It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More of a Question than a Topic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Which is...... Does cheese give you nightmares? lol

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
For some reason if i eat cheese late at night i get nightmares,

It also depends on the cheese, if its really strong them yep

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by asala]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
No, but stupid people with stupid posts do.

I'm just kidding, buddy

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
For reasons I don't quite remember eating cheese or other dairy products close to sleep time is not recommended as part of a healthy diet.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
lol thanks all, i didnt quite know where to put it went random, could have ended up in the space one or somethin now that would have been bad
Just having a discussion about cheese with a mate so thought i'd ask on here see if anyone knew

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Cheese can make you constipated - constipation can make you confused! Maybe the forerunner to nightmares?

Not all dairy products will cause you have nightmares though. Have a nice milky hot chocolate before climbing into bed!

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
the makers of kerrygold cheese have this to say

Contrary to popular belief, cheese doesn�t give you nightmares when eaten before you go to sleep at night � in fact, depending on what you eat with it, it could even help you to sleep better.

The truth to the myth has been unveiled by Kerrygold, manufacturer of Dubliner Irish Cheese, with the help of Dr Chris Idzikowski, director of The Sleep Advisory Service in Harley Street, London.

Cheese actually contains an amino acid that is used to control sleep and depression, called Tryptophan. The effects of it, however, can be hampered by other foods that are eaten at the same time.

Dr Chris Idzikowski explained: �The interaction between nutrition and sleep is extremely complicated but there is no evidence to suggest a link between eating cheese and experiencing bad dreams. The myth probably originated in the 1950s when there was a campaign to raise awareness about the dangers of taking anti-depressants and eating cheese. One of the side effects was nightmares.�

www.kerrygold.co.uk...

and on the site in this link, someone has done an experiment that seems to show that rather than nightmares, eating cheese before bedtime just gives you some pretty wierd dreams instead.

www.arbitraryconstant.co.uk...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Thats strange i have been having wierd nightmares for a week now but i havnt been eating cheese.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Is it the cheese content on pizzas before bedtime that creates the hallucinogenic REM periods, or the mescaline sprinkles?

Weird. I had some interesting fare for dinner out, and now pantha's avatar is illusory - looks kind of freaky with an earring even. LOL.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Originally posted by asala

Thats strange i have been having wierd nightmares for a week now but i havnt been eating cheese.

Just for the books, i didnt have any nightmares, infact i had the best nights sleep ive had in ages so im going with the 'kerrygold' cheese people

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Garlic cheese makes me fart. The rest has no effect.

I did eat cheese yesterday though and had a dream about vampires. Weird.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Garlic cheese makes me fart. The rest has no effect.

I did eat cheese yesterday though and had a dream about vampires. Weird.

Thats freaky, i had a totally crazyyy dream too
cant remember what happened just know it was proper #ed up lol, does anyone have a dreamcatcher?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Someone just told me about cheese the other day, but I had never heard of that.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Someone just told me about cheese the other day, but I had never heard of that.

So, the 1st time you heard of cheese was the other day! You've got a lot to learn, believe it or not they actually use mould in some of them! lol

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
sorry my avatar's freaking you out MA, I've got a black cat , he's got a little more meat on his bones than my avatar. My husband really wants to get his ear pierced cause he thinks it would look cool, but I don't think he'd appreciate it.
I'm going to make sure I have some cheese before bedtime just to see what happens. The kerrygold people say that you don't get nightmares but the person doing the experiment in the other link seemed to have some pretty crazy dreams . I'll post the result here tommorrow.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
We rarely get any decent gut-blasting cheese here. I used to eat strong Irish & English cheese but we've got bugger all here apart from Dubliner which is ridiculously expensive.

And Pantha's avatar looks like the cat of one of Geiger's aliens !!!!

Aliens V - Revenge of Pantha's Avatar !

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Mmmmmmmmmmm....

Sounds delicious !!

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
We rarely get any decent gut-blasting cheese here. I used to eat strong Irish & English cheese but we've got bugger all here apart from Dubliner which is ridiculously expensive.

And Pantha's avatar looks like the cat of one of Geiger's aliens !!!!

Aliens V - Revenge of Pantha's Avatar !

Tell ya what's strange, i dont personally like cheese :/ not my favourite anyway lol

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
well, I ate a huge chunk of extra mature cheddar, and I didn't dream at all.so that was a bit of a disappointment.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
well, I ate a huge chunk of extra mature cheddar, and I didn't dream at all.so that was a bit of a disappointment.

Thats just not good!! try eating a little less
you probably OD'd on it, ok now im just gettin carried away lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join