a glance 90 degrees clock or counter to me. Moments go by and the dog peaks over, realizes I'm joking, wags like a nutbar and attacks me with affection.

Damn I miss that. One of those disarming moments to an otherwise horrible day. One day... Again... Just not now. The day I get another canine is the day my heart will break thinking how short their lives can be. Maybe a half dozen canines, instead, to dilute that powerful love and fear.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Thank you for the welcome. Seriously.

Communication is not my strong point, as it requires one to occupy a particular time in space, and I do not do that well. Every communication that is sincere requires consideration in light of the overall pattern influencing the information.

Who has time for that? So, we talk on the fly- and hope we convey a modicum of our truth...and that it will resonate with the other person's truth.

Your replies were interestingly diverse in their specifics. That is the awesomeness of human interaction.

As for my upbringing, it was incredibly, painfully boring...except for a few inexplicable scenarios that give me hope. I have found adult life nearly as stultifying, except for a few scenarios which also give me hope.

I have difficulty comprehending the human celebration surrounding shelter, food, clothing, furniture, toys and territory. I'm pretty sure we should be further on as a species.

That said, I'm relatively convinced- I am not the one obsessing over the chewy...but I have been wrong in the past.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Welcome aboard, I'm new too. I can't say that we had a childhood that was similar in any way or that I can expound in quite the same way that you seem gifted with. I can, though, say that I have experienced similar moments with my dogs. Some days, I can just tell what they want without really thinking about it.

My cats, though, I am convinced, are trying to build some type of mind control device somewhere in the bushes of my back yard.

I'll look forward to running into you on the boards.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
And so another exists...

We all better be mentally preparing...I keep warning of how drastic the change in our minds will be when the events we are so called "ready for" now, start becoming a reality...

Has nothing to do with this introduction though....

MMM there is a smell of fall rain already...Where are my chewy vitamins....

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thank you for the friendly replies and welcomes.

I think my dog is the winner on this thread! Ha- So- he gets the chewy. (He is a very handsome dog.)

top topics

join