It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS monitored by ADL and/or MOSSAD?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I would like to say that, in my opinion, I believe that the ADL and maybe even MOSSAD is monitoring ATS/BTS because of some of the threads being posted here on ATS/BTS that question not only what Israel does in the Middle East, by with some of the other threads on the Holocaust and others about the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion. It would seem to me to be a requirement for them to monitor sites that question Israeli and ADL tactics both in Israel and around the world. It makes sense anyway. How else would they, or anyone else for that matter, keep tabs on people that they know question what they do? I'd like to know if others here on ATS would agree with my assessment.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The ADL ... No Doubt. That particular non profit is tasked with the very job of watching everyone to make sure no body is being "Anti Semitic" according to their definition of the word.

The Mossad.... I would lean towards no because thats what they have the ADL for... I am sure if those in the ADL saw anything they thought should be passed on to a higher up they would do so in a heart beat.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Nope. People really do just hate Israel and Judaism that much.

No one really monitors ATS besides the non-biased admins and stuff. They let people post whatever they want.

Some anti-semitic/anti-Israeli groups do send out troops to post things, though. Pretty sure. But they have no association with ATS ownership.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I didn't get the idea that the OP meant that ATS was involved in the monitoring for such things. I understood it as asking if ADL read the threads to see what was being said.

I would say yes, the ADL is here. They are probably the ones that run around screaming anti-semitism everytime someone types Jew.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Wow. Of course they (we :lol
monitor this site. I mean - there is top secret right there in the name. And above...
So every citizen of Israel (or ADL) has to monitor all the recent developments, especially in the unknown areas of scrolls of elders, Holocaust denial,anti-semitic rants and other stuff that is not found in millions of places all other the net. Every racist is profiled, with tabs (what is it?) and special Mossad/ADL agent attached. Since there are much more racists then those agents, unemployment in Israel is 0.
Also Mossad checks under the sink, in dumpsters and in the refrigirator. Well known stuff, actually.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't know if the ADL or Mossad actually monitor ATS,but is it possible? of course.

No one really monitors ATS besides the non-biased admins and stuff

(op by Ravenshadow)

I don't believe that is the case though Raven.Not by a long shot.
The ENTIRE internet is monitored,always,by many alphabet agencies all over the planet.(IMHO)

Cheers,SS

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
And why would they bother to monitor ATS?

To find out that there are racists and bigots on the interwebs?

I'm pretty sure they know.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
And why would they bother to monitor ATS?

To find out that there are racists and bigots on the interwebs?

Yes. Quite simply the ADL makes it their mandate to track extremists and after the Holocaust memorial shooting you can bet your bottom dollar that they are spending more time on conspiracy sites looking for the next von brunn.

In fact they even say the random act of lunacy is part of an escalating wave of hate against jews.

Its all there on the ADL.org site...but for a more balanced observation I would ask Wiki about the ADL.

Still I doubt the mossad would waste their valuable time here... Again that is what the ADL is for.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Titorite, I think you misunderstood my point.

The ADL goes after what they deem to be 'hate speech' ...

scrutinizes and exposes extremists and hate groups
monitors hate on the Internet
provides expertise on domestic and international terrorism
probes the roots of hatred
develops and delivers educational programs
fosters interfaith/intergroup relations
mobilizes communities to stand up against bigotry
defends the security of Israel and Jews worldwide
maintains a comprehensive and up-to-date Web site: www.adl.org

Their MO is to go after websites and sources which in their opinion promote hate and bigotry.

That is not the nature of ATS.

That is to say that ATS doesn't promote, endorse, or champion, any political or social ideology.

The content posted within is not endorsed by ATS as the T&C clearly states. As such, the ADL has no real interest here, as the most they can gleam by visiting ATS is that there are individuals who have anti-semitic and/or racist penchants. A fact that they are painfully aware of and don't need to come here to discover.

Now, have they done a couple of google searches that have led them to threads here?
Probably.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
its pretty much a dead cery that they, and every other secret service / spy agency keeps a very close eye to this site for leaks and whistleblowers esspecialy... i mean, how else would they know when to unleash the disinfo posters (like in the last bout of the gaza conflict).

