It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Al Franken wins Minn. Senatorial election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Get ready folks, the Republicans are going to turn up the volume on their little piss party.

You think it's bad on the board now? Just wait. The GOP is going to try and make everyone think that America is going to spontaneously implode and everyone will die some horrid death because of the legislation passed by the senate.

Of course it will all be Obama's fault too. But that's just a given.

[edit on 7/1/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Well, when you have more votes counted than there are registered voters, something stinks to High Heaven.

Do I see the influence of ACORN? You bet I do...

Well what went wrong? Didn't you have Dibold?

BTW jibeho, we proved that Barry BS false a while ago. Sorry.

[edit on 7/1/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Get ready folks, the Republicans are going to turn up the volume on their little piss party.

You think it's bad on the board now? Just wait. The GOP is going to try and make every think that America is going to spontaneously implode and everyone will die some horrid death because of the legislation passed by the senate.

Oh, now we can get back to the good ole days when deomocrats controlled the house, senate and the oval office. Weren't those the glory days? I can't wait till my interest on my mortgage gets to 12% like the good ole days!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Yes cause those evil Democrats forced you into an adjustable rate mortgage. Those damn dirty democrats! How dare they make me sign an ARM! If the Republicans were in office I would have a Fixed Rate Mortgage!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

And why would we hold Obama responsible? it's not he's the President or anything, right?

So tell me, when we start seeing Obamamobiles on the streets, gas prices at $15.00 per gallon, 20% unemployment, and mass amounts of homeless, who do we blame, Bush, Santa, Hitler?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

So tell me, when we start seeing Obamamobiles on the streets

Obamamobile? Well I would blame the vehicle designer, unless it's a rocking ride, then I guess you could blame, no wait, still have to blame the vehicle designer.

gas prices at $15.00 per gallon

Could blame OPEC, and those bastards that refine oil. But that's too much like work isn't it?

20% unemployment, and mass amounts of homeless

Had that in Michigan while Bush was in office, but I guess that's Obama's problem now, even though it's not Bush or Obama's problem its Ben Bernanke who caused the problem to begin with.

who do we blame, Bush, Santa, Hitler?

You really can't set me up like that

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Yeah because the Bush years and back were just a bad nightmare. Some of you guys seem to forget what Bush did. The economic collapse happened on his watch.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Bearack

Yes cause those evil Democrats forced you into an adjustable rate mortgage. Those damn dirty democrats! How dare they make me sign an ARM! If the Republicans were in office I would have a Fixed Rate Mortgage!

ROFL, apparently, you don't recall the last time the dem's controlled the world, do you? Interest rate hikes were not due to ARMS or subprime loans during the Carter administration! Carter and the democratic controlled house and senate let inflation spiral out of control.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Yeah because the Bush years and back were just a bad nightmare. Some of you guys seem to forget what Bush did. The economic collapse happened on his watch.

On his watch during a democratic controlled congress!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Don't go dragging Carter into this. MY GOD PLEASE DON'T BRING CARTER into this mess. That's the LAST thing we need in this country!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Bearack

Don't go dragging Carter into this. MY GOD PLEASE DON'T BRING CARTER into this mess. That's the LAST thing we need in this country!

But, to be fair, that is what happened when democrats controlled every branch of the government. Remember the global freezing frenzy?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

I'm not quite that old yet. I was 5 years old when Reagan won in a landslide over Carter.

What I have read though doesn't paint a pretty picture.

Of course times were different then, in 2000 we had a budget surplus. 8 years latter. We got crap on a stick and the new guy has spent more money than I can possibly imagine.

Course it all boils down to the FED. Not the President, and not Al Frankin.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
****!!!!

