It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the only way

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

I'm going to take a wild kick at this but I think he means "serving Satan is serving yourself." But you can also serve God and serve Satan too because Christians sin as well. That's where the forgiveness comes in. But, it's all about your state of spirituality and your soul. Hope that made sense.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halley86
reply to post by nomorecruelty

what about the people that live on the other side of the world, who believe in something else? Are they totally out of luck and screwed?

Short answer: Yes.
But, not just that
According to the Christians , Catholics are mislead by satan also.
And...anyone whom is reading the wrong bible (if you read the KJV, its the NIV, if you read the NIV, its the KJV,) your hellbound
Mormans: damned
Protestants: satans lapdog
Baptist: Eternal hellfire awaits
Evangelical: Ya...more like evil-fallenangelical
Jehovahs Witness: Will witness only Azmodeus
Etc etc etc.

Basically, if you are anything, there will be plenty of people that will detail how your mislead and going to hell.

If its true...then heaven will be populated by about 7 people playing cards for eternity.
If it is true, then God is the most incredibly evil entity one could ever percieve...

Enjoy your religion...remember, no matter what you do, your going to hell for doing it wrong.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Hiya and welcome

You know, my bible says something different. Its says the son of man is comming. Not Christ. Not the son of God. The son of man. typo?

'Then the angel I had seen standing on the sea and on the land raised his right hand to heaven. And he swore by him who lives for ever and ever, who created the heavens and all that is in them, the earth and all that is in it, and the sea and all that is in it, and said, "There will be no more delay!

But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets."' Revelation 10:5-7

The mystery of God is this: The Son of God is the Messiah. The Son of Man is the Messiah. In the Messiahs role, as Son of Man, one of His first functions is to resurrect inside of us. The beauty of it is so simplistic but somehow He knew we or some evil force would complicate this teaching and it would remain hidden, til the time of the end and that is why it became necessary to prophecy again to 'many nations, tounges & people."

Once the Son of Man resurrects inside of the chosen ones, they will be taught by God and eventually all will be taught by God, but right now we are in a time of delay, so that the full number of Gentles can come in.

" For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this." Isaiah 9:6-7

"....the Son of Man will come at hour you do not expect him." Luke 12:40

".....even if he comes in the second or third watch of the night." Luke12:38

"What I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!'" Mark 13:37

"Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back--whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn." Mark 13:35

"Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God." Revelation 3:2

"Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you." Revelation 3:3

"Behold, I am coming soon!" Revelation 22:7

"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done." Revelation 22:12

'The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life."' Revelation 22:17

"Yes, I am coming soon." Revelation 22:20

There is no more need for a delay. He will come. It could be in the evening, at midnight, when the rooster crows or at dawn. He told everyone what to do; keep watch and wait. He is the "Day" of the Lord and He comes like a thief in the night.

For those who long for him - don't fall asleep like the boys did in Gethsemane. But if you choose to believe what he has actually said, be sure you heed the warnings to repent first.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evangelical
reply to post by suomichris

why don't you have selfish distributers out there trying to silence the Gospel?

Christians don't pick on homosexuals, homosexuals know that sinning means they have to silence God to be accepted, they want acceptance for their sin. God refuses to hear them.

You are accepted to God only by your love for Christ for he paid the ransom we all owe for our sins!

"God refuses to hear them"? With all due respect, I don't think God would appreciate you speaking for Him. I'm just sayin'

I know homosexuals who believe in God and Jesus. They also believe that they didn't choose their sexuality and that they were born with it. God doesn't make mistakes. I believe that homosexual people on Earth chose to be this way before they incarnated to Earth. They are not homosexual souls...the soul is not sexual. Like handicapped people, or mentally challenged people, some souls are brave enough to incarnate into a world of hateful and insensitive people. They are spiritually growing beyond anything we can imagine in this lifetime.

Read "Into the Light" by John C. Lerma, M.D.

