It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous LIFE Photographers' Roswell Crash Revelation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Hmmmmm it would seem that the evidence for the UFO grows daily..

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

But on to this thread...., and the topic at hand. So this guy saw nothing, just drove around the desert in a jeep? Uhh, why is this even post worthy. Lets hear/see you secret deathbead confession. Kinda dissapointed with this one.

Yea, this is kind of paradoxical report isn't it? Oh well, that is the first time I have seen that picture though.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Good find, although I disagree with this part of the article:

These and similar accounts of the incident have largely been dismissed by all except the most dedicated believers.

www.foxnews.com...

Um...There must be a lot of "dedicated believers" then....

"A Time/Yankelovich poll showed that 65 percent of people think a UFO crashed at Roswell" (Levine 56). A Newsweek poll, about the Roswell incident, states that 48 percent of Americans think "there is a government plot to cover the whole thing up" (Stover 87).

www.customessaymeister.com...

Older poll but still reflects accurately the public opinion, as it has only grown. I will try and find a more recent poll if I can, but you get the point.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by morgan04

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
I think after all this time has passed Roswell is starting to become a little boring, So I don't think we will ever really learn what happened on that day.

I certainly empathize with how you feel about this- I think a lot of folks are suffering from "Roswell overload".

However, I think this is quite sad. There isn't anything mundane or boring about an incident that, very likely, involves a crashed craft containing intelligent beings from another planet or dimension. I don't care how much it is talked about or covered- It is the most important story in human history.

P.S. That being said, let's not let Roswell overshadow all of the other evidence and well documented incidents that point to alien visitation to our planet.

Yer I see your point Morgan, But after so many lies have been told about this incident there is absolutely no way of getting to the bottom of what actually happened! So I think a better way to find the truth is investigate ufo incidents that don't involve the Military or NASA or Governments. It's he only way we will get to know is if investigators start dealing these organizations out! So I think we should throw the Roswell incident away as unsolvable and start looking else where.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This is new! I never seen this before "So maybe there is life in the story yet!" But of course no way to prove it! But a death bed confession is always highly credible in my books

But last week came an astonishing new twist to the Roswell mystery.

Lt. Walter Haut was the public-relations officer at the base in 1947 and was the man who issued the original and subsequent press releases after the crash on the orders of the base commander, Col. William Blanchard.

Haut died in December 2005, but left a sworn affidavit to be opened only after his death.

Last week, the text was released. It asserts that the weather-balloon claim was a cover story and that the real object had been recovered by the military and stored in a hangar.

He described seeing not just the craft, but alien bodies.

He wasn't the first Roswell witness to talk about alien bodies.

Local undertaker Glenn Dennis had long claimed that he was contacted by authorities at Roswell shortly after the crash and asked to provide a number of child-sized coffins.

When he arrived at the base, he was apparently told by a nurse (who later disappeared) that a UFO had crashed and that small humanoid extraterrestrials had been recovered.

But Haut is the only one of the original participants to claim to have seen alien bodies.

UFO pieces handed around

Haut's affidavit talks about a high-level meeting he attended with base commander Col. William Blanchard and the Commander of the Eighth Army Air Force, Gen. Roger Ramey.

Haut states that at this meeting, pieces of wreckage were handed around for participants to touch, with nobody able to identify the material.

He says the press release was issued because locals were already aware of the crash site, but in fact there had been a second crash site, where more debris from the craft had fallen.

The plan was that an announcement acknowledging the first site, which had been discovered by a farmer, would divert attention from the second and more important location.

The clean-up operation

Haut also spoke about a clean-up operation, where for months afterward military personnel scoured both crash sites searching for all remaining pieces of debris, removing them and erasing all signs that anything unusual had occurred.

This ties in with claims made by locals that debris collected as souvenirs was seized by the military.

Haut then tells how Colonel Blanchard took him to "Building 84" — one of the hangars at Roswell — and showed him the craft itself.

He describes a metallic egg-shaped object around 12-15 feet in length and around 6 feet wide.

He said he saw no windows, wings, tail, landing gear or any other feature.

Haut "saw the alien bodies"

He saw two bodies on the floor, partially covered by a tarpaulin.

They are described in his statement as about 4 feet tall, with disproportionately large heads.

Towards the end of the affidavit, Haut concludes: "I am convinced that what I personally observed was some kind of craft and its crew from outer space."

What's particularly interesting about Walter Haut is that in the many interviews he gave before his death, he played down his role and made no such claims.

Had he been seeking publicity, he would surely have spoken about the craft and the bodies.

Did he fear ridicule, or was the affidavit a sort of deathbed confession from someone who had been part of a cover-up, but who had stayed loyal to the end?

The U.S. government came under huge pressure on Roswell in the '90s.

In July 1994, in response to an inquiry from the General Accounting Office, the office of the secretary of the Air Force published a report, "The Roswell Report: Fact Versus Fiction in the New Mexico Desert."

Weather balloon "cover story"

The report concluded that the Roswell incident had been attributable to something called Project Mogul, a top-secret project using high-altitude balloons to carry sensor equipment into the upper atmosphere, listening for evidence of Soviet nuclear tests.

The statements concerning a crashed weather balloon had been a cover story, they admitted, but not to hide the truth about extraterrestrials.

A second U.S. Air Force report concluded that the claims bodies were recovered were generated by people who had seen crash-test dummies dropped from the balloons.

Skeptics, of course, will dismiss the testimony left by Haut.

After all, fascinating though it is, it's just a story. There's no proof.

But if nothing else, this latest revelation shows that, 60 years on, this mystery endures.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sashromi

Okay, as I understand it there was the Major, photograpgher, and maybe a driver in the jeep? So 2-3 people?
Yet it was considered so dangerous the Major had to give the photographer a gun? No it does not make sense. If there truly was danger they would have simply brought more armed, TRAINED men. I was SPECIFICALLY instructed never to give a hostage a gun. The movies lie. You dont hand the diplomat your sidearm.

‘there is strength in numbers’ and ‘the right to self-defense is never denied’

Where are you getting this from?

The military does not FLY IN a photographer to send him back. You do know it costs money. Even though we overspend on missile and such they are very picky about spending. They would investigate first and if not a security issue THEN fly him in. Its not "there was a crash get a photographer in here now!"
Crashes look very bad on military prestige.

I do agree there is a cover-up just not of aliens. Least not in the 'extraterestrial' sense.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Dear Sashromi

Thank you as you have saved me a lot of typing. For sure your scenario fits the bill. Before I read what you had written I had in mind exactly that.

Now Mike lets here your line on this one www.foxnews.com...

I know there are jokers out there but they rarely do it from the grave.

Why in Gods name would someone put this in an affidavit only to be opened after his death if it where not true.

Now I know you know the man and the man says it’s not so. With that I think you must come to one of two conclusions (1) The man doesn’t know. Or (2) he knows and he is not saying.

Sorry but it would seam that there are two realities and one of them is where NASA is nothing more than a PR, front. The reason is the secret is so devastating for most of us that it can never be told.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
So now we know that the story of Roswell is with out question true.

www.foxnews.com...

The question being where do we go from here.

I will give you in 47 the question of the USSR was certainly a big part of the reason to lie. That has gone years ago. Anyway it’s my bet that the KGB knew more about it than we do and not 50 odd years on.

The ultimate secret is still just that, why???

For years this is what bothered me why the secret. Why not just come cleen and tell the truth after so long. Now I think I know or at least I know that what ever it is we and I mean most of us will not like it.

So let go through it again just to make sure we are on the same playing field.
What it was not.

A weather balloon (NOT)(WHY) they would have to be insane to misinterpret the wreckage.
Project Mogul (NOT) they would have to be insane to misinterpret the wreckage.
A Nazi paper clip project (NOT) they where not looking for it.
In fact nothing they had lost (NOT) they where not looking for it.

So have I left anything out??

OK so it was what most of us think it was an extraterrestrial craft complete with crew.

So what is the secret about??

It is about what they told them!

At top brass level this was a secret before Roswell.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Now Mike lets here your line on this one www.foxnews.com...

I know there are jokers out there but they rarely do it from the grave.

Why in Gods name would someone put this in an affidavit only to be opened after his death if it where not true.

Now I know you know the man and the man says it’s not so. With that I think you must come to one of two conclusions (1) The man doesn’t know. Or (2) he knows and he is not saying.

Sorry but it would seam that there are two realities and one of them is where NASA is nothing more than a PR, front. The reason is the secret is so devastating for most of us that it can never be told.

Hi MAC,

You know one of my few regrets is that I offended you in that other discussion on Roswell.

I've got the Fox News link of Haut's confession.

www.foxnews.com...

This may be the it. The breakthrough. Eyewitness testimony of contact with another intelligence in the universe - covered up by the military.

Fox News has the story. Unfortunately Fox News has had the story for over two years, since July 3, 2007, when the link is dated. It's shoved into their SciTech archives.

For some strange reason, though they spend hundreds of millions of dollars on news reporting, they haven't appropriated any resources to the biggest story of all time.

I suggest the slim possibility Haut left this unsubstantiated admission of alien contact for his children and grandchildren to benefit from. Haut is well known for constantly changing his story. Maybe he wisely made out a few versions of his involvement for posterity. There's a big market for Roswell testimony - even if it's untrue.

But far more likely, and from all indicators, it's just not a true story, even though it's carried by Fox in a sideline news sub-category. Just as the Fox also paid $100,000 to broadcast Ray Santilli's fake "Alien Autopsy" documentary.

It's not much of a secret, Fox is known for their Tabloid journalism style. They often carry reports and news that are proven to incorrect.

But if you think it's true, you might want to contact Fox and inform them that they have misfiled the greatest news story of all time.

Mike

[edit on 17-7-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Dear mmiichael

Mike my dear fellow you have never offended me will not that I know of anyway.

Lovely to hear from you again.

This story certainly goes along with my theory but anyway it is the first I have heard of it so if you have anything else on Haut please do let me have it.

Anyway not matter what the circumstances I am sticking with them guys not possibly being able to misidentify basal wood and tin foil. Come on Mike a 5 year old would not do that.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Dear mmiichael

Yes I have to admit I watched fox news once and it made me cringe.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Mike my dear fellow you have never offended me will not that I know of anyway.

Lovely to hear from you again.

This story certainly goes along with my theory but anyway it is the first I have heard of it so if you have anything else on Haut please do let me have it.

Anyway not matter what the circumstances I am sticking with them guys not possibly being able to misidentify basal wood and tin foil. Come on Mike a 5 year old would not do that.

MAC,

You listed me as one of your foes, so I presume I offended you.

The Roswell case was closed in the 90s. The Weather Balloon story was a cover-up for for something considered a national security concern.

It may disappoint your hope for something more fantastic like 4 foot aliens traveling billions of miles for centuries just to crash land on our doorstep.

www.af.mil...

Far and away the best online coverage of Roswell is at this site. It examines all aspects of the case knowledgeably and entertainingly as well.

home.comcast.net...

There may be intelligent life forms in the universe. They me visiting us. But
other than a lot of stories, there's no more tangible evidence of this or reliable documentation of it occurring in New Mexico in 1947, than the claims of visitations by the ghost of Julius Caesar or the Virgin Mary.

That there is a sub-industry supportive of this and a growing audience keeps the myth growing.

Mike

[edit on 17-7-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So. Uh... Ummm.... Where is the proof of aliens?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos
So. Uh... Ummm.... Where is the proof of aliens?

I don't think the point of this story/post was that this is the smoking gun that does, in fact, prove that an alien craft crashed near Roswell, NM in 1947.

It is merely an odd footnote to the larger story originating from someone who was actually there. Taken in context with all of the other inconsistencies related to the way the military handled the whole situation, it is noteworthy.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Dear Mike

Yes sorry about that Foe thing I know that I must have done that but I assure you it was by accident. Not knowing what I was doing.

I will have a look at those links latter to see if I have not already read them.

Many things in the past that we have thought of as myths have subsequently been proved to be true.

The billions of miles for centuries just too crash bit is only relating to what we know not what they know. It may be easier than flying to New York for them and less dangerous.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Many things in the past that we have thought of as myths have subsequently been proved to be true.

The billions of miles for centuries just too crash bit is only relating to what we know not what they know. It may be easier than flying to New York for them and less dangerous.

You're right Mac,

But an awful lot more things we thought to be true have turned out to be myths. In fact I'd say an overwhelmingly larger number.

With or without Roswell the possibility of alien life and their visitations here does not change.

What we have seen is a 30 year phenomenon where UFOlogists have made careers out of procreating a growing legend out of an incident in the 40s.

How it has expanded and amplified is a phenomenon in itself.

Mike

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Regardless what happened in Roswell that July in 1947 it has done one thing for sure. Roswell has been the spark that set ufology ablaze and has taken the veil off so many's eyes and started real investigations of a very real UFO phenomina. As another member said, this particular story is just another piece in the Roswell enigma.

[edit on 7/17/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 7/17/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Dear Mike

Please don’t forget that Roswell was one of the last events that took place over about a 4 week period.

I think the first was the Kenneth Arnold sighting which was very quickly followed by the sighting of 6 donut shaped craft in the same area more or less as the Kenneth Arnold thing. There was debris from this first sighting that the air force collected and subsequently lost the aircraft that collected it.

There were also thousands of other sightings at the same time, now I will give you that most where not of extraterrestrial origin but most likely some where.

So the point being here is that Roswell was not a one off.

Your line of thinking starts with the assumption that they are not lying so naturally you look and I might add find things that successfully go with that assumption.

I too flip flop in my thinking, I find that the assumption that I have made leads to something that is truly fantastic and therefore extremely difficult to believe.

Were as I start from the fact that they lie all the time about most everything and try to figure out just what it is that they are hiding.

I watched a history channel documentary last night about the FBI files on of all people John Lennon. If nothing this will give you an idea of how they protect themselves against the people. The point being that if they will go to those lengths concerning John Lennon then just consider the lengths they would go to protecting this little gem.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to MAC269

All your points are well taken. No one denies the possibility of advanced intelligence elsewhere in the universe, no one denies the possibility of visitation.

I understand the context of Roswell and spent a lifetime watching the UFO phenomenon morph into what it is today. A serious hobby and of some concern to militaries for years, it's now a growth industry.

It pretty much starts with von Daniken who becomes hugely successful selling millions of paperbacks in the 70s. Then the race was on to find the next bestseller 'proving' the existence of UFOS. "Crash at Corona" establishes Roswell as the case where there is something resembling validation.

A number of people have made careers publishing, doing the convention circuit, offering their expertise.

But in the end no piece of a craft, no reliable confirmation of alien bodies. But a growing amount of testimony and stories. This new story of the photographer sent to record the event is so typica.. "Oh, I just missed it."
The military is covering it up. My dog ate my homework. And endless series of fantastic claims that seem to evaporate in the light of harsh examination.

Not a peep from the thousands of scientists, medical experts, military personnel who would have been consulted or involved with the examination of the crash remains.

And all the characteristics of a popular mythology created. It now resembles a cult which is faith based.

One may think it's just my cynicism and skepticism at work here, but serious UFOlogists who have interfaced with key participants and looked at primary documents and even gone to the locations, concur.

Talk and more talk can only go so far. Even the most open-minded judge would throw the case out for lack of evidence. There's something needed for a conviction - it's called 'proof" So where is it?

As I've said before - all sizzle and no steak.

Mike

[edit on 18-7-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Dear Mike

I think that the skeptics among us are very brave.

Why?

Because they can only lose.

The believes on the other hand say ok may be next year we will know a never ending bet so to speak.

Were as if something dose come up every believer in the world will scream I TOLD YOU SO.

You stick to the idea that this could never be kept a secret because too many would have to know. It is a good point I can’t dispute it.

However the Manhattan project was big really big and no one knew about that not even the vice president. So the point is the secret can be kept if the stakes are high enough.

People in history have been executed with far less circumstantial evidence.

I only wish I was cleaver a SiFy novelist could make a fortune from the ideas on this site.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join