Well, the end of America has come. This really chews my bones. Well once he is seated they Dem's have nobody to blame but themselves for the coming # storm.

yeah right...obviously there are NO blue dog democrats in that 60 vote majority...these are ALL true democrats that want to help the little people...yeah right. and if you believe that i got a stock to sell you that bernie madoff set up for me. step right up...i'm waiting. FOX NEWS is licking it's chops. actually the FOX NEWS FOXES are hiking up their skirts alttle more, so there has been some...cough..."research viewing" that i have been taking part in.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Bearack

I'm not quite that old yet. I was 5 years old when Reagan won in a landslide over Carter.

What I have read though doesn't paint a pretty picture.

Of course times were different then, in 2000 we had a budget surplus. 8 years latter. We got crap on a stick and the new guy has spent more money than I can possibly imagine.

And Bush left you with a 1.2 trillion dollar debt, why then are so relaxed and the additional 10 trillion in spending Obama is proposing. He has not proposed any solution to the spending that makes Bush's spending seem like child play other than tax the hell out of everyone. One way to curtail cost and reduce spending is by reducing government. Bush expanded government hence the national debt and Obama is taking Bush's expansion and making that triple, if not more!

Course it all boils down to the FED. Not the President, and not Al Frankin.

The fed is a major problem, having a private entity with this kind of control. We agree there. Where we don't agree is on the president and congress. They are the ones who facilitate the spending. The Fed just prints what they ask and hopes that enough will buy the treasury notes to cover the cost.....at an lousy interest rate to the tax payer, mind you.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I would like to congratulate Al Franken and his staff. It took a lot of long hours and hard work to get a guy so controversial elected in a state like Minnesota. Minnesota isn't a real conservative state but he was kind of a blockbuster nominee, hopefully he will be a stand up Senator. Now we can quit wasting tax $ and time on an election that should have been over months ago.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
From the state that gave us Governor Jesse the Body we now give you Al Franken. This should be interesting. Lets hope that he can contain his temper tantrums and his rants on the Senate floor.

I wonder if he ever paid his back taxes?

Overlooked in coverage of Tim Geithner’s and Tom Daschle’s unpaid taxes is the $70,000 that Minnesota Democratic senatorial candidate Al Franken has admitted to owing in back taxes, interest, and penalties.

Last April, the California Tax Franchise Board revealed that Franken owed the state $5,800 in taxes, fines, and penalties because he did not file returns in 2003 through 2007. Franken then admitted that he owed more than $50,000 in back taxes to 17 states.

17 states!!!. oops blame the accountants. Obviously, Al was absolved by the voters of Minnesota. Must be the "D" by his name.

Here is my favorite part!!!

Commenting on Daschle’s withdrawal as a Cabinet nominee, President Barack Obama said, “Ultimately it’s important for this administration to send a message that there aren’t two sets of rules. You know, one for prominent people and one for ordinary folks who have to pay their taxes.”

www.newsmax.com...

Well apparently there are 2 sets of rules Mr. President. They "found" enough votes to give Franken the job and now you have you Super Majority to play around with.

The Double Standard that has been set by this administration is criminal and will not be tolerated by the people of this country. Let's see what happens to me when I forget to file my taxes for the next four years. Perhaps you'll see me running for office.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Now, let's take a look at the choice of the people in the great state of Minnesota for the U.S. Senate.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf2545825326.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Now, let's take a look at the choice of the people in the great state of Minnesota for the U.S. Senate.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf2545825326.jpg[/atsimg]

I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth.

/thinks of sand paper to scrape this image from my brain!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

I may use that as an avatar.

Have to remember Bearack that Frankin is a comedian which makes him ideally suited to be one of the clowns in Washington.

So... Who's ready for some great social programs? How about Education? Won't that be nice? Maybe we can get a generation of kids through school that can read.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

reply to post by Bearack

No, but they sure suckered a lot of people into believing that everyone was entitled to live in a $400,000 home on a $30,000 salary.

And they paid off their friends in the mortgage industry with bonuses and commissions to keep the ball rolling.

And they were handsomely rewarded with campaign donations from Fannie Mae, etc., as kickbacks.

Thanks, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Jamie Gorelick, Frankly Raines, etc....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join