It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if there is No God? At all!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
3) Would you be harsher to people. No. Do unto others..........

Uhhh...that would be without foundation. Remember...there is no God in this scenario.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Aww, you nearly did thinking there...

Originally posted by Water-tastes-good
reply to post by xweaponx

Well, I very heavily disagree with you and I'm sorry you think that. I still can't understand why everyone needs proof.

We have a physical reality.

We have emotional feeling.

We have spiritual enlightenment. ***

Now call me crazy, I just do not see how all of those principles of life, wrapped up in one, came out of a so called "big bang".

But alas, I'm going to be called brainwashed and a sheep again because I don't see the "facts of science".

Look where I added the *** Gross generalisation, where's my spiritual enlightenment? Hang on, did I leave it on the bus? Congratulations, welcome to the world of derailing, so kind of you to answer the OP so succinctly. I have no spiritual enlightenment thankyou, nor do I wish for any (however, if it happens, it happens).

Now get back on topic.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
Aww, you nearly did thinking there...

Ok

Look where I added the *** Gross generalisation, where's my spiritual enlightenment? Hang on, did I leave it on the bus? Congratulations, welcome to the world of derailing, so kind of you to answer the OP so succinctly. I have no spiritual enlightenment thankyou, nor do I wish for any (however, if it happens, it happens).

Where's your spiritual enlightenment? You can't find it? Did you leave it on the bus? Ok so you derailed my spiritual enlightenment how? You should wish the OP a Happy Birthday too. No spiritual enlightenment eh? But it exists right? So we have it? You just don't want it? I'm confused.

Now get back on topic.

Okay lol. If I remember right, I was addressing someone's opinion. Your "You nearly did thinking there....." kinda fits right here.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
"Okay lol. If I remember right, I was addressing someone's opinion. Your "You nearly did thinking there....." kinda fits right here.

...and by their own words shall they be dammed.

No, I don't consider myself to have a spiritual side. I have my logical side and my emotional side, I'm fine with that, I conduct my life with caring and compassion for my fellow-"man" - I don't consider that spiritual.

Edit - oops bad quoting.

[edit on 12/7/0909 by jokei]

[edit on 12/7/0909 by jokei]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

No, I don't consider myself to have a spiritual side. I have my logical side and my emotional side, I'm fine with that, I conduct my life with caring and compassion for my fellow-"man" - I don't consider that spiritual.

So no spiritual side then. Glad you have logic and emotion by the way. Lets hope you have compassion. I wouldn't consider that sentence spiritual either. It's nothing but emotional.

Okay so you made it clear you don't have spiritual enlightenment. That's what the man I was addressing mentioned. "Meditation" or "Prayer". That's spiritual enlightenment. If you follow Shaolin Monks, they have it covered. Spiritual Enlightenment is the basis for everything the Shaolin way. I was only meaning it exists and so therfore we have it. If you don't use it, that's up to you.

Oh, you should wish the OP a Happy Birthday. PM him or something.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Water-tastes-good]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I think you miss the point....

you did not create the universe IT created YOU

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

1) Do you think you're day to day life would change.
2) Would you change your behaviour.
3) Would you be harsher to people.
4) Would you strive harder in life, knowing your legacy is all there is?
5) Would anything change, would you continue on praying, knowing 100% in your heart you're praying to nothing, but your own imagination.

1) Yes, I would be in mourning as it would be like a death.
2) I would still be the way I am.
3) No, I would be in too much pain having lost God after Him being a part of my life for half a century.
4) No.
5) When my infant son died over 30 years ago it changed me forever. I have never fully recovered from that. If suddenly God was dead it would devastate me.

To you God means nothing, but to those of us who believe in Him, He is our Father and more of a Father than our biological fathers. Even if it was proven without a shadow of a doubt that He never existed, in our hearts He was always there and losing Him, real or not, would be unbearable. I would still talk to Him.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

but would that only make it a self for filling prophecy of your own making?

oh wait... look out the window

if people who feel as strong as you do... they go blow other people up

sorry but thats the truth

god is not great, and he does not care

the only person who should care is YOU because what ever put us here did for a reason and it was not to pray

I sometimes wonder why god "if there is one and i dont class god as anything more than just being thankfull for being here in the first place" made animals ?

