It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infestation

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramadwarf Philes
Does anyone have anything that they would like to share, you know, to help out with this problem? I will take any comments on board.

k well when chit hits the fan.. and grocery store shelves are empty.. or you can't get to food.. you still going to be complaining about the supple little meaty bodies throwing themselves at you?

put a couple live-trap-cages around and drive them far away and release them if you're not going to eat them jeesh

-

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Right so you want what? Photos and DNA samples or something now? They're rats my friend, just rats. The Squirrels are Squirrels. So like you could tell their genetic makeup and skeletal structure from a photo of one probably in the distance? That's smooth.
Real smooth. Your insertion of the word Elephant stung like the bee by the way

And I don't think anyone will accuse you of being 'self-flagellating' if I spelt that right, not that I think you'd be too bothered if they did.
But thankyou for that advice old friend, I'll be sure to get you something to work with soon.

And XXXN30, no I'm not so worked up with the newbies, frankly I don't think they've got it in them to be as cunning as the Squirrels.
And I hope you never have to deal with a problem such as this. Thanks
I don't think they're gone though...

Ramadwarf on the invasion

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I'll answer that when/if the time comes dear contributor, but why worry about what might happen in my life time when this is happening around me without the apocolypse stuff? Or at least it was, now it's calmed down considerably. Thanks for the advice though, but if the scenario put to me does come to a head I'll just eat the things.

Ramadwarf on Squirrel pie

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

Right on brother.
But simply a word of CAUTION. You seem to be experiencing minor mood swings as evidenced by a few recent posts. If feelings of joy and jubilation are suddenly and inexplicably replaced by self-doubt and despair, you might be succumbing to the side effects of rat poop. Are you washing your hands thoroughly after disposing of the likely rat droppings certain to propagate your estate?

Also, if you choose to go the rat poison route, be sure to avoid any products with Red Dye #10. I read somewhere it is known to cause unwanted side-effects in laboratory mice.

Sorry if I seem hostile.

Regards...KK

[edit on 3-10-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Hmm, it is a possibility I must say. Red dye #10? Hmm, is that it's namme or have I misread the post? But I'll be sure to look out for that if I ever have to get any such product. At the moment the council are supposed to be looking into it. They wouldn't help with the Squirrels but they'll help (or rather say they will and then not turn up, following that they make it's our fault :mad
with rats. I've also been noticing a few creepy crawleys around the house. Now I do my darndest to keep this place clean and tidy, so why is everything out to mess up my work? Mmm, hoovering tomorrow. Err, staying on topic, two weeks ago, from within my side burns flew four moths. ??? Now I have to worry about insects laying eggs and what not in me too.

I haven't really noticed the mood swings, but I see your point. I'm going to have to be wary of that particular factor of the situation. And I felt concern from your post, I didn't feel you were acting hostile in any way.

Ramadwarf on rats, bugs and emotions

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Don't you see what's going on? Obviously the squirrels have called in the rats as reinforcement -- which can't mean anything other than that they're planning a massive attack in the VERY near future. I wouldn't be surprised, either, if they had learned in the meantime how to construct homemade backpack nuts with supplies from beauty stores.

What really concerns me as well is the message of one the other posters in which he/she mentioned that he/she has American Grey Squirrels around, but they are actually BLACK. This has given me endless nightmares already. It is quite clear to me that these black "Grey" Squirrels must be hybrids, bred by alien squirrel races to infiltrate the domestic squirrel population and pose as one of their own. It appears the hybridization process may not have been 100% successful, which is why these "Grey" Squirrels are of a darker color than their terrestrial peers.

I'm quite sure that if you look closely enough, you'd notice that their eyes are ALL black, with no whites in them. Some posters here also mentioned that they have a kind of persuasiveness to them, trying to make people to let them inside their houses or attics. The OP himself as well as other posters also have admitted that the sight of these hybrid squirrels fills them with an irrational, mortal fear.

So, here's my advice:

- Do NOT let the black squirrels into your house -- even if they swear they MUST use your phone or bathroom. Don't be fooled!
- Do NOT go outside at night; they may be hiding somewhere to ambush you when you least expect it. Also, it seems their powers are stronger in the dark.
- As for the domestic squirrel/rat terrorist cells: If you see any nuts that look like they have been cut open and put back together, RUN! Backpack nuts are said to have a explosive range of ca. 3.75 feet, so make sure you stay at a safe distance.

