It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Um... Martian Hermit Crab?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

thanks, i was confusing this one then. but the grain of the terrain does lead me to believe the impact may have been the culprit.

here's a pic of the probe I had this one confused with, the Spirit.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by JScytale]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well one thing is that if it was pushed by something, why isn't there stuff in front of it picked up from pushing? It looks more like it slowly moved and smeared dirt behind it.

really weird.

reply to post by JScytale

Zorgon's photos show smooth flattened dirt. Not like when something roles. Really odd.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Phoenix is a lander only,Zorgon is most likely correct,it's a rock that has got brushed by the scoop arm.Most noticeable thing is the bright, reflective,Gold coloured thing in the far distance.
As for having dirt in front of it,it is the right shape to part anything in front of it,(assuming the "front" is the direction of travel as seen)
The Lander has a good bit of dust on it and so does the "Snail-Trail" at its back end, while the scooped bits seem as is,which seems a bit odd.
Maybe the Martian wind is more like puffs of air here and there,somebody work that out!

[edit on 20-6-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Martian air is just like Earth's only weaker due to less pressure.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Thanks Gorman,that's why I was asking how a wind would behave on Mars,maybe more of a pouff,than a puff.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Well it's difficult to think about because of the different pressure and gravity. It's almost like the moon except gravity is a bit stronger.... .4 Gs basically

....um.... If I recall... yes I do. Check this out. Pretty much does justice:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Nice Find Gorman!

That really does look like a crab.

I'm starring and flagging this one

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

nah, probably just a leech...

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
nice find interesting ?

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

If you download the full image & look just to the left of your rock, there is a rectangle of disturbed dirt/dust that looks to have been caused by the rover. I think Zorgon mentioned something about the soil sampler disturbing things.

My guess is the rock has been moved by the soil sampler, or similar.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Love that... the Pegasus

Right click to view whole image

[edit on 20-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
wow life on mars i knew there was they told me already there is a underwater society in mars a tribe of blues inhabit mars.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The Truth T

Who is the "they" that told you that?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Looks like a rock rolled down a hill, I'm basing this on the indents in the trail, which seem to suggest a point pushing down into the dirt.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticPerhaps

Looks like a rock rolled down a hill, I'm basing this on the indents in the trail, which seem to suggest a point pushing down into the dirt.

Crabs are also capable of moving downhill.

It makes sense that it looks like a rock - it is likely evolved to blend in with its environment.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

I'm not that sure of that because those machines operate with stunning accuracy. Why risk hitting anything?

reply to post by Exuberant1

It's uphill, actually. Simply because the lander may have made some disturbance while landing. otherwise it's flat.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I also found something odd looking in that picture to the right a little and up looks like a wagon wheel or drain or something crazy rock formation >.>

img37.imageshack.us...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Cubenis

I can't see what you mean in your picture.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Its right in the center of the picture looks like a stop sign in shape sits out of the dirt a bit just weird looking and also to the right of that kind of looks like a pipe or a pot or something just weird shapes i guess.
img8.imageshack.us...

also just for fun on the other side of the picture to the left there is this weird reflective almost looks like a solar panel way out in the distance looks like a very shiney rock in the pic.

img193.imageshack.us...

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Cubenis]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Cubenis

I dunno.......

The problem is you can keeping looking at these images & seeing all sorts of shapes & shadows that resemble things that are familiar.

The first image doesn't do much for me

I wonder what the shiny/reflective object is in the second image.

I recall quite a long thread discussing something similar. If my memory serves me correctly, there was some agreement to the effect the object was something to do with the vehicle.

Sometimes the scale in these Mars pic's can be difficult to ascertain. Sometimes things are much bigger or smaller than they appear to be. From what I've seen, people more often overestimate the size of objects, rather than underestimating the size of the objects.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Sam60]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join