It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a cryptid, Turtle question.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I like Leatherbacks, Loggerheads, and Greens. But that's because I'm a Marine Bio girl!!!

I don't know a lot about domestic turtles. I know the ones around here and I've seen a bunch of ferox, the Florida Softshells, in the wild.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Thats cool. My first book I read till it fell apart (at age 7) was a zoology book..
I use to go around and tell adults the gestation periods for different animals ( I some how memorized a slew of them) and such..that got me interested in the animal kingdom straight away and never stopped.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I'm a Human Ecology major with a focus on Marine Biology and Zoology. Ideally I want to do zoological census fieldwork.

That is my goal!!! I loved my Zoology class last year and I can't wait for Marine Biology this fall!

Cetaceans are my favorites, though. And Pinnipeds.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Cetaceans

You might like this book. KRONOS by Jeremy Robinson.

Good luck in your field of study!!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Thank you!!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Very helpful RUFFREADY.
I'm just afraid I won't find a turtle out here. I'd have to buy one.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
painted turtles make decent pets- good sized aquairium with a floating pad for them to sit on under a nice light and they are happy.pet stores carry turtle food. painters also eat most any invertabrates but don't throw them in the tank as they can contaminate the water. a big painter is about 10" long.
they also eat minnows-if you get them from a pet store you should be ok.sliders are about the same size but rarer, wood turtles are a bit bigger but more terrestrial, boxturtles are great pets- theyjust roam the house and don't need a tank.
soft shells can be nasty don't know alot about them since i live in the ne and they aren't here.
snappers get big and you don't want to mess with them- they are mean and can and will take a finger off.
anyway if you get a painter just make sure you get a nice tank for it and they are very docile and fun to watch but as with any reptile be clean as they are known to carry salmonella and you can also infect them with a human disease

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Thanks for the advice! I know I will need it in a few years when my turtle gets bigger!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join