It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are we fighting in Afghanistan??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
#1. oil pipelines
#2. opium
#3. grass

= megabucks

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The Afghani government aided, funded, was the Taliban. The Taliban is the party/governance of Al-Qaeda. Who smacked a couple of planes into some of your buildings.

The Afghani people understood this the day it happened. This is why they started leaving the big cities fast when they heard what happened. They knew their government did it, and they were expecting the USA to annihilate their large cities.

Afghanistan's government declared war on you. You ignored it. They brought the war to you. So you've gone over and replaced the government with a different one, and you have to stay long enough for them to solidify their power. Because currently the President of Afghanistan has about the same amount of power as being the Mayor of Kabul.

That clear it up for you?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by illece

Opium and Natural gas. The Taliban tried to end opium farming in Afghanistan which supplies 95% of our pharmacutical companies most popular medicines main ingredient. Just before the war opium farming dropped drastically which was bad business for anyone owning a pharmacutical firm
. Then Haliburtan wanted to put a natural gas pipeline through that country but met up with local opposition. The pipeline moves billions of dollars worth of natural gas a year and is currently lined with our troops.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Wow do you believe in Santa too?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron
reply to post by Aeons

Wow do you believe in Santa too?

Afghanistan's government was taken over by the Taliban. Fact.

The Taliban is the party front of Al-Qaeda. Fact.

Afghanistan was the base from which the 9/11 attack was prepared. The Taliban and Al-Qaeda had already tried several times to make this war apparent to the US citizen. Several previous plane kidnappings for example that were ignored as being irrelevant. Fact.

When a foreign government attacks your country, you want to give them a great big slobbery kiss?

This isn't hard. Afghanistan is strategic. It is strategic to the Pan-Islamic Statists as well as any corporation or country trying to move goods like oil around in this section of Asia. The Pan-Islamic Statists specifically want Afghanistan as a key point to solidifying their hold on the upper regions of Asian Islam and the trade routes and territories that come with them.

I'm sorry that you are so brainwashed that you actually believe only the white man is bad, that only corporations and Americans do wrong, and that holding your own interests and security is wrong. That 9/11 was only perped by some great conspiracy by the US government - which btw isn't all powerful and omminescent and ubiquitous. Which is what you'd have to believe to believe the fullness of the 9/11 conspiracies.

There are some legitimate issues in the "official" 9/11 stories. And there is a whole lot of crap that's been dumped on it so that you will lose track of the few important details that should be paid attention too. So that you'll become so turned around that you still cannot tell your butt from the truth.

A foreign government attacked your country. Iraq was never a legitimate target. Afghanistan was always a legit target, and has been handled with the kid gloves necessary to introduce change in this region.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You know Clinton could have had Osama Ben Laden anytime he wanted...
I wonder if he was sent back to Afganistan - and then they did 911, blamed the patsey and ignited the war... all over a oil pipe line and the poppies... you know we paid 47million dollars to plant those poppies again, because the telliban made it a crime to grow them.. and you follow their law or else... if you know what I mean... so Oil and Drugs and Bases

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons The Taliban is the party front of Al-Qaeda. Fact.

Cite that fact, please. I think you're wrong, so give us a reliable source.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

What about the fact that most of the alleged terrorists were Saudi Arabian nationals? You're really good at spouting the info told to us over the major news networks. The problem is you are addressing people in a forum who have lost faith in those networks. There is plenty of evidence to support the claim that Al-Queda was created by the CIA to fight off the Russians from invading northern Afghanistan in the 80's (even pictures available of those CIA training camps (find 'em yourself)). Also the Taliban and Al-Queda are actually not even on friendly terms.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
When a foreign government attacks your country, you want to give them a great big slobbery kiss?

Yep. Damn them for not greeting us as liberators

This isn't hard. Afghanistan is strategic. It is strategic to the Pan-Islamic Statists as well as any corporation or country trying to move goods like oil around in this section of Asia.

You got that right. You just need to see who is the one actually in process of gaining control there.

I'm sorry that you are so brainwashed that you actually believe only the white man is bad,

Im a self-hating honkey, thank you

that only corporations and Americans do wrong, and that holding your own interests and security is wrong.

You implying they dont? Corporations will do anything for profit or advancement. America #s with others politics, governments, societies for THEIR OWN gain. I call that disgusting... but I guess you are American because you see that as good, right? Try thinking from the other side

That 9/11 was only perped by some great conspiracy by the US government - which btw isn't all powerful and omminescent and ubiquitous. Which is what you'd have to believe to believe the fullness of the 9/11 conspiracies.

Been watching too much South Park ja?

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Ridhya]

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Ridhya]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Because edit wont show -- you should really watch this
Fabled Enemies

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron
reply to post by Aeons

What about the fact that most of the alleged terrorists were Saudi Arabian nationals? You're really good at spouting the info told to us over the major news networks. The problem is you are addressing people in a forum who have lost faith in those networks. There is plenty of evidence to support the claim that Al-Queda was created by the CIA to fight off the Russians from invading northern Afghanistan in the 80's (even pictures available of those CIA training camps (find 'em yourself)). Also the Taliban and Al-Queda are actually not even on friendly terms.

The Pan-Islamists are not, and do not, care about borders. However, they will use them to differentiate themselves from each other.

