It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feverish obsessions with fantasy flu instead of real ills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Some kind of sense is made here at last by the media. But I have been paranoid of the media and the WHO and all multi-nationals so now I don't know what to believe:

Often, the media has uncritically taken its cue from officialdom. Whether it is the Australian government or the World Health Organisation, during the past two months there has been a steady drip-drip of anxiety-inducing statements, accompanied by but-don't-panic caveats which, given their frequency, seem intent on doing the opposite.

The writer of the article could well have been a member of ATS in expressing very eloquently that

(N)ever has fear been cultivated so pragmatically. Indeed, since swine flu provides the seemingly all too imaginable threat against which people must be protected, thus providing some semblance of a point to policy-making, one suspects that if the disease did not exist the authorities would have to invent it. Which, in a sense, they have.

"Some semblance of a point to policy-making". That one sentence stood out and seemed to make a lot of sense to me.

He concludes with the following telling statement:

That most people seem largely unflustered by the hype simply reveals its unhealthy elite origins.

Link to Article

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I am bumping this thread because I really would love to have some rebuttals here. Does everyone quietly agree or disagree with this journalist or doesn't anyone care anymore ... as he alluded to.
Is swine flu just a case of "life goes on"?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
I am bumping this thread because I really would love to have some rebuttals here. Does everyone quietly agree or disagree with this journalist or doesn't anyone care anymore ... as he alluded to.
Is swine flu just a case of "life goes on"?
'

I don't know man.

To be honest, Godzilla is quaking in his boots about this.

I hope life goes on but I am afraid for too many people it will not this winter.

If you believe in a God you better pray.

If you believe in Godzilla, stomp around and roar.

[edit on 17-7-2009 by BaronVonGodzilla]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

I'll take the Godzilla route ... stomp around and roar. It's worked for me for 38 years so far ... no sense in quitting now.

Quite frankly I have scarier things to worry about ... last night I had cops swarming all over my front garden chasing criminals .. .they arrested 2. We had just come home about 20 minutes before - and must have walked straight past them. That scares the godzilla out of me. Not some watered down flu that can't even kill properly.

join