It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does DNA Have 'Telepathic' Properties? -Experts Say "Yes"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

DNA has been found to have a bizarre ability to assemble itself, even at a distance, when according to known science it shouldn't be able to. Explanation: None, at least not yet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be709f58fc2c.jpg[/atsimg]

Even so, the research published in ACS’ Journal of Physical Chemistry B, shows very clearly that homology recognition between sequences of several hundred nucleotides occurs without physical contact or presence of proteins. Double helixes of DNA can recognize matching molecules from a distance and then gather together, all seemingly without help from any other molecules or chemical signals.

In the study, scientists observed the behavior of fluorescently tagged DNA strands placed in water that contained no proteins or other material that could interfere with the experiment. Strands with identical nucleotide sequences were about twice as likely to gather together as DNA strands with different sequences. No one knows how individual DNA strands could possibly be communicating in this way, yet somehow they do. The “telepathic” effect is a source of wonder and amazement for scientists.

“Amazingly, the forces responsible for the sequence recognition can reach across more than one nanometer of water separating the surfaces of the nearest neighbor DNA,” said the authors Geoff S. Baldwin, Sergey Leikin, John M. Seddon, and Alexei A. Kornyshev and colleagues.

www.dailygalaxy.com...

I wonder if they've considered that the universe is electric and therefore at the micro cellular level, invisible electric currents enable cross communication of cells.

If it's not that then by gosh, there must be a black hole somewhere that is the cause of it right?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff, IMO we should be putting more research dollars into things of the paranormal/supernatural for research.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I saw this a few months ago on another site. And warrenb, if there are electrical currents holding people together at a cellular level, with the right electrical frequency you could disassemble people at the cellular level.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This type of information should be deeply researched into, if it's not being done already. Although, there is always the chance of someone putting good technological advancements to bad uses.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sounds to me like a macroscopic effect of quantum tunneling. I think as we dig further into these strange and "spooky" phenomenon of quantum mechanics we will begin to see we are not just a bunch of bags of chemical soup

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

you already can, it's called a laser

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I think I recall reading a thread somewheres on here not too long ago about a havard professer stating how he thinks time travel will be accomplished using lasers and such in the next few years. I'm not sure how this relates so i'm just throwing it out there. If you don't like it, you can send it back

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

You mean this guy?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
I saw this a few months ago on another site. And warrenb, if there are electrical currents holding people together at a cellular level, with the right electrical frequency you could disassemble people at the cellular level.

Yep, and I believe that could lead to teleportation... Beam me up scotty

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Star and Flag

I'd also have to believe that this would favor some sort of electric current. They recognize which types of strands are similar to themselves.... kind of like one piece having a circuit and being attracted to another similar piece to complete that circuit.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
S&F,

Great find.

I think Western Science is headed to the dark ages with it's strict definition of materialism. I think we need to look vigorously into things like Ufology and the Paranormal because all of these things do not come from stupid people that's just imagining things.

I think it's because we live in an extra-dimensional universe and these things are part of the natural order of things.

I actually think this is part of the reason you will see a power shift from the West to the East. Eastern science is more open to these things. I don't think we can transition to a planetary society with a strict materialist interpretation of science and the universe.

Things like this will be explained away by Western science or pushed aside. If you suggest a Paranormal reason why this occurs many in Western science will just scoff.

Good find.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

DNA has been found to have a bizarre ability to assemble itself, even at a distance, when according to known science it shouldn't be able to. Explanation: None, at least not yet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be709f58fc2c.jpg[/atsimg]

Even so, the research published in ACS’ Journal of Physical Chemistry B, shows very clearly that homology recognition between sequences of several hundred nucleotides occurs without physical contact or presence of proteins. Double helixes of DNA can recognize matching molecules from a distance and then gather together, all seemingly without help from any other molecules or chemical signals.

In the study, scientists observed the behavior of fluorescently tagged DNA strands placed in water that contained no proteins or other material that could interfere with the experiment. Strands with identical nucleotide sequences were about twice as likely to gather together as DNA strands with different sequences. No one knows how individual DNA strands could possibly be communicating in this way, yet somehow they do. The “telepathic” effect is a source of wonder and amazement for scientists.

“Amazingly, the forces responsible for the sequence recognition can reach across more than one nanometer of water separating the surfaces of the nearest neighbor DNA,” said the authors Geoff S. Baldwin, Sergey Leikin, John M. Seddon, and Alexei A. Kornyshev and colleagues.

www.dailygalaxy.com...

I wonder if they've considered that the universe is electric and therefore at the micro cellular level, invisible electric currents enable cross communication of cells.

If it's not that then by gosh, there must be a black hole somewhere that is the cause of it right?

It might involve some sort of electromagnetic effect but likely not electric current, which involves the motion of charged particles between the two points, but electromagnetic force.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike3

It might involve some sort of electromagnetic effect but likely not electric current, which involves the motion of charged particles between the two points, but electromagnetic force.

I was thinking something along the same lines.

Maybe these nucleotide sequences, when close enough to their pairs, assemble by natural forces. Whether they're as simple as something like hydrophobic/hydrophilic or ionic forces, or electromagnetic or something much more complex.

It's crazy to think about how much of the nano-world we still don't really comprehend.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Wow.... Amazing. I wonder if DNA has some consciousness to it? I don't think that would be very far fetched. After all, DNA is the blueprint for consciousness... Or so says modern science.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Great find S&F

If you have read about Dan Burisch (and if you believe him) then the Ganesh particles (they are bundles of electromagnetic energy) are know to manipulate DNA and even created DNA properties in inorganic matter. It is possible that the Ganesh particles are responsible for manipulating the DNA and that is a form of telepathic communication. These Ganesh particles are said to be coming from wormholes in our spacetime.

There is a video series of Dan Burisch's presentation to Caltech on Youtube, you may want to see the videos if you have already have not.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hehehe, I pretty much read this like this:

Scientists can't find cause, proclaims "Yup, it's magic!". Everyone agrees.

top topics

join