It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

I agree that things will get worse for Christians in America as we keep moving on. I guess, in my mind, when I read of how Christians are treated in some countries, it's hard, at this stage in the game, to say that Christians are being persecuted in the West.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
*brain explodes*

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
Why do people think Christians are supposed to be all accepting of sins though?

Dude, SIN is a MADE-UP idea from THOUSANDS of years ago. Get with the times. You shouldn't be accepting or unaccepting of sins because they aren't a thing.

We are to love the sinner, not the sin - so I'm not going to go out of my way to harm a gay person, but then again, I'm also not going to sit back while they try to push their sinful propaganda into our schools or onto our children or society.

What propaganda is that? The propaganda that says that gays are actually human beings, too? That they deserve the same treatment from the government as everyone else? That you shouldn't judge them because they are different? Oh, ya, get THAT out of schools...

Just because Christians won't tolerate gays does not mean they are being 'hateful' or 'mean'.

In what way, exactly, are you not being hateful? Push everything about gays out of school, teach kids about "sin." Yeah, that's not at all hateful to the gay kids in the school who grow up learning to hate themselves, have self-esteem issues, possibly commit suicide. Not hateful at all....

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
One of the greatest mysteries is that the Bible accurately predicts the coming of Christ and that in all the history of the world Jesus is the only one to have claimed He is the Messiah. The only logical conclusion is Jesus is the Christ. The NWO is probably real and is the instrument of Satan and we ate indeed nearing the end times.

Accurately predicts the coming. (bold added in your quote)
Yeah, here is accuracy in your religion from your link.

100prophecies.org

No one will know the hour or the day of Jesus' return
Bible prophecy: Matthew 24:36-37
Prophecy written: During the first century
Prophecy fulfilled: Many times throughout history

When Jesus lived in the land of Israel about 2000 years ago, he gave a very simple and concise answer when someone asked him when he would return: He explained that no one knows the hour or the day, except for God the Father (Matthew 24:36).

Even so, many people throughout history have falsely insisted that they knew the timing of Jesus' return, only to be proven wrong. During the past few centuries, for example, there have been some very influential people who have misled many people with their false predictions.

And a long list is there if you have time or interest.

PS Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I told a friend after learning what homosexuals have done to Britain:

We can only love a homosexual and teach them of the beauty of what Chrisat has done for us, because the are sinners like any I us.

But, the homosexual movement is an instrument firmly in the hands I Satan. It is pure evil. It is seekin to silence the gospel and nothing is more vile than that agenda.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So I get you believe in Jesus I get that...so what are your thoughts on aliens in the bible or aliens in general? I ask because I watched a show today on aliens and the bible and it was quite interesting.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

The OP wasn't referring to his second coming, but his first. It involves the 70 weeks of Daniel, which I mentioned earlier in this thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Ok, rubbertramp, THIS isn't too lengthy - and your quote is listed on there. You can review it for yourself and see how the atheists have taken quotes out of context for their own agenda.

Sigh.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

[snip] and we ate indeed nearing the end times.

So why are we in the end times?

Did you know that the 14th century was much more prophetic as to being the end times then now.

They had 20 years of rain. It was so bad that most of Europe was locked in ice for a period because it was not warming up enough in the summer and rained every day it wasn't snowing and most of the crops would rot in the ground. Then they had a serious of really bad earthquakes and then the Plague hit.

Now those would have seemed like the end times.

Jesus was not prophesied in the bible, why is it the people that wrote the old testament dont believe in Jesus? He was not the Christos.

The Romans made Christianity into what it is today, not Jesus.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Ah, nothin' like the smell of pure hatred billowing out of the all-loving heart of a Christian.

Thou shall not judge...
...unless they're gay, of course! I forgot to read the part of the Bible...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

To be fair, though, Octotom, there are many people and groups worldwide who are being persecuted, violently, for a LOT of different reasons. Not just being Christian. Yes, that is out there, but so is persecution for other things.

Can't just buttonhole it in there. It's been that way for ages. Whenever someone disagrees with you, there is always the chance that persecution will happen.

I mean, wasn't so long ago that my forefathers were persecuted for being on american soil first, and in fact, are still stuck on reservations and treated like low class trash. But you don't hear much about that, either. And that's going on right on their doorstop, so to speak. (i know, you're german, so not YOUR doorstop.. but anyone who's american
)

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Jomina]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
When people claim they have lists of inacuracies in the Bible I ask them to give me just one, the one that is actually an inaccuracy and I will prove them
Wrong.

Dan Barker took my challenge and proffered that the ten commandments written on stone are the ritual Decalogue and so statements in the new testament are false. I showed him the scripture where God says He wrote on the tablets and Moses would write the ritual Decalogue himself.

Dan Barker, the founder of FFRF.org, defeated by the power of the holy spirit at work in mysel and a friend, was proven wrong. Dan proceded to insult me calling me an ignorant faithhead.

