It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO outside airplane window

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hi,

Just wanted to share this image with you but i cant post it in the other forums until i have 20 posts (nned to get typing, ive been a member for a over a year......this is the first interesting thing ive had to show though.....anyway...)

Taken by me from the window of a ryanair flight returning from portugal in may this year.

www.flickr.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
WHOA!!. NICE find! If I could star ya I would! doesn't look like ANY plane, of any kind that i've ever seen!

Right of the bat, there NOTHING on it that looks like it's even CLOSE to being aerodynamic!

2). it's using cloud cover.
As I suspected, need to keep listening to my hunches..

3) if it's not point 2 above, then it's following the plane.

could you tell if it was stationary or staying within a certain distance from the plane??

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Komodo]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Moved back.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
When you are able, can you send the raw file from the camera and not something linked on Flickr? That would help with figuring out what it is.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb1cab2238a3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa0af503b4e1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
When you are able, can you send the raw file from the camera and not something linked on Flickr? That would help with figuring out what it is.

I guess we can only assume that this is the raw footage.
I don't have the software to check if it's CGI or not.

anyone else have or know how to check to see if it is ??

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Quite obviously a water drop on the window.

Water tends to condense onto the window because it's cold.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There is a bright ball of light upper right.
Interesting photo.
Looks oval shape perhaps.
Ever since this oval shape was suggested I've been using
it or just used it in the last to threads on ATS.

Little bits around the edge or underneath along the edge.
A bright spot going from one edge (the front?) to the top.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deran

No its not on the window judging from the picture id say triangular at about 45000 ft due to earth curvature in background. Could be faked but if it is its a good job.

Will take a closer look later to see how it stands up to diffrent filters.

[edit on 7/5/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

Hey! That looks very similar to something I saw flying along side a plane in California about two years ago. I wasn't in the plane though... I was on the ground. Anyway, the plane was descending and then banked, but the object kept going straight. What I saw was a little thicker, but this reminds me of it a lot!

How long was you able to observe this object?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deran

But it doesn't look to be attached to the window. It looks like it's about 1300-1400 feet away from what I see. Nice picture, S&F for you.

[edit on 7/5/0909 by Mookie89]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Could that be a chip in the outer portion of the of the twin-paned window?

It doesn't look like it could fly - but I guess if its a UFO then it wouldnt have to abide by our physics.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks,

Dorian Soran

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
How about a solar balloon?

www.solar-balloons.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Look at the original picture. I'm seeing rings around the supposed aircraft. Is anyone else seeing these rings? Leads me to believe that maybe all is not what it seems.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Also the reflection of the sun on the engine cowling of the plane. I think that more of the craft would be illuminated by the sun if it were quite a distance away. Based upon the picture alone, I would have to say that this is not an arial craft.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

Did anyone else on the plane see this object? Was anyone else on the plane taking pictures and excited about what they were seeing? How about the flight crew, did any of them make any comments about what you were seeing? I'm sure someone on the plane would have alerted them as to another aircraft flying so close to a passenger plane for safety reasons. Just wondering.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
He supposedly didn't see it at the time of shooting, but found it afterwards. It COULD be a droplet of water but from the looks of the other smudges and stuff on the window it's doubtful, especially since it is the ONLY droplet there.. Interesting, but at this point who knows! :p

Great shot though OP.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Deran

Ya know, since it's an airplane, and I'm used to looking out of airplane windows, and I've seen condensation when it forms between the thin plastic protective piece and the actual window, I gotta say, Deran, I think you're wrong.

As far as CGI? I will watch and learn from those who are the experts in that area.

Meantime, it looks like a keeper, as far as unusual photos go.

Any idea of the altitude at the time, OP? Climbing, cruising, or descending? (Basically, after leaving Portugal it would be no more than 25-30 minutes climb to reach cruise, and descent for landing would be about 30 minutes out...if that helps).

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I may be wrong, it might not be a water droplet, but the most rational explanation would be that it is something on the window. Let's get analytical.

It's impossible to tell how far away it is. There may be a false sense of depth because it looks like an object which you'd expect to be large. To prove this, imagine it being a reasonable sized saucer craft. Feels like it's quite a distance away from the airplane, doesn't it?

Now imagine it's something small, placed on the window. Feels just like it is. So we can't really tell it's distance.

However, apparently he didn't see the object when he took the picture. If you're taking a picture out the window, you'd most likely be looking that way aswell. If that thing actually was out there, it would not be hard to miss it. If that thing was on the window, it would most likely be ignored.

Conclusion: it's on the window.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join