The Saudis you are refering to are not just Saudis. Their mothers are Afghanis, and Yemenis, and Pakistanis. Their full, step and half siblings are spread through the Muslim nations and abrond. The picture of who they are is far more complicated than your want to think that borders drawn in ink on paper mean something.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Yes, all those Arabs are out doing stuff to be kind to use Kaffars.
How could I have not known?

You're willing to self-sacrifice on the belief that others will be even more kind.

Of course, perhaps you prefer that system to the one you have.

What SOME of the Afghanis believe about the USA and the West is understandable. Understanding it and AGREEING with it to the point that you'll throw yourself and your own interests in the fire is just plain stupid.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

Your answer is what a lot of the posters believe ,so thank you for your reply to my thread, sounds reasonable.

I knew that if i threw it out there i would get answers.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Aeons The Taliban is the party front of Al-Qaeda. Fact.

Cite that fact, please. I think you're wrong, so give us a reliable source.

Al Qaeda has several party fronts, depending on the area of interest. In Noth of Africa is the Taliban, and in Africa they go al Qaeda of the Maghreb.

there is ONE reason - the re-establishment of the Caliphate, and the unification of the Islamic world. All you need to do is go read and listen to the actual words of the people involved.

Or does your non-faith mean that instead of listening to CNN you ONLY pay attention to conspiracy sites and have never actually looked at what al Qaeda and the Taliban are saying? Hmmmmmm? Because, they don't mince words and are pretty direct to tell you exactly what they are and what their goal is. And you Kaffir, don't factor as a congenial piece of their puzzle even with your self-effacing compassion.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'd also like you all to consider - why do you think that Al Qaeda propaganda is better propaganda to believe?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Because a British company has been contracted to supply all the ammo for a 5yr period (i think it was half a million rounds) . This has already been paid for but if they use it all up the British government will double their order to 1 million.

The IRA has kept very quiet since 911 so now all our troops are going there to do their training.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
As i understand the situation at the moment, the UK armed forces are under supplied and they desperately need more equipment to be able to slaughter more Afghans.

Something to do with the slaughter to security ratio. The more the UK and other western forces in Afghanistan can kill the safer we can be and the safer Afghanistan can be!

Clearly i am being sarcastic.

I do not know why we are in Afghanistan. Each reason i am told sounds hollow. We are fighting against the oppresive Taliban, for the human rights of the Afghans. Yet we tend to ignore those in Burma or Zimbabwe and many other countries.

Only when it politically suits the United States (because let's be honest, it is the United States who is calling the shots here) do we go in all guns blazing.

Before people give me a lecture about the nasty Taliban, i am well aware of what they are like. I recently read a book about the Middle East and it gave quite a good insight. I felt i couldn't say anything about it when all i knew was from the television. I realise the Taliban are atrocious, but it doesn't really excuse our actions.

I don't support the war and (yes i am going to get flamed) i don't really support the troops. Don't get me wrong if i met a soldier or member of the armed forces i would not be rude, i would treat, them just the same as i do anyone else. It's just i find it very difficult to separate the actions of the soldiers from those of the government. Soldiers have traditionally been warriors, obviously over the years they have also become humanatarians to a certain extent. But the armed forces is first and foremost about war. You don't join the military to play games. That is why i would not join the military. I don't want to do that and i do not believe i could and i think it is naive of people who join the military with the idea of "helping people" , no matter how good their intentions might be.

I know the Taliban and Al Qaeda are terrible, but (and don't misunderstand and think i support their actions) i can understand to a certain degree why they are doing what they are doing. I am not saying i agree, but to a certain extent i can understand. I just dislike how a minority of muslims are distorting the religion of Islam in an effort to gain support though, just as much as i dislike the fact that western governments exaggerate the extent of the terrorist threat, so as to take away our civil liberties.

So you could perhaps forgive me if i don't want to be associated in any respect with the war in Afghanistan. This is my opinion, but you are free to agree or disagree either way.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Taliban/Al Qaida linkages between the party and the organization -
Afghanistan: Jalaluddin Haqqani - Taliban commander and head of military ops for Al Qaida.

Haji Omar - Taliban commander, and senior Al Qaida promoter.

Schools which are run by the Taliban in Pakistan also happen to the schools graduating a large number of Al Qaida suicide bombers and members.

Do you also think that the IRA and Sinn Fein aren't related?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

It doesn't matter how much you dislike that the "extremist" Muslims are "distorting" Islam. It is a core belief of Islam that no Muslim will stand with a non-Muslim against another Muslim.

In this way, the extremists will always have the upperhand. No moderate, no muslim may speak or act against them if it means supporting Non-Muslims.

They have the perfect cover. No Muslim can speak against them. No Muslim can work against them. For they must bring together the Muslim World against the Non-Muslim. And no-one in their sphere of influence may stand in their way lest they be accused of being a "friend" or supporter of the Non-Muslim.

The extremist Muslims must win within their own sphere of influence, because no one may stand in their way and still be considered a good Muslim.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I am not pretending to be an expert on Islam, but i have never heard that and i have had muslim friends before and not once did i ever hear that and we discussed such topics as this.

We shouldn't tar all muslims with the same brush, they are not all extremists, not matter what our governments or media want us to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join