In the book a minister is in a hospice program, and is days away from death. He's had a near-death experience, and tells his doctor, John Lerma, about his experiences. While speaking to angels, he learns that all the hateful campaigning that he's done against homosexuals in the Montrose area of Houston was WRONG. The Bible says something about a man and a woman coming together...this minister learned from the angels that there are things that we don't yet know about our DNA, and that one day we'll learn that in most homosexual unions, a man and a woman ARE coming together (in a microscopic way, mind you).

Please be loving. You may not know the damage you are doing when you are not loving.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I can understand your statement but I won't take it as fact. Why let man judge you? I thought God was the only one who could peer inside your soul and see what's really in it? He is the divine judge if I recall. Regardless, we are dealing with man here, same people as you and myself. I'd be more afraid of God telling me that I'm banished from His presence more than men telling me I'm going to Hell because I read the NIV version of the Bible.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Water-tastes-good]

link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by suomichris

The Bible makes it clear that it's a sin - that is why I don't, and won't, accept it as "normal".

My kids go to the same schools as gay couples' kids so it is my business. Homosexuality is of satan - it's one more tool that he uses to steer people away from God.

I don't hate gay people - but I'm certainly not going to advocate for them or their 'rights'. Not when I know it to be wrong.

Most of the verses relating to gays are taken out of context or translated improperly. Then again why the double standard and no rebuking of remarried divorced couples in the church? That is listed as adultery in the bible. Get adultery from the churches and then we'll talk since the current use is full of hypocrisy.

My beliefs have no Satan. In fact being a homosexual makes one be a few steps ahead of others to being a priest. I wouldn't want my children's minds corrupted by tales of devils, uncaring childish Gods, Demons, Non sexual reproduction, violence etc... etc..

I do not advocate the majority of Christians because they use badly translated bibles, verses taken out of context of the times, and are always attacking people they don't understand. You can use "Love the sinner, hate the sin" all you wish but, if it smells like hate, tastes, etc. you know. Perhaps you will again start beheading people that refuse to convert.

I've heard of the fallacy that God has been taken out of schools for over 20 years. That is simply not true. What was taken out was mostly assembly led prayer over such things as sporting events and proselytizing. My neighbor's own grandchild told me she prayed over a test merely a month ago and she still carries her bible to school. You can may carry a bible, and pray to yourself. Your God still hears you even if a full assembly does not.

I never want to hear about Leviticus again unless the Pharisees implement all the laws of Leviticus. Until I see you stoning your disobedient children Christians are hypocrites.

[edit on 14/7/09 by toochaos4u]

link   
is the hebrew translation of 'satan' not 'accuser'?

i wonder about the whole satan concept.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by rubbertramp]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
This thread is scary.
I think I go and watch my favorite documentary Religoulus.

You mean Religulous ?

In spite of the slight typo I was able to find it and since it seems relevant to this thread, posted the link.

Thanks for the tip, it's a lighter look than thegodmovie, but similar themes in both.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Jesus Christ is the only way?

Well I may beg to differ. Being brought up with my parents telling me that if I do good things, good things will happen, and if I do bad things, bad things will happen, always worked for me.

The public school system vomited the idea of Christianity into my mind when they imposed 'scripture' classes upon us once a week from ages 7 through 10. They used (obviously) predator methods in their deliverance of the guilt-trip upon us children, and it had a horrible effect on me as I grew older.

I can handle believing in a God. That's okay with me. Infact, in all honesty I actually believe myself to be a mixture of the Christian God and Satan anyway. The thing I can't handle is the UN-PROVEABLE Jesus returning for all to see.

This is the worst kind of guilt trip, and it's hard to shake at my age, no matter how hard I try.

I do not deserve to live in a World where I am mentally-wounded by the idea of a man who supposedly lived 2000-odd years ago.

Believe it or not...

I am God and Satan....

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Your quote reminded me of what Oprah spewed on her show about there being more than one way to get to Heaven.

