It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane-calming technology: Bill Gates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Christ. Microsoft has nothing to do with this. Quit your whining.

Now what's the problem, granted we proceed cautiously? We can save many lives and a ton of money with this technology...or do you like it when hurricanes kill people and demolish homes and businesses?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
reply to post by DezertSkies

No Bill Gates has no plan to prevent Europe from freezing they challenged him in that antitrust lawsuit a couple of years back and he has no intention of letting them forget it.

There is no way this plan could possibly work, the volume of water to pump would cost as much the damage of a Hurricane 99% of the time.

I have to agree with that. The amount of water it would take and the amount of equipment would be so large that it would either be unrealistic to do it. Or it wouldn't work because they are unable to pump that much water in such a short amount of time.

Next question though is if the heat and cold differences partially determine the severity of the storm would it be possible that it would cause it to shrink but become more intense?

Just curious as I've been in a few tornado's and the heat and cold differences before, during and after the storm are quite drastic. Not sure how a hurricane is affected by that, is it similar to a tornado?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
They cant even control their own software, must less the weather.
Give the weather contract to apple.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It's official, Bill Gates is Lex Luthor.

My question is, who is going to pay for it? I can't see any way that there can be any profit with this, other than "Pay or else."

Is there going to be a "weather reform package" like the health reform package that is currently being pushed?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
He has some brilliant marketing people. They use the words "calming" and "slowing" instead of "stopping". That way you never really know whether their process had an affect or not.

If you look at the movies for information Bill is doing it all wrong anyway.

Killer Asteroid:
Solution: Nuclear detonation

Super Volcano:

Magnetic field flip:

Earthquake:

Alien Invasion:

Rouge robots: