It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit seeks to block "In God We Trust" engraving.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well, I would be against the atheists on this one if the motto had come from the founding fathers, since their definition of god is different from the christian god, as many of them were deists, so it would have been more of a In the creator we Trust or something of simliar meaning. But since it was adopted as the motto back in 1956, then I disagree with it. In fact, I never did care for it being on currency. But I don't think so in the way atheists that want it removed. The motto itself is pretty much covers all of the god religions because it doesn't name a specific god, so not actually a violation of the first amendment I see here, but to put that as the national motto is what I don't agree with, nor do I like it on money or buildings. No where in the constitution or the declaration of independence does "In God We Trust" appear. (forgive me if I'm mistaken, and please correct me if I'm wrong) Personally, I don't think this is really an important issue right now, seeing as there a lot more important things that need to be addressed, but I suppose that's just my opinion anyway. Thoughts on this?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
In God we Trust. All others pay cash.
We don't need it on our currency. Besides, eventually we will just have the motto, Diversity. That's good, right? How about, In God we have no trust?

How about, "Don't trust this fiat money?"

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Talk about being nit picky.

I got an argument against the atheists on this one. It's not a problem with separation of church and state as a private bank prints and distributes our currency.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
As a christian I gotta say, a part of me thinks that having that on money is blasphemy.

The love of money is the root of all evil, so put In God we Trust on money, and call it good?

That's a load of bs, from a spiritual perspective anyways.

I'm gonna write in soap I trust on my butt so i don't have to wash it.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The Freedom From Religion Foundation is from my home city of Madison, WI!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
What about "In God, Gods, Goddess, Goddesses or Lack Thereof we trust".
I think that covers all the bases.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The GOD they trust is :
Gold, Oil and Drugs...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
What about "In God, Gods, Goddess, Goddesses or Lack Thereof we trust".
I think that covers all the bases.

"In God, Gods, Goddess, Goddesses or Lack Thereof we trust, or may trust if we decide they exist."

Now it covers all the bases.

top topics

join