It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Additional wave of cyber attacks expected today(7 South Korean websites have been attacked today)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Additional wave of cyber attacks expected today(Thursday)

www.ctv.ca

A computer security company says an additional wave of cyber attacks is expected to hit major South Korean websites later Thursday.

The Seoul-based antivirus software developer Ahnlab says it analyzed a virus program that has sent floods of Internet traffic to paralyze major South Korean and U.S. websites over the past days.

Spokeswoman Hwang Mi-kyung says the company found that the virus will trigger a new attack in South Korea from 6 p.m. (0900 GMT) Thursday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This has been in news recently and many threads are already there on this topic. I myself started one yesterday. But I wanted to start another one because of the prediction that the virus will hit today. Lets see what heppens.

This is breaking news now that today (Thursday) the same virus is expected to hit South Korean and US websites again, and cause alarm and panic that it did on July 4.

The virus could hit you and me too, the virus might have added a few other countries to target, so we should all be careful about this.

The new attack will target seven websites, including those of a government security agency, Kookmin Bank and the Chosun Ilbo newspaper.

So I am going to be on these websites (Kookim and Chosun) to see what happens.

The url for Kookmin bank is www.kbstar.co.kr...

www.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
It's just as likely that computers in North Korea are being used by outside hackers to attack these sites. If I had the desire to hack a US government site, I would not do so directly, but rather hack computers in a jurisdiction I thought would provide me anonymity (like North Korea), upload netcat and base my attack from there, making it appear that the attack was coming from North Korea.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It seems a little too convenient to me that all of these attacks are the work of North Korean hackers.

I can almost see these attacks, as well as the missile launches over the last few months being used as a justification to go to war with the North Koreans as well as restricting access and freedom to internet users inside the United States of America.

A two birds with one stone type of deal.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
lets all hope that Seoul goto heaven.

HHAHAHAHHAHAA

*BOOM*

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Hmm...

"Expected" because they're planned by inside sources, methinks.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I visited the Kookmin Bank website. There it is showing me a message "Out of Memory". My computer memory is alright and other websites are loading properly on my computer. Also the scrollbar which was loading about 20 minutes back is not loading now. Wonder if this is also some kind of Denial of Service attack. Have others found anything? It is now 9.00 GMT

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67bddd16e452.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Just so happens to be Korea, come off it how long have these blatant set ups been going on. Still people do not see. We are not worthy of looking after this earth anymore.

I heard on the news yesterday and chinese women said and I quote:

We are all waiting for the government to tell us what to do No hope = NOPE

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Just got this from AP that seven South Korean websites are today under renewed cyber attack

www.breitbart.com...

new topics

top topics

join