It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin to replace Steele as GOP Chairperson

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

---

Yes, she's not US Pres material, but a great potential radio personality. Gosh, did Palin screw-up or what.

Decoy

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
I like Sarah Palin. She is smart, conservative, and Christian. She is experienced (unlike Obama).

Don't ya just love the naivety, indeed gullibility of SOME of the conservative base...especially the religious ones?

It could be their most endearing quality...

and they say we drink kool-aid.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

To end this discussion, explain to me what EXECUTIVE experience Obama has over Palin.

I personally don't like either one, but you can't tell me that Obama has more EXECUTIVE experience than Palin.. no way, no how..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blind.face

Executive experience doesn't mean squat, the president is not a CEO of some company...

AND given the mess the CEO's of the major companies have gotten themselves and the nation into...running the nation like they do is a damned fool idea....

the art of negotiation and compromise...of playing well with others is far more important...

Like being a mayor of a town of 7000 and a quitter half way through a first term as governor make her qualified...indeed the reason she gave of quitting proves she doesn't have the chops to carry anything through to fruition.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

you lost me with saying executive experience not meaning squat, as it does.

being a legislature has nothing to do with running the country..

why do you think we are in such a mess now. We have very few Presidents that are ever elected having any kind of executive experience..

and what kind of experience do you think a CEO has? Executive.. epic fail, come back again when you have the answer.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Leaders don't resign before the end of their term.

I agree. She self destructed - IMHO

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I'll believe it when I see it.

I agree with this as well.

I really doubt this is going to happen.
The GOP doesn't support Palin at all.
The 2012 front runners are very obvious in their non-support as well.

Originally posted by grover
Like being a mayor of a town of 7000 and a quitter half way through a first term as governor make her qualified...

Unfortunately, people vote for non-qualified people all the time. Obama had no executive experience and was just a community organizer with two years in the senate. He wasn't qualified at all, but people still voted for him. Go figure.

[edit on 7/8/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by blind.face

You are right very few of our presidents have had executive experience...indeed Lincoln had about the same level of experience Obama had when elected....and he was our finest president...and no I am not comparing them as presidents...only the level of experience they had.

So based on the paucity of executive experience in the oval office I have to conclude that it doesn't mean all that much.

A country is not a company and it is absurd to think that they can be run the same way.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by grover]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

No, it's absurd to think that the country can be run by a law student that never practiced law.. or an organizer that never got his sh*** together..

Lincoln, our greatest president? HA.. Jackson was far better, and not even the best.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TSer78

"It's not uncommon for politicians, like Obama and Bush to hold an office whether Governor or Senator while pursuing a presidency"

And...? So that is the only situation when this is acceptable? I am aware that this happens; countless politicians do this. Liebermann ran for Senator while he ran for VP in '04. The question is why the fuss now? The reaction is it unnacceptable to resign without a political office already declared. If it's ok to do it when running for a different office, it should be acceptable for any reason.
I think Alaska will be fine without her. (Indeed, I think they'll be better off.) But the incessant attack on this woman via the MSM is embarrassing.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Pabama]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by WhatTheory

She took on the Good Ole Boys in Alaska and got rid of them, she was able to negotiate deals and get them done that all previous governors have been unable to do.

She has a proven track record of being able to get it done. She might not be that well versed on political issues of the "lower 48", but she seems to know her stuff when it comes to Alaska.

Oh I hope your source is correct. I so want this to happen. I still don't know if I'd vote for the GOP, but it would definitely make me look twice and possibly consider it if there are some fresh faces that are real fiscal conservatives.

She might not be presidential material, but she sure has the leadership skills to be the GOP chairmen.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

McCain spoke out when some local radio guy in Ohio who was warming up the crowd for him used Obama's middle name, but he said nothing about Democrats, and even his own staffers who have been leaking and trashing Palin.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I am sorry I really like Michael Steele. I think he is a good guy

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Dont forget that Bush was a christian too, and that worked out just dandy.