I suggest anyone who wants to play the game of biblical errancy with me to pick your best weapon, because I'm very good at showing you to be wrong.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by suomichris

The Bible makes it clear that it's a sin - that is why I don't, and won't, accept it as "normal".

My kids go to the same schools as gay couples' kids so it is my business. Homosexuality is of satan - it's one more tool that he uses to steer people away from God.

I don't hate gay people - but I'm certainly not going to advocate for them or their 'rights'. Not when I know it to be wrong.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Jesus was not prophesied in the bible, why is it the people that wrote the old testament dont believe in Jesus? He was not the Christos.

The people that wrote the OT came well before Jesus. But, it's obvious why the religious leaders in Jesus' day didn't believe in him. They were caught up in their works and legalism. Jesus called them out on this. Also, they were expecting a militarial savior who would overthrow the yoke of Roman rule as opposed to a humble shepherd calling his sheep to himself.

But, it is evident that many Jews did believe Christ's message, and that he was the Messiah, as the early church was very Jewish.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Christianity -

The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

....yeeeaaaaaaa.... no thanks.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Evangelical

I am sure you are as good at proving the bible is accurate as I used to be at proving it was all metaphor for perfectly explainable events. But a book of man is no proof of anything. Robert Heinlein and Arthur C. Clark were both great science fiction authors who wrote very insightful books about future tech that actually came true. I don't call them or their books divine, just insightful.

Actually, speaking of which, I highly recommend Childhoods End by Arthur C. Clark. Very good story about the end of the world in a Christian light.

link   

Jews never read parts of the old testament like Isaiah 49 or Jerimiah 31. I wonder why?! Oh because the old testament DOES prophesize the coming of Christ.

Also how much must you hate someone not to rebuke them for their sin and bring them to Christ?

link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

as a jew by birth, both sides. i've studied judaism, considered myself a messianic jew for a while, studied buddism, the koran, done multiple native american sweats, dances prayer sessions etc.....etc.......
i've come to the conclusion that anyone who preaches to others while looking down on them, not considering them equal due to a better than thou attitude, only believes in divide and conquer and has no interest in peace among different peoples.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I've heard some say that they think aliens were the giants that are mentioned in the Bible - and some say they are the 'fallen angels'.

If you look at THIS photo, you can see just
how tiny Earth really is compared to the universe - or at least
what part of the universe is shown in that photo.

We would be foolish to think that God created tiny, tiny Earth and us as the
only life in the universe. And too, astronauts have had too many alien/ufo
encounters for me to not believe in them.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

there are many people and groups worldwide who are being persecuted, violently, for a LOT of different reasons.

I agree, and acknowledge that. There is a tendency to believe, in the Western world at least, that Christianity makes up it's persecution and my goal was to prove that that's not true.

(i know, you're german, so not YOUR doorstop.. but anyone who's american )

No, I'm American. I just live in Germany for the time being.

are still stuck on reservations and treated like low class trash.

I'm sorry that that happens in whatever part of the country that you live in. Where I'm from, South Florida, the Seminoles aren't forced onto reservations. There are some, but the people choose to live there. Growing up, I never saw the Seminoles treated badly either. People often had a lot of respect for them.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Jews never read parts of the old testament like Isaiah 49 or Jerimiah 31. I wonder why?! Oh because the old testament DOES prophesize the coming of Christ.

Also how much must you hate someone not to rebuke them for their sin and bring them to Christ?

jews never......................where do you get this crap? oh, holyer than thou.

here
Isaiah 49:1-7 (New International Version)

Isaiah 49
The Servant of the LORD
1 Listen to me, you islands;
hear this, you distant nations:
Before I was born the LORD called me;
from my birth he has made mention of my name.

2 He made my mouth like a sharpened sword,
in the shadow of his hand he hid me;
he made me into a polished arrow
and concealed me in his quiver.

3 He said to me, "You are my servant,
Israel, in whom I will display my splendor."

4 But I said, "I have labored to no purpose;
I have spent my strength in vain and for nothing.
Yet what is due me is in the LORD's hand,
and my reward is with my God."

5 And now the LORD says—
he who formed me in the womb to be his servant
to bring Jacob back to him
and gather Israel to himself,
for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD
and my God has been my strength-

6 he says:
"It is too small a thing for you to be my servant
to restore the tribes of Jacob
and bring back those of Israel I have kept.
I will also make you a light for the Gentiles,
that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth."

7 This is what the LORD says—
the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel—
to him who was despised and abhorred by the nation,
to the servant of rulers:
"Kings will see you and rise up,
princes will see and bow down,
because of the LORD, who is faithful,
the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you."

i'm assuming your talking about the rise up part. it's about kings, not jesus.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by rubbertramp]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join