It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypogeum of Ħal-Saflieni

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by scarface1111

hy scarface1111 i happen to be from qormi malta aswell and have asked about this case to a few people. my brother in law used to work for the museum of archeology and have heard rumours about this case. he says that his collegue had told him that he remebered the excavations and that there was an extreme secrecy about the case at the time. only few were allowed in the lower chambers and some documents about the excavations were truly lost. he said also that magri was a very healty man and full of ambition. his death was mysteriously a sudden death when he was abroad in tunisia at the same time of the excavations.
now almost a hundred years have pased and as the story was hidden from the beginning only few aged people might rember something what truly happened.
just for your info

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Have you thought of starting a cave thread?

Caves are unexplored territory and anyone who researches them will uncover a thing or two. Why not post what you know? Not every thread has to be a huge research piece...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
I'm even more amazed that there are a couple of Malta ATS members that live there and are unaware of this story?!

Whats so odd about that is that Malta is a very small island, no bigger than a city in size and population.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Last call for any

Maltese

people who could shed more light on this.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
hey all, this is my first post here so please be kind

im another malteser, and was just surfing around reading up about or history when i stumbled on this site (which is right up my alley, so ill be giving the other threads a good investigation soon enough).

id say im pretty well versed with many conspiracy theories and unexplained phenomena etc, including some maltese ones (though apart from the CART RUTS, some very supposedly very haunted places and possible atlantis links, i cant really think of much else, so i was pleasently surprised by what i read here. i was unaware of the skull binding in hal-saflieni, as well as the smaller, very intriguing details like the supposedly removed apis (or bull) depiciton in the hypogeum, as well as the more fanciful (though still fascinating) tale of the subterranean humanoids in the temples.

to people who have been asking locals for any info: i dont know much in terms of an organised cover-up or falsification of findingsregarding the hypogeum or other temples in malta (including venus cults etc) but one thing im convinced of is a worldwide trent with many supposedly respected archeologists who would rather falsify discoveries to fit an established consensus rather than propose a risky new take on things. one person i think guilty of this is zawi hawas the celebrated egyptologist whom i think has kept a lot of info from the public regarding many egyptian finds.

i find it very intriguing that this may be the case here. a lot of well-though out posts above (especially regarding runes and shamanism, theirocephaly etc) has got me thinking about the islands' history in a way i never did before. which is great!

and to people who were asking about the language, it is strange indeed. my mother is english and our proximity to italy means that i am pretty fluent in both languages as well as maltese, so can attest to it being a hotchpotch of tongues, though its semitic roots are plain to see (numbers in maltese are almost identical to arabic (wiehed 1, tnejn 2, tlieta 3, erba 4, hamsa 5, sitta 6, seba 7, tmienja 8, disa' 9, ghaxra 10 etc) with a very big romance (latin) influence. recently english loan words (particularly in technological terms) have become increasingly common. very interesting, but not easy to learn!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
excellent thread.
you might add, how did neolithic, or prehistoric people build the thing? look at the precision cutting of the rock and all the excavation work involved - its several levels down. gives you an idea of what the other temples on malta might have looked like.

why are all the 'mother goddess' statues in malta missing their heads?

why does the massive one in one of the temples look like she's wearing a skirt?

check out the claims about the acoustic properties of the temples.

why was the elongated head skull taken off display to the public and locked up so that you now need ministerial approval to see it? why is it missing features taht a normal human (bound head) skull would have? where are all the rest of the skulls they found there?

why are there so many temples on malta and gozo?

was it the centre of some ancient mother goddess cult? and who was she and why was she depicted as being fat; why did they not show her head, and why did they worship her?

this mother goddess worship dates to prehistoric times. - venus de willendorf. the women are often depicted with cut marks on the sides of their ribs - stretch marks for pregnancy?

is the little necklace ornament that looks like a comma, which has been found in japan and malta i believe, a depiction of the early stage formation of a human foetus?

was she maybe an alien who gave birth to the first human prototypes, as sitchen discusses in his books - ie. the annunaki genetically created humans then used women of their own race as surrogate mothers, to give birth to them - i.e. 'birth goddesses ' who would naturally be worshipped - being aliens and mothers of the human race..??? also could explain her missing heads and the elongated skulls found. annunaki skulls? cover up??

whats with all the 'skullduggery' fraud and cover ups and defacement of archaeological sites going on in malta? (as discussed and exposed by graham hancock in his book underworld, i think). are some archaeologists destroying evidence and obscuring facts? why? who's beind it?

similar big statues of women - mother goddesses probably - are found at the strange site of kamalya moya in the ukraine - i may have misspelt that.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I stumbled upon this forum today while I was doing some reading on cave networks. I happen to be from Malta and I can assure you that you wont find anyone capable of giving you concrete info regarding this.
You see there are lots of hidden secrets and conspiracies that are kept away from the public here. Ages ago the government also abolished the use of metal detectors - with the excuse of destroying the historical heritage. There is indeed something special about our Island but we cannot get to the bottom of it. The people, specially todays youth, are "on-purpose" alienated with clubbing/discos/entertainment and gambling. We also have a very good forum where we discuss practically anything about the truth that we are hidden from (political / cultural and religious) - vivamalta.org. I invite you to have a look at it.

P.S - If I get any interesting info ill surely shout it to you guys.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
interesting read anymore info on this i can remember reading about the missing children on malta

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Star and flag for this thread OP. very fascinating.

As I read the points of your opening post, the subterranean temple, littered with bones, with statues of hybrid pig-people, the secrecy and the cover up, i could not help but be reminded of one of my favorite H. P. Lovecraft stories. The points almost exactly match the plot of "Rats in the walls".

To summarize for those who have not read it.

A man returns from America having inherited a castle and begins to renovate it. His family and the castle itself had many dark stories told about them by the locals for ages. As, he begins to restore it he starts hearing rats clawing in the walls, which leads to the discovery of an old Roman Temple in the basement. But, then beneath the altar they find am even older subterranean temple dedicated to the magna matre, the great mother. To his horror he discovers that members of his family belong to a cult that went back to neolithic times. One that not only practiced ritual cannibalism, but actually also bred and raised a stock of inbreed mutated swine people in the hidden caverns specifically for that purpose. The discover drives him mad and he ends up in an asylum and the discovery is hushed up.

Now I am not suggesting that a similar discovery was made in this case, but many of your points couldn't help but remind me of that story. And one could wonder, after all it could explain the archeological secrecy, the sheer horror of the truth repulsed and terrified them.

Anyway fun to speculate and excellent thread.

if anyone wants to read the story it can be found here.

www.dagonbytes.com...

There is also a modern dramatized version of the story I highly recommend by The Atlantic Radio Theater Company

www.youtube.com...

edit on 19-1-2014 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos and spelling

edit on 19-1-2014 by prisoneronashipoffools because: added comment and link

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I am amazed at all of the elaborate underground cities found all around the world, and often ponder what the reasons could be. Modern man can't even build a school that doesn't become outdated in fifty years in America, yet these cities have lasted hundreds of years!

Whatever the reason for people living underground, I find it curious that modern man is building vast underground cities as well....hmmm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join