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The internet is a tremendous and powerful tool for spreading information and knowledge. It's the very purpose of it from the beginning.
It's as powerful for spreading disinfo and erroneous content, sometimes only by ignorance. We are certainly our best disinfo agents.

I have seen many posters here stating the PTB are overwhelmed by the internet and its freedom of speech, they feel threatened because they couldn't forecast it.
I don't think so. They knew very well the endless possibilities of the internet, they knew the internet well before we had heard about it. They understood the importance it will have in our lives long before us. They have watched it growing and helped it grow. How could they have missed it ?

Any agency whose task is to watch or interfere with public opinion cannot stay out of the internet. I think nowadays it's the major source for instant info of the people's reactions. And the best tool to curve it.
In my opinion, we are not leaving in an information society. We are flooded with information so that we don't know anything anymore. The most simple event becomes confused. It's the non-info era.

I am 100% sure all kind of agencies and governments bodies roam boards like ATS, it's easy and efficient, why wouldn't they ? I see the internet as a ressource and everybody fighting for the control of it.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Manouche]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

Very well said Manouche,and Boaby_fett

The net,with all its forums and chat rooms is the biggest intelligence mine in the history of humanity.
Thoughts are laid bare,opinions shared,social connections made and broken-this is gold dust to the Intel people!
A picture of certain elements of society can be built up from such a resource.
Intelligence can be collected,databased,assimalated.
I just hope that what they learn from the ATS crowd is that most of us are decent,well meaning brothers and sisters who just want the world to be a better place someday.
To seek the truth is NOT a crime.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Make no mistake they are paying attention:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The vast majority of that I have no problem with. But this: “providing training on extremist ideologies” concerns me - a private, citizen based organization acting in conjunction with law enforcement to define/identify “extremism” and “terror.”

By whose standards?

I just can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing yet. I hate the haters (!?), but free speech is important and there is an uncomfortable fine line there...

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Sergeant Stiletto]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

Any forum with a SURVIVALIST sub section-certainly would be a good start for the websites being monitored.But also:

Any forum where
current events,
political ideologies,
religion,
history,
books,
newspapers,
hannebu,
astronomy,
physics,
biometrics,
free energy,
astrology,
main stream media,
wikipedia,
UFOs,
Yamantau,
IEDs,
Cattle mutilation,
CIA,
Black helicopters,
KKK,
Area51
NSA,
Inner earth,
Tunguska,
Bilderberg,
Yawn I could go on but you get the picture...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

Indeed

they like to keep in the loop and know what's going on

ATS is just another source of info for them

and I'm sure they do disseminate disinfo on here

no doubt about it

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

not disagreeing with you really but this thread, as I understand, was more about monitoring anti-semitic sentiment on ATS and I suppose the world in general.

My view is that organizations such as the ADL aren't concerned with individuals per se. As I said above, they monitor web sites and other publications that promote what they view as a 'hateful' agenda. ATS is not such a website, it has a 'neutral' approach and as long as civility/decorum are observed, and hoaxing is not perpetrated, they take no view political, social, or otherwise.

What the ADL monitors and tries to counter is when marginal/hateful attitudes enter the mainstream media. Make no mistake about it, they DO have an agenda, and it's not all based on world love and pretty flowers. But nothing that happens on this site could possibly trigger their undivided attention.

I know we all think that everything we say is earth shatteringly important, narcissism seems to be to some degree a necessary aspect of most CTs, but I assure you, other than a few sad and misplaced souls who just don't like jewish folk, there isn't much for the ADL to chew on on ATS. And should extreme crap like that rear its head, the staff does a great job at nipping it in the bud.

Now, the NSS ... we are always watching you!

[edit on 27 Jun 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Is this website being visited by *Agencies*? Yes - without a doubt.

The reason for it however is what is questionable.

For instance, I personally know someone who works for the NZ Security Intelligence Service in my country (NZ).

They were at one time a Member here on ATS.
Not sure if they still are under another user-name...possibly.

His role within NZSIS is/was predominately Intel gathering.
He - and he also said *others* - would spend time surfing various websites. Reading, posting etc.

I asked him why...his response (to the best of my recollection) was:

A number of reasons;
1. "Some of its actually pretty funny. I don't know everything about everything...and I'm savy enough and experienced enough to know that what *we're* told by our superiors is also likely half truth and half bollocks anyway. I'd be a sucker to take every internal memo as gospel.