That's all I have for you right now. I will watch out for squirrels at my own house and report anything suspicious.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
funny I saw this thread. I just came in from the garage ware I just got done cleaning today's hunt. Three black squirrels and 2 red. We have been able to limit out almost every time we have gone out sense small game season started. there truly is a ton of squirrels this year.

There is an increase in squirrels all over it was a great year for nut trees and the more food there is the more squirrels there are going to be. Get rid of the food and you get rid of the squirrels.

Only way to do this is to be out there every day with a rake raking up the acorns they will go elsewhere to find food. Its a lot of work but other then a squirrel holocaust I don't know of any other way.

Just for the record squirrel is really good barbecued. don't knock it til ya tried it. Squirrel stew is also very good.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Oh my God! Ok, since the beginning (in 2008 I mean, way before I even had the internet) I linked the threat to Aliens, but I didn't think of the hybridization procedure, just Squirrel/Alien cross breeding (or is that what you meant too? Hmm, if so credit to you).

It looks like it really IS all going down here after all... And I'm going to have prepare for these erupting nuts! Wahey!

Ramadwarf on nut eruptions and mating

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by angryamerican

We haven't really got any nut trees around here that I know of- and definately no call for raking acorns. I'm not sure what they eat (apart from freshly planted seeds that we have just paid for :flame
. The rats are new so I haven't had time to get to know them much. I would like to though, so that I can see how many there are and whhere how they get their kicks. Thanks though, helpful advice! And I'd like to try Squirrel to be honest, but I ain't doing the dirty work!

Ramadwarf on getting to know the newbies

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

You and or your neighbors may have bird feeders. ware there is bird feeders there is critters other then birds. Just a little food for thought (Pun intended

) That may be the main food source. Speaking as a survivalist, you may want to keep the critters around. if things ever go south you have a food source just out side your door.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by angryamerican]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Animals can often alert us to problems and imbalances in nature.

People have been talking about inordinate numbers of squirrels showing up in places and that many have become migratory because there is a problem with their food source: weather related, or pollution factors, or invasion by another animal species, or sensing a natural disaster about to take place.

You might want to read about the Great Squirrel Migration of 2007.

Chances are if you are seeing more squirrels than ususual...you may have a neighbor who is feeding them.....or this could be animal behaviorial signs that bear watching.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Watch out! I think the squirrels are sending for backup!

raccoons attack!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Alethea I stared you for4 that post. It is wise advise and oh so true. We tend to loose touch with the world around us because of our modern living. Animals live the way they always have so they are usually the first to know whats going on or is going to go on.

Always watch and learn. I could think of many worse things invading then a bunch of over zealous squirrels. Some thing else to think about. If the squirrels which are a food source for much larger animals are moving in then what are those much larger animals going to eat? Its simple really they will follow the squirrels right into peoples back yards. its happening here in my home state of Michigan with bears and cougars.

I recently had a cougar sighting in a place ware no cougar has ever been in my life time. maybe I will copy and paste the post from my site to ATS when I have time. it was a surreal event.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by angryamerican

Well, I'll have a quick check around in the small hours of the morning to see if there are any bird feeders around or anything like that. I saw a mangled pidgeon today not far from the house. It looked like it was killed by a fox but I saw some little claw marks or something on it so the worry is coming back! It looks as though they might be making the most of it before winter; oh God! If I suddenly stop replying you'll know what's happened!

Ramadwarf on a dead pidgeon and predatory behaviour before winter

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Funnily enough, after all these months, I don't think I've even considered this (sorry if someone posted previously about it, I'm sure I would have responded). You are so right! I totally agree with you, but what could they be telling us? Eek! Ah, I can't use my brain too much at the moment- it's pretty delicate for some reason hehehe, but I'll have a slow think about it I'll be sure! Thankyou, who'dve thought we'd have a new idea come in this late in the thread's development?

Ramadwarf on one dandy post and brain ache

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Well, thankfully I haven't seen a racoon roaming the back fence; but we've had Wasps, Squirrels, Rats, Spiders (Some eggs hatched in here a few days ago and it was murder putting them outside one by one...) and even, after SOMEONE left the blumin back door open, a few dozen crane flies. Where is this London or the tropics? So I wouldn't be surprised if, one early morning, when I go out into the garden for a little strum, a bunch of racoons come along and gnaw my legs off; which would prevent me from running away, thus letting the Squirrels get me at last. Huhhh... Still, thanks for the post!

Ramadwarf on getting legless

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join