It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US provides missiles to South Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

US provides missiles to South Korea

www.presstv.ir

The United States will supply South Korea with 40 surface-to-air missiles to enhance its military might against threats originating from the North amid growing tensions in the region.

Quoting military sources, Seoul's Yonhap News Agency reported Sunday that the Defense Ministry would obtain the missiles for an Aegis destroyer in July.

Meanwhile, South Korean Defense Minister Lee Sang-Hee claimed Tuesday in a parliamentary hearing that Pyongyang was secretly enriching uranium to advance its nuclear program.
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   
With all that is going on China getting desperately needed oil deals with IRAQ Just in the nick of time and no obvious protest or mention of concern out of Beijing over recent US/Allie movement I seriously believe a deal was made. IRAQI oil in exchange for cooperation of The North Korean issue.

This will work out for the benefit of both nations.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

link   
So it begins....

Iraqi oil for China if they support sanctions on N Korea

China Gains in Tangled Bidding at Iraq Oil Auction

But only one contract was agreed to on Tuesday. That went to a pairing of BP and the China National Petroleum Corporation for the largest field on offer: Rumaila, near the southern city of Basra, which has proven reserves of 17 billion barrels. Once the bid is accepted by the oil minister, Hussain al-Shahristani, Parliament must issue final approval.

China 'deeply committed' to North Korea sanctions: US official

WASHINGTON (AFP) — China has given its word to the United States that it is "deeply committed" to implementing tough new nuclear sanctions against North Korea, a senior US official said Friday.

The official also said that as part of the effort to put a straitjacket on Pyongyang after its latest nuclear test and missile launches, Washington had set up an inter-agency team to coordinate the sanctions with other nations.

"They are certainly saying quite strenuously that they are deeply committed to full implementation of the provisions that are in the resolution," the senior administration official said, referring to China.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I guess no one should be surprised by any of this. Im certainly not.

By the way NK seems strangely quiet...niot much news from them in the last few days. In fact, the ship the US has been tracking for the last week or so has turned around LOL

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Edit. LOL
He shot a comment in while I was typing this up.

Your right it should have been expected.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

huggs

your right on the oil deal being played!!,,,,something was played into a deal...

just hope it was a fair hand,,,

hope somethings being done behind closed door to get the 2 journilist out,,,,must be horrible for them...I thought about them last night and felt worried for them...

huggs everyone

[edit on 1-7-2009 by amyfriend]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
i noticed too that news about N Korea have gone quiet for the past days...but this happened before just after the nuclear test in May...still the NK website shows sign they take the US issue on daily basis..here are some headlines

june 30-06-2009

U.S. Promise to Provide "Nuclear Umbrella" to S. Korea Blasted

Pyongyang, June 30 (KCNA) -- The U.S. chief executive invited puppet traitor Lee Myung Bak of south Korea to visit Washington in mid-June and promised him to provide "extended deterrence" including "nuclear umbrella" to south Korea and made it public in an official document.

What merits a serious attention is that the U.S. and south Korea declared that they would openly put into practice their scenario for a nuclear attack on the DPRK which has been secretly pushed forward in the backroom for years, the commentary notes, and goes on: There are already signs of this development.

There are reports that the nuclear-powered carrier George Washington has appeared in the waters close to the Korean Peninsula and the U.S. 7th fleet combat group led by the nuclear-powered carrier Ronald Reagan left its mainland and headed for Northeast Asia.

The U.S. will be held fully accountable for all the consequences to be entailed by the nuclear stand-off between the DPRK and the U.S.

Korean People Vow Vengeance on U.S. Imperialists

www.kcna.co.jp...

Cases of Aerial Espionage against DPRK on Steady Increase

www.kcna.co.jp...

still to me it seems like a baby crying for attention...sry but no money for threathining anymore Pyongyang

[edit on 1-7-2009 by heineken]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
play the game , think ou`ll find only 1 contract going to the USA from iraq - upsetting certain `oil barons` , but setting the stage for bigger to come.

when will they go into saudi arabia then?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The Saudis have a long history with the US.
I dont think that would ever happen.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

flying airliners into buildings does not make for a `great`1 history not matter how long it is

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Good post!
Well it's about time China cooperated a little more on the N Korea issue. If it took an Iraq oil deal to facilitate that, I don't see a huge problem with that.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Nice gesture and all...but it won't make one slight bit of difference if it ever came to a military confrontation between the two countries.The only thing that would keep N.Korea at bay is nuclear weapons, and we don't want that genie out of the bottle.I see this as more of PR campaign towards N.Korea and has no substantial basis for when it comes to actual warfare.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

flying airliners into buildings does not make for a `great`1 history not matter how long it is

There are some here who believe that was a false flag operation and others believe it to be a very real example of extremists. How ever the cards fell on that one I do believe that Bush very realistically took advantage of the situation and got us in "The Game"

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I find your continued use of an Iranian propaganda website for items of "world" news far more interesting.

And 40 surface to air missiles does not increase "your military might", it barely covers the loadout for one destroyer.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Who said anything about increasing "Military might"
I'm just reporting the news

new topics

top topics

join