He was lt governor of my state and was one of the few republican sets that did well.

I must admit better then the democratic
idiot we have now.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

McCain is old school McCain is what republicans used to be before they got to where they are now, which is too consverative.
I really like McCAin personally, he was just following to many bush doctrines.
He isn't a maverick, he is how politics were before they got so devisive and nasty.
He had nothing to do with ruining them. The party did a great job of that on its own.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blind.face

To end this discussion, explain to me what EXECUTIVE experience Obama has over Palin.

Six MONTHS as president and #1 puppet for the Washington elite.

The experience argument fails now, he has been in long enough to be considered experienced!

Regardless of his efforts to blame others it is now officially his economy, his deficit spending and his reckless agendas that will bring down this nation... But in the end he is simply a puppet on a string reading from teleprompters!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

Originally posted by blind.face

Regardless of his efforts to blame others it is now officially his economy, his deficit spending and his reckless agendas that will bring down this nation... But in the end he is simply a puppet on a string reading from teleprompters!

If teleprompters is the best you can come up with, then I consider ourselves lucky. Considering he writes most of his own speeches, which very few presidents have been able to do, including the majority of the Inauguration speech, I can forgive prompter 1.
Which you would never see Palin be able to do. Never heard him blame others, economy sucked long before he got here, he doesn't get credit for it. And no, it doesn't get fixed in six months. If he could get the economy fixed in six months, then he truly does have control, and that would be scarey. Then I will be convinced it is all Oprah's doing. XD

Also do your homework, he was a civil rights attorny, was the first black president of the Harvard law Review,taught constituional law at the University of Chicago for 12 years. Was an Illinois senator for 7 years. He has a best seller that outsold John Grisham.
Oh, he graduated from Harvard University, Columbia University.

And lets see, Sarah Palin graduated with a bs from....North Idaho college.
And was mayor of Wasilla, town of 5k. But the town did great under her mayorship, they just go their first Target!

Hhhmmm to try to say that Sarah Palin has more experience must mean it is joke Wednesday on ATS.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Relax, I was defending the guy, in my own way of course.

The experience argument is a non issue now.... Since your post did not fully address any other points... should I bother to elaborate more on them?

His economy?

His deficit spending?

His reckless agendas that are going to bring down this nation?

Bah, why bother.

He can read and write after all... damn!

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I was referring to the countless people that said 'oh nozz.. If McCain dies.. she will be president.. she isn't experienced'

The same people turned to Obama as the savior when he had less executive experience.. well, he had no executive experience.

Regardless of what people may think.. a President needs Executive qualities as well.. that's why we have failure after failure as President.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Your joking right? Seriously..... Im speachless.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Leaders don't resign before the end of their term.

I agree. She self destructed - IMHO

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I'll believe it when I see it.

I agree with this as well.

I really doubt this is going to happen.
The GOP doesn't support Palin at all.
The 2012 front runners are very obvious in their non-support as well.

Originally posted by grover
Like being a mayor of a town of 7000 and a quitter half way through a first term as governor make her qualified...

Unfortunately, people vote for non-qualified people all the time. Obama had no executive experience and was just a community organizer with two years in the senate. He wasn't qualified at all, but people still voted for him. Go figure.

[edit on 7/8/2009 by FlyersFan]

The GOP seems to support her alot.
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com... in-decision-doesnt-change-minds/
www.usatoday.com...

I guess the GOP just keeps moving further and further to the right, hopefully they will end up falling off the map.

[edit on 7/8/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Steele will resign on Friday, July 10th during the GOP committee members-only conference call and Sarah Palin will become the new GOP Chairperson.
Sarah Palin will be the new Republican Party Chairperson.

Tick-tock, tick-tock. Well this thread is almost ready for the shredder pile.

Last report I saw on the soon-to-be-former Governor Palin, she was wearing High-Water-Waders and sorting fish in Alaska.

Any requests for a final meal What Theory? May I suggest a big hot steamy humble pie?

Regards....KK

[edit on 10-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join