I dont see what makes me better than a cat? because i can speak? because i am able to question my own being?

oh wow ! and yet If you and a lion was all alone.. would the lion ask god if he should eat you for lunch?

get my drift?

lol

brainwashed by religion is such a horrid thing

have faith in creation and now.. be thankfull but dont worship a man

god is not a man... god is just being happy you are here

my 2 cents

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Being an Athiest, I already dont believe in god...
But religious people need to believe in something, so if it is proven there is no god, they will find something else to worship instead...maybe Buddism perhaps...?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by badmedia

I think you miss the point....

you did not create the universe IT created YOU

I am that I am.

I am not of this world, what is spirit is spirit, and what is flesh is flesh. This universe doesn't even begin to define me, it only defines my experience at this time.

Only to you do I appear as a man. I am god, and I am arguing with myself.

[edit on 7/12/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Well, I very heavily disagree with you and I'm sorry you think that. I still can't understand why everyone needs proof.

We have a physical reality.

We have emotional feeling.

We have spiritual enlightenment.

Now call me crazy, I just do not see how all of those principles of life, wrapped up in one, came out of a so called "big bang".

But alas, I'm going to be called brainwashed and a sheep again because I don't see the "facts of science".

As for the OP, Happy Birthday. Hope it was a good one.

IF there was this oh so powerful god, he would let him self be known instead of there being thousands of religions.

Second, people say praying and stuff god will heal you. Nope sorry to bust your bubble but GOD doesn't heal (it's make believe your playing on your self) you take medicine then the medicine or surgery or what ever takes care of the human body.

I knew a preacher who was bible thumping, loved god and everything and god cancer.

Third, church people think...if you don't go to my church your going to hell, No, church is church that is all it is, There's no "golden" ticket to heaven.

Now time to answer a question for me. IF there is a god, then what created god. Don't give me the crap about how he just happened. No something was before "god" and before it and before it and before it.

Oh and I think it's really funny how some churches believe in being saved, and all that. It doesn't work.

Church = Live Action Role Playing.

Oh and let's speak about the bible. Man written book cause they couldn't answer there own questions. Plus it's been proven there's MANY pages missing from the bible.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If we learned there was no God/ creator or whatever, my life would probably change for the better. Instead of putting and wasting so much faith into a invisible God in the sky, people would probably put faith in themselves and humanity. Imagine a world with no war over who's religion > religion, that alone would bring back my hope for humanity.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You really sound angry! Am I right about that? If I'm wrong, please forgive me and don't waste your time reading further. (This is the systems analyst in me, putting this in logical steps).

But if you are angry, is it that you are angry at Christians for believing in God, or that you are angry at God?

I'll stop there for now. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I am wondering the same thing, what if there is no God.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
My faith is built on nothing less than the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. If he was not resurrected, then I would not have faith in a loving God. I might believe in a capricious God, who sometimes is kind and sometimes is cruel. But I became convinced 30 years ago that Jesus did come back to life, and that has made all the difference in my life. After his bodily (not ghostly!) resurrection He did not die a second death, but rather continues to knock at the door to your heart, seeking admittance. You don't ever have to open that door. But if you don't, you will miss out on REAL life with Him as your best friend on this earth, as well as life with Him after you draw your last breath.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me

You really sound angry! Am I right about that? If I'm wrong, please forgive me and don't waste your time reading further. (This is the systems analyst in me, putting this in logical steps).

But if you are angry, is it that you are angry at Christians for believing in God, or that you are angry at God?

I'll stop there for now. Thanks!

No I'm not angry I am actually laughing. I believe it's pointless to believe in an invisible god. It's a waste of time.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Even with most of the worlds population believing in some form of higher power or God we have things like torture, child molesters and murderers.

I shutter to think if the the majority were to all lose there faith at the same time, I can't imagine what that would mean to the world or our combined sence of morality.

It would seem that everyone should be responsible for there own actions out of a desire to be a good person not through fear or direction because of a God but out of the very human feeling of self morality.

Sadly and unfortunetly, there are plety of those out there who do not posess this quality in any way but that being said, I don't think there believing in a god would serve and purpose to implant such feelings anyway.

There doesn't need to be any higher power for people to be good or evil, I think it is a choice that one makes for themselves every day through right or wrong action.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Helious]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hi all.