But reading through some of the threads here and other websites...and having some knowledge of some subjects being discussed...really, half the time we just sit there in the office and send eachother links to threads which are sooo out there its just hilarious. Some of it is more in your line of work" (I work in Mental Health).

2. "Its not so much the big events that we are looking for or trying to intercept - as often big events start from lots of smaller ones.
Events tend also not to appear out of the blue...and tend not to be committed by super-secretive groups who only appear out of the woodwork when they strike. Though hey, occasionally we are caught with our pants down...but you'd be surprised just how much we catch beforehand that the general public doesn't hear about.

Instead most events, most threats to National Security and the security of our collaberative Nations (I include this bit, as part of the NZSIS brief is to work with other Agencies in other Nations and assist eachother with Intel) stems from smaller groups who just talk about it for a while before rising up and taking action.
Most people are all talk. We know that. But on the odd occasion it'll be someone or some group that just takes it that bit further who represent the risk and threat as we see it.

Really bro - if you want to catch fish you need to fish where there may be fish swimming...and for us a website such as ATS, that is the largest of its type, can at times be a shining beacon for the fish we're hoping to catch.

Crazy is as crazy does...and often its just that one rogue crazy who moves from talking it to walking it that becomes the fly in our nations and other nations ointment.

As far as I'm concerned, and how I operate, its not about suppressing the masses. Its not about any NWO world domination thing. Its as simple as heading off the next looney with a gun who wants to smoke up a school, shoot some nations leader, storm a Govt building, hack a banking system, bomb a building."

I asked him if they ever posted 'disinfo' or perhaps even in some ways encouraged some people/posters to see if they were the type of risk/threat they were hoping to circumvent. His response:

"Generally no...but sometimes if you wanna draw out a particular mouse you have to lay out some cheese"

I asked him what they do if/when they find a *mouse*. His response:

"Hahaha...call in the exterminator. No. Kidding. We just flag anything and send if off to our 'superiors' and/or our collaberative Nations. What they do with it, who knows, probably just sits with the mountains of other crap they must get every day.
Occasionally we'll get a memo back instructing us to monitor something a bit more closely."

Editted to add:
He also said this bit:
"You know bro - who knows whats really going on.
I'm not stupid enough or naive enough to think for a second that I'd ever be part of the 'inner circle' and having such knowledge.
I know I'm just a cog in a much larger machine.
I also know that chances are, by the very nature of it all, that I could be being fed a big feed of crappola right alongside anyone and everyone else.
I could well be being instructed to monitor specific things in some attempt to divert attention. Slight of hand and distraction, heck, it happens.

There is an element of smoke and mirrors going on...I'd be a fool to think otherwise. Just how much smoke and mirrors is the question.
But seriously you could be forever chasing your tail to find out...it'd do your head in.
Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do, look after your own butt and maybe even accept theres crap you'll never know and get on with living your life."

My response to him:
"Well...yeah, I hear ya. But I guess if we don't question, if we don't seek, then hey we may well wake up one day as slaves to something we can't stop any more"

His response:
"Yeah - sounds good. Sounds nice on principle...in practice however, well, thats the kicker."

Peace.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by alien]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Interesting post! Thanks for that info.

I figured that this site is being monitored. It is huge and it pretty much has everything and anything about alternative topics. Everything is in one place and every info finds its way to here even if it is only to be exposed as hate speech or hoax. It makes sense that Intel agencies would monitor this site instead of trolling dozens of smaller sites.

On a lighter note, we have neatly cataloged, catagorised and flagged ourselves to make it easy for Them to find us and keep us in line. We are our own worst enemy

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
No doubt agents of foreign interest and ADL monitor ATS. They are paranoid and aggressive people scared to death of being found out. The more people find out about their evil nature the more hostile the world becomes to them.

The favourite trick they play to find out the details of members on ATS is to throw up a link to an unheard of site. When you link up, they capture your ip address and the rest is easy.

I suggest that you right click on any links, choose properties and see the link address. If it is to some obscure and unknown site, don't bother going there. If you are still curious, there are various anonymizer link sites on the net and link through there.

[edit on 043030p://pm3016 by masonwatcher]

new topics

top topics

join