I have no idea who that woman was in the audience that stood up to her but kudos to her. Oprah is a tool of satan and doesn't even realize it.

Jesus is the only way for salvation and to Heaven. I have to shudder at all of the people on here that are falling right along behind the rest of the sheep on this one.

Sad.

I love the part in your bible where it says to judge and condemn (SARCASM)

dont worry about us, you have your own issues to work out.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Edit: Removed.

[edit on 14/7/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
Stephen Roberts

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by rogerstigers

Since you want things equal, what about the bestiality orgs - and the incest orgs - should we allow those to be taught to our school children as well?

Open the door for one and you have to open it for everyone.

The difference here is that with beastiality and incest, one party is non-consenting.

To force sex onto someone or some creature is wrong in any way. It's rape.

Two guys, two girls, or a guy and a girl having sex is not rape (IF all parties are consenting)

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halley86

reply to post by rogerstigers

Since you want things equal, what about the bestiality orgs - and the incest orgs - should we allow those to be taught to our school children as well?

Open the door for one and you have to open it for everyone.

The difference here is that with beastiality and incest, one party is non-consenting.

To force sex onto someone or some creature is wrong in any way. It's rape.

Two guys, two girls, or a guy and a girl having sex is not rape (IF all parties are consenting)

Is it wrong to have sex with your own sister? Why is it wrong if you are both consenting adults? Would you think badly of somebody who has sexual intercourse with his sister? Why exactly is this wrong? Besides the small chance a mutated baby could result, what is the harm? Is it because a mutated offspring could result the reason you object to this?

If any homosexuals can give me an answer other than "it just is" now you know how some heterosexuals think about homosexuals. Not saying those heteroes are correct, but it is kinda the same thing.

[edit on 14/7/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
heh, I guess this is the second shift rolling in now. And that says something about me not having a life since I was the first reply to this thread...lol

This has so far been a rather civil thread, though. I am impressed. Usually this subject turns into a name calling flame war. I hope it stays as respectful as it has been thusfar.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

People can, and are, creating their own fate - in my opinion You are either serving satan or you're serving God.

Each of those choices hold different consequences - so it's up to each of us to choose where we want to spend our eternal life. Heaven or hell.

"in my opinion" .......there's the whole thing, right there.

Until somebody...be it you, God, whoever...can show without a doubt that Satan, God, Heaven, Hell actually exists, then opinion is all there is.
Belief is not truth, no matter how many people think so.

Religion baffles me. I've read the bible. I truly do not understand how, in this day and age, anybody can believe it. But, tht's just my opinion.

Your mileage may vary.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Um, yeah, in some cultures throughout history incest has been 100% ok. I wouldn't recommend it for reproduction purposes, though. *shrug*

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Oh, if I found a Genie and only got one wish, it would be that Christianity, once and for all, beyond a doubt, no question about it, be proven a [HOAX]!!! It has nothing to do with homosexuality, or that fictional being Satan used to scare the flock like the ultimate Boogeyman, it has to do with the hateful nature of way too many of it's flock of sheeple! It has to do with the way they try to infect the rest of us with their hate!

Oh what a happy day that would be! Full of Rainbows and Sunshine and Bunnies and Puppies!!!

Star for you my friend. I see that most religions are under the same type, they are merely hate, disguised as righteousness, or righteous indignation. How DARE you not believe what I believe! Smite thine enemy, the blood of the infidels, vengeance of the gods. Blech. Makes me ill to think that humanity has toiled under the boots of free expression of hateful ideals for thousands of years. I'm an American and I love my 'freedom' of speech. But sometimes... just sometimes...

Chrono

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
...okay, I'm not reading 12 pages worth of posts that were made in less than 6 hours. Can somebody tell me a quick 1-3 sentence summary of what's going on in this thread? Please tell me there's something more going on than the usual garble I see in countless religion-based threads.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
in a kinda' twisted way, i've always liked the ezekiels wheel, chariots of fire, ufo, jesus was a alien who visited earth along with the angels translation.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join