It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about reincarnation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I believe in reincarnation.

But am confused about something and was hoping maybe people here can help me.

We have people who can speak to the dead, and we can contact them and they can 'show' themselves to us-

I know some get stuck in the 'earth' realm, they choose not to leave- we call them 'ghosts'- 'spirits' otoh can come and go as they please-

That is my understanding

So how is it that people like Neale Donald Walsch say that when we think about our departed loved ones- they have no choice but to come to us- how can that be possible if they have reincarnated again? how can their 'old self' still be around?

I hope that makes sense- have they chosen not to reincarnate? and why not? I hear it's very lonely in the after life and to have a sense of connection is why we reincarnate?

Isn't it too much of a coincidence to think that everyone who has died and 'shows' themselves hasn't incarnated again?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Maybe the ones that choose to show themselves haven't reincarnated yet because they haven't had ample enough time in the after life. They might need to sort things out or learn something new before moving on to another fantastic life. Really, your guess is as good as mine, or Neale Donald Walsch's for that matter.

Another way to look at it might be that we leave impressions of our old selves on this earth and when we think of them that impression comes to us. I don't think that a spirit would have no choice over who they came to. What if more than one person was thinking of them at the same time. Who would they go to? So, thinking that way, Mr. Walsch would be wrong. Of course, I'm not an expert and I don't know the answer.

Hopefully someone smarter can help you out.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply MyLife.

I like the idea of leaving 'impressions'- and lol @ if more than one person is thinking about them which one would they go to

I'm really hoping someone can shed some light on this for me, not that I would consider re examining my belief on reincarnation but just to make a little more sense of it to me-

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Maybe in heaven there is no time like there is here on Earth. There's also the possibility that a soul can be in two places at once. There is supposedly only one God and we are all simply manifestations of the same consciousness that is God and everything else is an illusion.

Your guess is as good as anyone's considering nobody knows the real truth about God, heaven, recarnation or the after life. Those who claim to know are probably just taking you for a ride.

paranormal.about.com...
An interesting website all about recarnation
www.spiritual.com.au...

[edit on 11-7-2009 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The simple answer is that time is not a universal phenomenon. You are thinking of time only in a linear progression, rather than having a shape that can be bent and twisted in all number of ways from a "higher" dimension.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
thanks people for the replies

bsbray- no I understand time is all happening at once- in that sense we really don't have past or future lives

Kindred, I was forgetting our soul can be in two places at once!

I was reading an article in one of my local papers yesterday and the person was saying it is to do with our cellular memory and DNA- shes having a workshop, might pop out next w/end and take a look.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I am also a believer in reincarnation...here are my thoughts...maybe they will help and maybe not :-p

I believe there are different levels to what you are today

1. The body - this is flesh...it wil be made by a mother, grown, grow old, die and decay. The body in the end will feed future life (hence why believe we are all connected...but that's for another time and thread)

2. The mind - this is your thoughts and intuitions as well as your feelings and emotions. Your physical social body exists here

3. The soul - this is where your morals come from. Your mind learns lessons and the soul makes decision if and when needed (for example in a moral dilemma) This is the portion controlled by whatever deity or belief you follow...but to a very limited degree (which I will explain in a bit)

4. The spirit - This is the life force in you. The deity speaks through this to you directly (also to be expanded on shortly)

I believe what lives on in reincarnation is the spirit. Your body dies and that is that for the flesh (for now). When the body dies, you cease to show emotion and social skills since these are also physical. Your soul is removed from your body and you become part of the greater good (the conscience...the universe or however you would like to envision it) Part of that soul heads to the heavans and the universe and you become part of the whole

Now onto the spirit. To me, your identity isn't your body and it isn't your actions. I believe the spirit is you and you are the spirit. This spirit is what I believe reincarnates. I am not one to think I die and poof...I am a cat or a house plant. I believe you move to another body in essencebut alot of your original spirit stays unaltered. This new body of course starts over and you have to learn things again since it is obvious an infant has little knowledge of the world and it's teachings but the spirit and your core lives on, just in a new container.

I also do not believe this is infinite. Eventually you will achieve or learn whatever you needed to and then will fully integrate to the universe.

Now that I have said all that, my opinion on your question is as follows.

After the body of your loved one ceases, part of that soul (IMO) moves to the universe and part stays back to reincarnate. The piece or portion in the universe can talk to you whenever needed.

May sound far out...I may off my rocker...but alas it works for me and it is what I believe

Superb topic btw

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
KyoZero- hey thanks! your post really did help- it really clarified a few things for me!

Have you read any Seth /Jane Roberts? that stuff really makes sense to me!

Do you know much about our over-souls? I'm just starting to touch on that (late bloomer here LOL)

new topics

top topics

join