If the universe was made by a g0d, he/she/it should be FIRED ! !

pespmc1.vub.ac.be...

See how BAD it is, now !

But, if the universe is infinite by itself, then that explains many things,
bad and good.

Blue skies.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

IF there was this oh so powerful god, he would let him self be known instead of there being thousands of religions.

He has. Read the Exodus.

Second, people say praying and stuff god will heal you. Nope sorry to bust your bubble but GOD doesn't heal (it's make believe your playing on your self) you take medicine then the medicine or surgery or what ever takes care of the human body.

Yes, prayers do work. God does heal. He does it plenty in the Bible but there is always a meaning behind it. God also works through man, hence Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob/Israel, and Joseph. Then Moses, his brother Aaron etc. He works through Doctors, Nurses, patients, and even people visiting the hospital too. Pretty amazing.

I knew a preacher who was bible thumping, loved god and everything and god cancer.

What was the point of this comment? That a preacher got cancer because he believed in God or what? To find a good meaning behind this, I suggest you look up Saint Gemma.

Third, church people think...if you don't go to my church your going to hell, No, church is church that is all it is, There's no "golden" ticket to heaven.

If you don't believe in Hell and I do, and I believe that the Word of God is the truth, then yeah, I can pretty much say, if you don't believe in God, your going to Hell. No sense lying about it if you believe it. If you don't believe in it anyway why does it get to you? You shouldn't base fear off of Hell but off of God. That's the being who decides what happens to your soul. Anyway, there may be no "Golden Ticket" into Heaven, but there is God and His Book of Life still standing in the way.

Now time to answer a question for me. IF there is a god, then what created god. Don't give me the crap about how he just happened. No something was before "god" and before it and before it and before it.

I suggest you read Revelation 22:12-13

Oh and I think it's really funny how some churches believe in being saved, and all that. It doesn't work.

Well, I disagree with you again.

Church = Live Action Role Playing.

No.

Oh and let's speak about the bible. Man written book cause they couldn't answer there own questions. Plus it's been proven there's MANY pages missing from the bible.

Alright then. I disagree again. Notice how the Bible is written in third person. Again, another meaning. Wonder why the Dead Sea Scrolls didn't make it in? I wonder. First person? Book of Enoch anyone?

Friend, you come to me with all these questions and I can only type off what best answers I can give you. If you really have questions, I suggest reading the Bible. You don't believe in prayer. Well, try it. Ask not for healing or for certain things in life, but only for God to answer your questions. What's better, talking to me or talking to the being I worship? Try it. I'll pray for you.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Your making me laugh so hard, God doesn't work through doctors. Who brainwashed you again to believe that? You go to college and learn medicine for 7 years and then your a doctor.

The Bible says God is almighty who answers your prayers. So how do you know if God is real other than that faith crap? Try the power of prayer when an earthly situation occurs which is beyond your control and only an almighty God who created the universe and all life can control.

Suppose you or a close family member has a terminal disease like cancer which cannot be medically cured? A certain time line is given, so like all hopeful human beings, you humbly and diligently pray to the almighty God who says in the Bible he answers prayers. Time and reality passes, the disease takes it's toll, and your prayers go unanswered.

Maybe one in a million may be saved, but looking at a 99.9999% failure rate for prayer is evidence that God does not exist. Now, compare it to an atheist who suffers the same terminal disease and wishes for healing. The same 99.9999% failure rate occurs.

Now compare it to a devout Muslim suffering the same terminal disease and prays to his/her god for healing, and still results in a 99.9999% failure rate. Similarly, the Hindu, Jew, Buddhist, etc... all face 99.9999% failure rates.

Doesn't this indicate you you that there is no God? Perhaps one of the numerous worshiped gods do exist, but wouldn't that omnipotent god produce better than a 99.9999% failure rate, or else what is the purpose of worshiping that god if he doesn't answer your prayers? Doesn't common logic and sense exist anymore?
If there was a true healer then there wouldn't be all these people who are sick and dieing. Man wrote the bible because "things" could not be explained at that time.

Now, I have tried that being saved stuff. Doesn't WORK! It's all a bunch of role playing brain washed zombies believing in a god that doesn't excist.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join