It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian=Uneducated?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If you were listening to me talk or had some other contact with someone and found what they had to say interesting that would be great. If that person had good ideas,seemed educated, all that stuff, but then told you he believes in fairys and talks to them on his knees every night, spends sundays with a bunch of other people worshipping fairys, and sometimes prays to the son of everyones favorite fairy wouldnt that person lose credibility and seem not so smart anymore. Thats where i am at, I dont hate christians i just dont think they are very smart.

If you will notice above I never said the word un-educated. You people are almost proving my point for me.
People can get all sorts of education and still not be smart.

Now if you will look above again you might notice that what I said was" a person that believes in fairys loses credibility and seems not so smart anymore".

True story.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If you were listening to me talk or had some other contact with someone and found what they had to say interesting that would be great. If that person had good ideas,seemed educated, all that stuff, but then told you he believes in fairys and talks to them on his knees every night, spends sundays with a bunch of other people worshipping fairys, and sometimes prays to the son of everyones favorite fairy wouldnt that person lose credibility and seem not so smart anymore. Thats where i am at, I dont hate christians i just dont think they are very smart.

If you will notice above I never said the word un-educated. You people are almost proving my point for me.
People can get all sorts of education and still not be smart.

Now if you will look above again you might notice that what I said was" a person that believes in fairys loses credibility and seems not so smart anymore".

True story.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Wow, Ashley, I think we get your point........

Why must you be so closed minded about religion, close minded about gods? You call them fairies, we call them gods. Those fairies you speak of mean everything to a massive amount of people, you're ignorant to have the audacity to belittle our faith like that. Like I've said before, I feel sorry that you can't see what we do, hopefully you'll open your eyes in the future. I'm sorry to say this to you personally, but it had to be said.

It's sad that people have to be so closed minded and without any respect for others.

Oh, by the way, you did say we're unintelligent/uneducated...

I am not a christian and it doesnt bother me a bit when christians claim this a christian nation. Obviously, i am proof, and others like me are proof, and other religions here are also proof. It cant be a christian nation.
It may have been predominately christian several hundred years ago, but who really cares. What does that have to do with today?
As the bible loses its value in the modern world, it becomes just a polarizing book for the less than intelligent.
I think clinging to the false statement 'america is a christian nation' is the last effort of the religious. The last breath of a dying man,,,,,so to speak.
Thats why they defend it so much.Even though it is not true, But then again, when have you ever turned to a christian for the truth.

That, and you called me "blind" for no reason whatsoever.

[blind]What is your blind self talking about morals and values for? Are cuss words christian?

So I'm not sure what the truth is coming from you, either.

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by Faisca]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Oh, I thought it was funny you cussed in your post about being a good christian. That was all, i dont care.

By the way un-intelligent and un-educated are not the same. Your proving my point again,thanks.
You are educated but it is in the bible, big deal.
One could run around saying they are educated in mermaids, alot of other people believe in mermaids too, together we all know alot about mermaids, but i read a book about mermaids, oh mermaids are great,blah,blah,blah.
Your still talking about mermaids.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What does cussing have anything to do with Christianity or being a moral person? I can say F*ck, @$$, what have you, that doesn't make me any less of a good Christian. Unless of course I take the Lord's name in vain, but we all make mistakes.

Wait, I'm sorry, didn't prove your point. But you did prove one of mine. That people like to stereotype and be closed minded about Christians and Christianity. You ASSUME I'm only educated in the Bible, and I only believe what the Bible tells me to........ Well I'm sorry, but that's not the case. I'm educated in many things, none of them being mermaids by the way. I'm educated in science, politics, philosophy, math (well... math is my weak point), the arts, history, current events, what have you. I'm educated in many things.

I don't believe only what the Bible tells me. I don't think the story of Adam and Eve or the creation story are literally true. I believe that God created the means for everything in the world to be, but science and nature brought about evolution. Evolution. Oh my! A Christian who believes in the theory of evolution? Yup, that's me. Wow... who would of thought that. Apparently not you, because you are too close minded to see that as a possibility.

So yeah, that's that. I apologize to Ashley, and everyone else for making this a Me vs Ashley type deal, but I have to get my feelings out, and I feel that they're universally applicable (well, for the most part).

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Um, yeah, cussing does make you less Christian, as Christian means Christ like. However, you are not at all alone. My big stupid mouth can throw out some bad ones. We are, however, forgiven.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I am a christian as well, and even though there is most likely a group of christians that rather not gains knowledge or discusses with other non-christians because they are not strong in their faith, I think it's a pretty ignorant thing to day that christians in general are most likely to be ignorant.

What I noticed is that even when you try to talk to non-christians about stuff like evolution and the history of earth, they trashtalk you once you mention the word "God".
I am quite sure my "non-religious" arguments were quite strong, but still some people choose only to respond to the religious parts, calling me ignorant and using the word "God" whenever I don't understand something.

This narrow attitude makes me angry, because it often seems to me that when non-christians have no arguments left anymore, they start talking about "heavenly ignorance" and "staying dumb for God".
God wants us to be wise, God wants us to be strong in our faith, and He wants us to have knowledge and skills to argue with other wise people.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Jakko]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I would have to say that people in general are becoming stupid. take the coals in a grill for example: For the most part they all start out burning red . As time pases there glow fades and eventually they just burn out. PS Christians are not perfect, just forgiven!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Many times, yes...
Being Christian does in many cases mean you are uneducated. It means in many cases that you don't question anything due to lazyness. It means in may cases that you are a follower and not a leader.

This is not a rule, just a tendancy. Most "Christians" have never taken the time to read their own book. Most "Christians" don't live life the way that they should while criticising others. "Christians" need to get off of their soap box, and start reading their own doctrine that they hold so highly. Read it carefully. Maybe they should do what it tells them to do......so they can go to jail.

You see, believing in God for yourself is one thing. Most people though, believe because they are told to, and they don't question what they are told. Thats just what religion is about.

[Edited on 5/17/2004 by Seapeople]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join